Black Widow Mouse
|Black Widow Mouse|
|Mouse Group: Indigenous Mice|
|Points:||480||Weaknesses:||All types except Parental|
|Locations:|| Bristle Woods |
Whisker Woods locations
|Loot:|| Ancient Relic|
Radioactive Blue cheese
Wicked Gnarly cheese
|Larry's Loot Lexicon:||MouseHunt Info Page||Image:||External Link|
|When a mouse is able to swipe a single piece of SUPER|brie+ from a hunter's trap, Widows often follow the lucky mouse and lure them into a tangled trap of their own. Their lust for magical cheese seems to grow stronger with each piece they add to their stash. Extremely sensitive to their surroundings, their ability to detect even the slightest vibration make these stealthy mice somewhat hard to find. This mouse carries SUPER|brie+.|
The Black Widow Mouse has a distinct preference for SUPER|brie+ cheese, except in the Mousoleum, Catacombs, Forbidden Grove, and Acolyte Realm, where it is instead especially attracted to Radioactive Blue Cheese, and in Lagoon where it is instead especially attracted to Gnarled and Wicked Gnarly cheese. In the Laboratory, the Black Widow Mouse is especially attracted to both SUPER|brie+ and Radioactive Blue Cheese.
The Black Widow is a mouse that is only rarely attracted to a hunter's trap, so one strategy is not to hunt for it and just let it come to you. Since the Black Widow does appear on Treasure Maps, hunters will sometimes actively hunt it. Hunting in the Harbour with SUPER|brie+ (or in the Mountain with SUPER|brie+ but without Prospector's Charms) will attract the most Black Widow mice. Hunting in the Lagoon with Gnarled cheese provides the best attraction without SUPER|brie+. Some hunters like to use Wicked Gnarly cheese in the Lagoon for a chance to catch the Silth mouse at the same time.
- The Black Widow Mouse drops the Black Widow Egg during the annual Spring Egg Hunt.
- Spring Egg Hunt 2014 - 15 April through 27 May 2014
- MouseHunt's Sixth Birthday - 4-25 March 2014
- Fifth Birthday Party Celebration - 7-18 March 2013
- MouseHunt's 3rd Birthday Celebration - 4-24 March 2011
- Great Winter Hunt '09 - 3 December 2009 through 2 January 2019
- Ronza's Rockin' Return - 20 October through 3 November 2009
History and Trivia
- The Black Widow Mouse was the first visually female breed to be released. Since then, many others have been introduced.
- Between 5 August 2009 and 10 August 2010 the Black Widow was counted as one of the Rare Breeds (along with a variety of Prize mice and Special Event Mice) that could help hunters earn a Bonus Mice Badge. The Black Widow was subsequently removed from the Rare Breeds list and now counts towards the Breeds Caught total as a member of the Indigenous group.
- During the Spring Egg Hunt 2011 event, the Black Widow mouse began dropping a bonus Black Widow Egg as loot.
- 29 August 2012: The Black Widow mouse began dropping Ancient Relic as loot.
- 25 June 2013: The Black Widow gained a vulnerability to Law power type traps, with the release of Varmint Valley.
- 19 September 2013: As part of the Gnawnia mice population shift, the Black Widow mouse could no longer be found in the Meadow and Town of Gnawnia.
- 25 March 2014: The Black Widow mouse gained a vulnerability to Rift power type traps, with the release of the Rift Plane.