This foreboding sea cave has fierce, unpredictable tides that can easily wash unsuspecting Hunters out to sea. Those who seek the spirits of this darkened grotto should arm a Shadow, Arcane or Forgotten trap, and use Vanilla Stilton as bait.
Description and Requirements
Upon capturing a Riptide mouse, the hunter will be washed out to the Jungle of Dread. The hunter may immediately reenter the Balack's Cove until the next capture of a Riptide. The Cove has an 18 hour 40 minute tide cycle; for 16 hours, the tide is low, and no Riptide mice are present. Then for 1 hour, the tide rises to medium tide and Riptide mice start to replace Tidal Fisher mice. Then the tide rises to high tide and for 40 minutes, only Riptide can be encountered. Finally, the tide recedes to medium tide for another 1 hour before starting at low tide again to complete the cycle.
Mice in this location may steal points or gold (but not multiple pieces of cheese) if not captured.
There are no shops available in Balack's Cove. Shops for the Tribal Isles region can be found in Cape Clawed.
Balack's Cove Mice
|Balack the Banished||80,000||41,000||Balack's Banished||Ancient Relic|
|Davy Jones||9,000||2,000||Balack's Banished|
|Derr Lich||32,112||13,508||Balack's Banished||Bottled-Up Rage|
|Elub Lich Mouse||52,992||8,272||Balack's Banished||Lich Jewel|
Pinch of Annoyance
|Enslaved Spirit||20,000||900||Balack's Banished|
|Nerg Lich||40,144||10,340||Balack's Banished||Lich Jewel|
Raisins of Wrath
|Tidal Fisher||9,800||3,800||Balack's Banished|
|Twisted Fiend||10,500||1,100||Balack's Banished|
Hunters are advised to use a powerful trap setup, preferably with an Arcane or Forgotten weapon. Those wanting to catch Balack the Banished should use the Ancient Box Trap, currently the only available Forgotten weapon. Hunting with Empowered Anchor Charms armed prevents the hunter from being washed out of Balack's Cove when capturing a Riptide Mouse.
Vanilla Stilton attracts every mouse in Balack's Cove except for Balack the Banished. Vengeful Vanilla Stilton attracts every mouse in Balack's Cove, including Balack the Banished, and attracts proportionally more of the Elub Lich, Derr Lich and Nerg Lich.
Hunting tips by Larry
I'm jolly glad to be out of Dracano, fearless MouseHunter, but this place isn't much better... I can hear whispering all around, and I don't think it's the sound of the waves.
This is the cursed resting place of Balack the Banished, and his legion of lich slaves. Shadow and Arcane traps work here, but Forgotten traps garner the best results, especially in conflict with Balack. The evil lord's followers respond only to the smell of rare vanilla bean, so keep plenty of Vanilla Stilton on hand. If you're after Balack and his Elder Liches, however, you'll need something with a little more bite-- Vengeful Vanilla Stilton, a nasty cheese made from the rage of Balack's eternal slaves.
If a legion of undead mice isn't enough to spook you, there's also the tides. The mysterious Riptide Mouse pulls the tides in and out several times a day, so unlucky Hunters caught in the waves will get washed out onto the shores of the Jungle of Dread!
The tides have three states; Low, medium and high. Low tide lasts the longest and there are no Riptide mice present. Riptide mice abundant during medium tide, and extremely abundant during high tide. Should you catch a Riptide mouse, you will be washed out into the Jungle of Dread!
This will be a difficult fight, even for an experienced MouseHunter, but I believe in you! Get in there and lift that curse!
- The Empowered Anchor Charm prevents being washed out of Balack's Cove when capturing a Riptide Mouse.
- The Nutcracker Nuisance Trap is a limited edition trap that increases the chance that Derr Lich, Elub Lich and Nerg Lich mice will drop twice the loot when caught.
History and Trivia
- Balack's Cove opened on 17 May 2010.
- The Tidal Fisher Mouse was added on 21 September 2010.
- On 21 September 2010, the tidal cycle was stabilized and the role of the Riptide mouse became instrumental in washing hunters out into the Jungle of Dread; prior to this date, the Cove closure was timed but not dependent on the capture of a specific mouse.
- The current banner image was painted live on 6 January 2012 during an 'Art Edition' of Feedback Friday. Ideas and suggestions for the environment were provided by the audience at the time of painting. The image was updated to the location on 16 February 2012.
- Trap Setup Options for Balack's Cove
- MouseHunt Timers – timers for Balack's Cove, Forbidden Grove and Seasonal Garden
- Original banner image
- Current banner image