Trap Setup Options for the Catacombs
- How powerful the trap combination is
- What the effectiveness of the trap is, which is determined by the type of mice available at the location
- How lucky the trap combination is
- What the impact of the setup on the Stale Cheese effect is
- In combination with the type of bait that the hunter is using how well the setup attracts mice
- What your current goal is
- If you are interested in attraction, you want mice to show up to your trap even if you do not catch them.
- If you are interested in points you want to be catch the most mice and not care which particular mice are involved
- If you are interested in profit you may be willing to attract fewer mice and catch fewer mice so long as you are earning gold the fastest. This depends on the cost of your cheese.
- If you are looking for loot, you want the setup and cheese that catches the mouse that drops the loot you are interested in.
- If you are looking for loot, you want the setup that catches the mice that drop loot the best.
- If you are looking for Keeper's Candle, or the Front Cover of Plankrun's Journal, you want the setup that catches the Keeper Mouse best.
- If you are looking for Scrap Metal, you want the setup that catches the Scavenger Mouse the best.
- If you are looking for Coal, you want the setup that catches the Keeper and Scavenger mice the best.
- If you are looking for Ancient Potions, or Corrupted Radioactive Blue Potions, you want the setup that catches the Keeper Mouse, Keeper's Assistant, and Scavenger Mouse the best.
This is a rough guideline on which setup is best suited for a particular goal. The best choice for a particular goal is given a ranking of 1st.
Shown in the table below are the statistics when combined with the respective Bases and bait. Click on the sorting box beside a particular attribute to do a quick comparison.
|Trap||Base||Cheese||Power||Luck||Cheese Effect||Attraction||Points||Profit||Potions||Scrap Metal & Coal||Keeper|
|ACRONYM||Molten Shrapnel Base||Radioactive Blue||5,084||26||Über Stale||3rd||1st||1st||1st||1st||1st|
|ACRONYM||Spellbook Base||Radioactive Blue||5,418||25||Extremely Stale||3rd||1st||1st||2nd||2nd||2nd|
|ACRONYM||Candy Cane Base||Radioactive Blue||4,592||26||Extremely Stale||9th||3rd||3rd||2nd||3rd||2nd|
|ACRONYM||Dehydration Base||Radioactive Blue||4,508||22||No Effect||3rd||4th||4th||2nd||5th||4th|
|ACRONYM||Tribal Base||Radioactive Blue||5,168||18||Extremely Stale||8th||5th||5th||2nd||6th||4th|
|Obelisk of Incineration||Explosive Base||Radioactive Blue||2,818||1||Ultimately Stale||3rd||8th||9th||9th||9th||6th|
|Obelisk of Incineration||Dehydration Base||Radioactive Blue||2,613||5||No Effect||3rd||9th||6th||2nd||3rd||6th|
|Obelisk of Slumber||Candy Cane Base||Radioactive Blue||2,400||8||Insanely Fresh||2nd||6th||6th||7th||8th||6th|
|Obelisk of Slumber||Explosive Base||Radioactive Blue||2,520||0||Very Fresh||1st||7th||8th||8th||6th||9th|