- Monster redirects here. For more uses see Monster (disambiguation).
The Monster Mouse is a breed of mouse found in the Catacombs, Laboratory, and Mousoleum. They are known to drop Brie, Swiss, Marble and Cheddar cheese, as well as Living Shards in all three locations. They are also known to drop Greater Radioactive Blue Potions and Lab Research worth 1,000 bonus points in the Laboratory and Catacombs.
|Mouse Group: Indigenous Mice|
|Points:||9,100||Weaknesses:||All types except Parental|
|Gold:||9,100||Bait Pref:||Radioactive Blue|
|Loot:|| Cheddar cheese|
Lab Research (1,000 points)
Greater Radioactive Blue Potion
|Larry's Loot Lexicon:||MouseHunt Info Page||Image:||External Link|
|Deep within the bowels of the Laboratory, alone and miserable, lurks a monster so terrifying, so hideous, that no one dares to speak its name. Known only as Dr. F. Romage's Monster mice, their horrible howls can be heard rumbling throughout the walls of the Lab, haunting those who dwell close enough to hear them.|
Monster mice have been found to be especially attracted to Radioactive Blue cheese, to the point that any other kind of cheese will simply not suffice - the only exception being SUPER|brie+, with which it is also possible to attract Monster mice, but the probability is very low.
The recommended setup for catching 'Monster mice is a Digby Drillbot with Radioactive Blue cheese in the Laboratory or the Arcane Capturing Rod Of Never Yielding Mystery with Radioactive Blue cheese in the Catacombs.
History and Trivia
- When individual mice weights varied, heavier Monster mice were known to drop more loot than their lighter brethren.
- Their description states that the breed was created by Dr. F. Romage. The doctor's first initial and surname spell fromage, the French word for "cheese."
- The visual appearance of these mice is an assortment of components from the White Mouse, Brown Mouse, Dwarf Mouse, Steel Mouse, Granite Mouse, Bionic Mouse, and Gold Mouse.
- The faint silhouette of the Monster Mouse can be seen on the Laboratory header image.
- On 24 March 2010 Monster mice began dropping Living Shards.
- Monster mice were available in all three sections of the Haunted Terrortories location during the 2010 and 2011 Halloween Trick AND Treat Events, where they dropped Cheddar, Marble, Swiss, and Brie cheese, as well as Living Shards.
- On 15 December 2010, a new wave of mice invaded the Festive Comet. Led by the Scrooge Mouse, the Monster Mouse was released in the Festive Comet for the first time and in this location, was found to be especially attracted to Seasoned Gouda cheese; it was humorously costumed to befit the event.
- Monster mice began dropping the Green Plaid Egg as loot, in the Laboratory on 14 April 2011, for the Spring Egg Hunt 2011 event.
- During the Spring Egg Hunt 2011, Monster mice also dropped a bonus Monster Egg as loot for hunters who had obtained the Rocket Rabbit Mallet. They dropped the same loot the following year during the Spring Egg Hunt 2012 event for hunters who had obtained the Eggscavator.
- Monster mice could be found at the Great Gnawnian Games in August 2012, when hunting with Runny cheese.
- On 25 June 2013, they gained a vulnerability to Law power type traps, with the release of Varmint Valley.
- On 10 December 2013, they appeared at the Festive Snow Fort during the Great Winter Snowball Fight.