Gnawnia is the principal region under the direct control of the King. It comprises five main areas:
- Slightly secluded from the human population, the Meadow is mostly inhabited by the more timid breeds of mice. Considered somewhat of a safe haven for novice mouse hunters who hate to see their cheese stolen.
- With a dense population and a variety of environments, a hunter will be sure to find almost all varieties of mice when in town.
- This windmill, and the farm beside it, used to belong to one of Gnawnia's most prosperous farmers before the mice took it over. Windmill mice enjoy the simple life down on the farm, but don't be fooled by their relaxed attitude-- they're laid-back about everything but cheese.
- Full of fresh air and plenty of sunshine, the Harbour seems to attract the types of mice who boast of sea salt in their veins.
- This treacherous environment only allows the toughest of mice to survive. Be warned: the Mountain is no place for the novice mouse hunter!
Two other areas, Ronza's Traveling Shoppe and the King's Party Zone (under such names as Chocolate Factory, Festive Comet, Heart of the Tiger Party, or Haunted Terrortories), have been known to appear occasionally.
History and Trivia
- The Slushy Shoreline was introduced on 7 May 2012.
- The Windmill was introduced 30 June 2010. At the same time, the Meadow became the starting point for new players, where it had previously been the Town of Gnawnia.
- The Slushy Shoreline was relocated to the Rodentia region
To move to a new area within the game, click on the TRAVEL button. The map will show all your discovered areas, as well as any travel costs or special considerations of note in a specific area. It will also show the minimum rank required to hunt in that area.