Give To Friends
Hunters are able to send supplies from their own inventory to friends, not to be confused with daily gifting or gifts from the Festive Gift Shoppe. While there is no title requirement for receiving supplies, only Apprentice and above can send supplies via this feature. There is no limit on how many friends a hunter transfers supplies to, nor how frequently these transfers occur. It can be accessed through the 'Friends' tab, or by going to this link.
Using gifts to friends as a means of trading is inherently risky; the only guaranteed safe way to trade supplies is via the Marketplace, although not all giveable items can be sold on the marketplace. Conversely, there are a few items on the marketplace that cannot be given to friends. Several communities have formed to help provide safer trades; this is done by using a trusted third-party intermediary to ensure that both parties in the trade hold up their end of a bargain. However, trading is always done at your own risk, and there is no official recourse for a trade gone wrong.
There is a range of supplies that hunters are currently able to transfer:
- 1A minimum of 100 gold and a maximum of 1,000,000 gold can be transferred at any one time. The King applies a 10% tax on the giver on all gold transfers.
- 2While a sender gives up a Passing Parcel collectible, the recipient receives a Passing Parcel convertible. Also, the Passing Parcel Collectible includes a link for transfer as part of its interactive message; there is also a link available from a hunter's profile page during the Great Winter Hunt 2013).
History and Trivia
- Before the major update to version 3.0 (Longtail) on 8 June 2010, the 10% tax was applied only when a hunter transferred gold to a friend with more hunter points.
- On 31 January 2012, the Winter, Winter Screw, Winter Spring and Winter Wood Charms were removed from the list of transferable supplies.
- Runny Cheese could be given for one day only, on 31 July 2012.
- Winter Charms could be transferred during the Great Winter Hunt 2012.
- Prior to Great Winter Hunt 2015, Electric Candle, Nutcracker and Tree Snowglobe could be transferred.