Goliath Field Mouse
|Goliath Field Mouse|
|Mouse Group: Rift Walkers (Gnawnia Rift)|
|Location & Attraction Info|
|Required Power Types:||Rift||Other Requirements:||??|
|Locations:||Gnawnia Rift||Loot:||Ancient Relic|
Raw Rift Crystal
|Larry's Loot Lexicon:||MouseHunt Info Page||Image:||Image Link|
|Sleeping for centuries at a time, the Goliath Field mouse is a Rift wonder in itself. The Rift energies flow through the Goliath mice, allowing life to grow around them as they slumber. Some believe their dreams influence what grows on them. A Rift-seeking hunter would be incredibly lucky to see one moving in his lifetime.|
You'll feel a tremble at first, followed by seismic shaking. That low rumbling off in the distance turns into a roar as mountains crash together all around you! That's when you know... it has awakened.
Goliath Field mice have been found to be especially attracted to Resonator cheese, to the point that any other kind of cheese will simply not suffice.
Like all mice in the Gnawnia Rift, Goliath Field mice can be caught with any power type except Parental. However, due to all types except Rift being less effective against the mice in the area, it is in a hunter's best interest to focus on catching one Goliath Field as soon as possible, to gain the Crystal Tower trap (and the Riftwalker Set bonus if the hunter already has the Rift Base), to make all mice in the area easier to catch. If a hunter does not want to use an Ultimate charm, then Ultimate Power Charms coupled with the hunter's strongest non-Rift trap show a remarkable improvement in catch rate compared to any other charm.
- With the capture of the Goliath Field Mouse, the Gnawnia Rift lost a significant amount of its power.
- The entrance to the Rift appears to have shrunk, making the Kingdom a bit safer from the threat of this Rift. Despite the fact no mouse can currently leave this Rift, I shall continue to endeavour to return when needed, hunting the mice here to ensure this Rift never tears wide open again!
- Although I have saved the Kingdom for the time being, I fear that in time Rifts will open in other areas of the Kingdom.
- The Goliath Field Mouse drops the Enlarged Rift Egg during the annual Spring Egg Hunt.
History and Trivia
- Goliath Field mice were introduced on 25 March 2014, with the introduction of the Rift Plane.
- Goliath Field mice are the Rift version of Field mice.
- Goliath Field mouse is potentially the heaviest mouse found in the game when caught.