Cheese is typically purchased at the Cheese Shoppe, and is essential for arming your trap. The "special" cheeses SUPER|brie+ and Radioactive Blue are obtained through either donations to the MouseHunt developers or by imbuing other cheeses with potions. Different types of cheese have different odds of attracting a variety of mice to your trap. In general, a more expensive cheese will be better in attracting mice than less expensive varieties.
As you travel and move your trap to new locations, you may notice some cheese attracts specific breeds of mice more often than others. Although this will not always be obvious, observant hunters will benefit from studying the cheese preferences of different mice in different locations.
(Please note: The following prices for cheese are only applicable to the Cheese Shoppe in the Town of Gnawnia. Cheese Shoppes in other areas may not sell all cheese types, and the cheese that is available may be sold at different prices.)
- Cheddar - 10 gold/piece.
- Cheddar is rather poor at attracting most mice, however hunters may find success with this cheese when hunting the more frail breeds.
- Marble - 50 gold/piece.
- Marble offers a decent chance of attracting a variety of mice.
- Swiss - 100 gold/piece.
- Swiss offers a good chance of attracting a variety of mice.
- Brie - 200 gold/piece.
- Brie offers a very good chance of attracting a variety of mice.
- SUPER|brie+ has a 99% attraction rate for all Gnawnia mice, regardless of their preferences for other flavours.
- Radioactive Blue cheese cannot be bought. It can only be obtained by imbuing Brie or SUPER|brie+ with a Radioactive Blue Cheese Curd Potion or Greater Radioactive Blue Cheese Curd Potion, which can be collected as loot in the Laboratory. The Black Widow Mouse is known to drop Radioactive Blue cheese when caught in the Mousoleum.
Limited Edition Cheeses
- Moon is a special cheese that was only available through Ronza's Traveling Shoppe during a visit to the Burroughs region.
The following cheeses can be created through Crafting:
- This cheese is rather poor at attracting mice. However it seems that its unique scent drives away the white, grey and brown breeds of mice.
- This cheese is the result of the careful art of fusing a seemingly infinite quantity of flavours into a single cube of cheese. This decadent bait seems to be the only cheese capable of breaking the will power of the Masters of Cheese Belt.
- Considered somewhat of an acquired taste, Susheese is the traditional meal of the school of the Cheese Claw. The combination of delicious brie and fish fresh out of the Burroughs River seems to be the only bait that will attract the Masters of the Cheese Claw.
- This cheese is specially prepared swiss mounted on combat dummies and adorned with a target. Masters of the Cheese Fang often use this apparatus to teach students combat techniques as well as help decrease their mental weakness to cheese. Be warned! Should a Master of the Cheese Fang see a hunter using a chunk of this as bait it will surely cause them to challenge the hunter to defend the honor of the school.
- Little is known about the origins of Rumble cheese. Many hunters suspect it is an invention of the Furoma forces designed to somehow destroy Gnawnia. This cheese appears to be incredibly unstable and radiate a mysterious power outwards from its center. The power of Rumble cheese intimidates all mice, scaring them away yet some hunters believe it is the key to attracting powerful, malicious mice. Should you choose to use this bait think long and hard if you are strategically prepared for the adversary it may summon.