Jungle of Dread
Named by the tribes, this dangerous jungle is home to some of the most terrifying mice ever discovered. Long ago the leaders of the tribes discovered a spicy cheese made with peppers capable of distracting the mighty beasts of the jungle. This peppered bait may be the key to luring these mice to a trap...
Description and Requirements
The Jungle of Dread is a location in the Tribal Isles region requiring a minimum rank of Hero and the Ocean Navigation Kit. Mice in this location may steal points or gold (but not multiple pieces of cheese) if not captured.
Jungle of Dread Mice
The 6 different flavours of Havarti cheese are required to attract 6 of the mice in this location, each of which drops specific loot that is necessary to craft the Ancient Box Trap. SUPER|brie+ or Gouda cheese attracts the Swarm of Pygmy Mice and Pygmy Wrangler mice, both breeds drop Vanilla Beans as loot.
All mice in The Dreaded Horde can only be caught using Shadow type weapons.
Hunting tips by Larry
My knowledge of this area is woefully inadequate, due to my total knee-knocking fear of entering here. Maybe when you learn some things about this area, you can give me some tips. How does that sound?
- The Cackle Charm increases the drop rate of Fire Salt when hunting in the Jungle of Dread. The effect stacks with the effect of the Cackle Lantern Trap.
- The Dreaded Charm provides a 300% power bonus when used in the Jungle of Dread.
- The Cackle Lantern Trap is a limited edition trap that occasionally increases Fire Salt drops when hunting in the Jungle of Dread. The effect stacks with the effect of Cackle Charms.
History and Trivia
- The Jungle of Dread was released on 11 August 2009.
- The Swarm of Pygmy Mice was added on 17 May 2010.
- The Pygmy Wrangler was added on 16 February 2012.
- The current banner image was painted live on 25 May 2012 during an 'Art Edition' of Feedback Friday. Ideas and suggestions for the environment were provided by the audience at the time of painting.