Was feeling a tad nostalgic and came back to visit the wiki, even though I have since retired from the game itself some time back. It's good to see that things are still being run well, more so by the same few dedicated editors (Special:ActiveUsers), and also by some names new to me, though it still remains quite a select group of individuals :)
Cheers to more good years to come for the game and this amazing wiki!
-- Grexx 19:02, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
Guidelines & notes for editors
Some users might have noticed that I have been laying out general guidelines for some of the more major articles on the MH Wiki. This is done mainly so that editors will have a point of reference in case there are any doubts about a particular issue. However, the guidelines I put up are not set in stone, neither are they indisputable. They are there primarily to make the whole editing process go more smoothly and reduce the number of disputes. Requirements change over time, and sometimes the guidelines can and do become outdated. If any other editor has a better or alternate way of presenting an article, they should go ahead and propose or make the required changes. Please do remember to pass major changes through some form of feedback before any implementation, usually by stating it in the respective articles' talk page. -- Grexx 20:22, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
Some of the articles which have had substantial input from myself:
- Creation of MHWiki:Editor's Corner and related set of articles based on Brossow's original idea. – Mar 2009
- Creation of Crafting Items, consolidation of minor crafting item pages, jointly worked on with Ralphminer and Camomiletea – Aug to Sep 2009
- Revamp and standardization of Cheese article, inclusion of availability and usage information – Sep 2009
A bunch of things that need work on, that I don't have the time to get to at the moment:
- Deciding what to do with potion articles, either moving the potion articles into the cheeses, such as Brie Alchemy Potion into Brie, or Radioactive Blue Cheese Curd Potion into Radioactive Blue, or leaving separate and reducing the redundancy among pages at the moment (repetitive advice).
- Brief writeup on how to navigate in the Location Quick Reference article, mentioning internal section links and external links
- MHWiki:Data Links needs updating due to changes over the months.
- Updated Mouse subsection. Other sections pending.
- Rewording the Stale Cheese article for better flow, splitting into proper subsections. Some strategies are similar for all stale cheese types, but some are distinct, need to separate or maybe create a table to present it better.
- Many pages lack See Also links to link up with related articles, and of those pages that do have them, many lack good, brief descriptions on what those links are about. Outstanding issue for over 6 months now.
- Cleanup of all Hunting Strategy sections within individual location articles. Some of them are skewed towards a certain viewpoint, and poorly presents the different choices available.
- Adjustment of Larry's tips to start off the hunting strategy sections, as well as adjustment to the strategy writeups to complement Larry's tips and remove any redundant areas that could confuse players.
17:48, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
- Fixing Acolyte redirect to point to Acolyte Mouse instead, which is the more common search term, and fixing related links.
18:51, 22 May 2010 (UTC)