Black Widow Mouse
|Black Widow Mouse|
|Mouse Group: Indigenous Mice|
|Locations:||Many Locations (see chart below)||Loot:||Varies by Location (see chart below)|
|Larry's Loot Lexicon:||MouseHunt Info Page||Image:||External Link|
|When a mouse is able to swipe a single piece of SUPER|brie+ from a hunter's trap, Widows often follow the lucky mouse and lure them into a tangled trap of their own. Their lust for magical cheese seems to grow stronger with each piece they add to their stash. Extremely sensitive to their surroundings, their ability to detect even the slightest vibration make these stealthy mice somewhat hard to find. This mouse carries SUPER|brie+.|
Preferred Cheese and Loot by Location
All power types are of normal effectiveness against the Black Widow Mouse.
- The Black Widow Mouse drops the Black Widow Egg during the annual Spring Egg Hunt.
- Ronza - 30 June through 7 July 2015
- Spring Egg Hunt 2014 - 15 April through 27 May 2014
- MouseHunt's Sixth Birthday - 4-25 March 2014
- Fifth Birthday Party Celebration - 7-18 March 2013
- MouseHunt's 3rd Birthday Celebration - 4-24 March 2011
- Great Winter Hunt '09 - 3 December 2009 through 2 January 2019
- Ronza's Rockin' Return - 20 October through 3 November 2009
History and Trivia
- The Black Widow Mouse was the first visually female breed to be released. Since then, many others have been introduced.
- 5 August 2009 through 10 August 2010: The Black Widow Mouse was counted as one of the Rare Breeds (along with a variety of Prize mice and Special Event Mice) that could help hunters earn a Bonus Mice Badge. The Black Widow Mouse was subsequently removed from the Rare Breeds list and now counts towards the Breeds Caught total as a member of the Indigenous group.
- 14 April 2011: The Black Widow Mouse began dropping a bonus Black Widow Egg as loot during the Spring Egg Hunt 2011 event.
- 29 August 2012: The Black Widow Mouse began dropping Ancient Relic as loot.
- 25 June 2013: The Black Widow Mouse gained a vulnerability to Law power type traps, with the release of Varmint Valley.
- 19 September 2013: As part of the Gnawnia mice population shift, the Black Widow Mouse was removed from the Meadow and Town of Gnawnia locations.
- 25 March 2014: The Black Widow Mouse gained a vulnerability to Rift power type traps, with the release of the Rift Plane.