Black Widow Mouse
The Black Widow Mouse is a rare breed of mouse found in all locations within the Bristle Woods, Burroughs, and Whisker Woods regions, plus Derr Dunes, Elub Shore, Harbour, King's Arms, Mountain, Nerg Plains, and Training Grounds. They are known to always drop SUPER|brie+ cheese in all locations, Radioactive Blue cheese in the Mousoleum, Catacombs, and Forbidden Grove, and Gnarled and Wicked Gnarly cheese in the Lagoon. They are also known to occasionally drop Ancient Relic in all locations.
|Black Widow Mouse|
|Mouse Group: Indigenous Mice|
|Points:||480||Weaknesses:||All types except Parental|
|Locations:|| Bristle Woods |
Whisker Woods regions
|Loot:|| Ancient Relic|
|Larry's Loot Lexicon:||MouseHunt Info Page||Image:||External Link|
|When a mouse is able to swipe a single piece of SUPER|brie+ from a hunter's trap, Widows often follow the lucky mouse and lure them into a tangled trap of their own. Their lust for magical cheese seems to grow stronger with each piece they add to their stash. Extremely sensitive to their surroundings, their ability to detect even the slightest vibration make these stealthy mice somewhat hard to find. This mouse carries SUPER|brie+|
Black Widow mice have a distinct preference for SUPER|brie+ cheese, except in the Mousoleum, Catacombs, Forbidden Grove, and Acolyte Realm, where they are instead especially attracted to Radioactive Blue Cheese, and in Lagoon where they are instead especially attracted to Gnarled and Wicked Gnarly cheese. In the Laboratory, Black Widow mice are especially attracted to both SUPER|brie+ and Radioactive Blue Cheese.
The Black Widow is a mouse that is only rarely attracted to a hunter's trap, so one strategy is not to hunt for it and just let it come to you. Since the Black Widow does appear on Treasure Maps, hunters will sometimes actively hunt it. Hunting in the Harbour with SUPER|brie+ (or in the Mountain with SUPER|brie+ but without Prospector's Charms) will attract the most Black Widow mice. Hunting in the Lagoon with Gnarled cheese provides the best attraction without SUPER|brie+. Some hunters like to use Wicked Gnarly cheese in the Lagoon for a chance to catch the Silth mouse at the same time.
History and Trivia
Black Widow mice were the first visually female breed to be released. Since then, many others have been introduced.
- Between 5 August 2009 and 10 August 2010 the Black Widow was counted as one of the Rare Breeds (along with a variety of Prize Mice and Special Event Mice) that could help hunters earn a Bonus Mice Badge. The Black Widow was subsequently removed from the Rare Breeds list and now counts towards the Breeds Caught total as a member of the Indigenous group.
- On 12 January 2011, Black Widow mice could be found at Ronza's Traveling Shoppe where they dropped Rockforth cheese as loot for the first time.
- On 4 March 2011, Black Widow mice could be found at the Birthday Party location during MouseHunt's 3rd Birthday Celebration.
- During the Spring Egg Hunt 2011 event, Black Widow mice began dropping a bonus Black Widow Egg as loot for hunters who had obtained the Rocket Rabbit Mallet. They dropped the same loot the following year during the Spring Egg Hunt 2012 event for hunters who had obtained the Eggscavator.
- Black Widow mice began dropping Ancient Relic as loot on 29 August 2012.
- On 25 June 2013, they gained a vulnerability to Law power type traps, with the release of Varmint Valley.
- Prior to the Gnawnia mice population shift on 19 September 2013, Black Widow mice could also be found in the Meadow and Town of Gnawnia.