Ronza's Traveling Shoppe 2008-2014
Ronza stops in from time to time, bringing MouseHunters new and fancy trap components from other parts of the world. Little is known about her origins, and she never stays very long. The King allows Ronza to make port near the castle, to sell her goods. Perhaps the more she visits, the more we will find out about her...
Description and Requirements
Ronza's Traveling Shoppe is a special location, a large blimp that occasionally becomes available for hunters to visit and purchase special supplies. The merchant, Ronza, is a mysterious woman of unknown origin. When this ship lands, anyone who has access to the region in which she lands can visit her shop provided they have the gold to travel there. Her shop will show in the list of locations for the region where she lands just like any other location, and you travel there in the normal way. There is no title limitation to access the Ronza's Traveling Shoppe. However, do note that if Ronza lands at a place not accessible to new hunters, they would not be able to access it. For example, a Novice hunter cannot access Ronza's Traveling Shoppe if it is located in the Furoma region as (s)he does not have the maps and the title.
Although Ronza's Traveling Shoppe is only available for short periods at a time, you can stay there and hunt for mice if you choose. If you are still in the shop when Ronza departs, you will be transported back to Gnawnia at no cost to you with the following message:
"Ronza cut the tethers to her ship and took off into the sky. On her way out, she dropped me off at the Town of Gnawnia, free of charge, where I resumed the hunt."
These are the shops that can be found in Ronza's Traveling Shoppe:
It is also important to note that Ronza's Traveling Shoppe will not always carry the same merchandise during her visits and some shops may not always be available.
Ronza's Traveling Shoppe Mice
|Mouse||Max Points||Min Gold||Power Type||Loot|
|Black Widow||480||11||Physical||SUPER|brie+ cheese|
|Diamond||1,200||601||Physical||Rockforth cheese **|
|Gold||600||1,201||Physical||Rockforth cheese **|
|Nibbler||1,100||901||Physical||Rockforth cheese **|
|White||70||101||Physical||Teddy Bear **|
|** Rockforth Cheese and Teddy Bear were only dropped during her visit in October, 2009|
- Highlighted mice are those rarely encountered in the location.
- *Special event mice available only during The Great Winter Hunt '09.
In this location there are mice of two different power types, Physical and Tactical. Tactical traps are very effective against the Tactical mice in this location, and of normal effectiveness against the physical mice, so a tactical trap is your best choice. Alternatively, both Physical and Hydro power traps are of normal effectiveness against both Physical and Tactical mice, so a Physical or Hydro trap can be used.
Hunting Tips by Larry
Her name can cause both excitement and high blood pressure: Ronza!
Be careful of how much you buy. You may find yourself unable to refund any excess wares.
History and Trivia
- On 4 January 2010, Ronza departed from Gnawnia.
- On 2 January 2010, it was announced that Ronza would be extending her visit until 4 January 2010.
- On 1 January 2010, it was announced in the MouseHunt ticker that The Great Winter Hunt '09 would end on 2 January 2010, and Ronza plans to leave at the same time.
- On 23 December 2009, Ronza suddenly landed in Gnawnia without notice, offering the following items:
|Traps||Snowglobe Trap||341,000||91,000||Available since 23 December 2009|
|2010 Blastoff Trap||512,800||99,000||Available since 30 December 2009|
|Chrome DrillBot||897,400||544,000||Available since 28 December 2009|
|Bases||Candy Cane Base||90,000||110,200||Available since 23 December 2009|
|Firecracker Base||90,000||92,200||Available since 30 December 2009|
|Crafting Items||Splintered Wood||150||NA||Available since 23 December 2009|
- On 2 December 2009, a picture regarding The Great Winter Hunt '09 was posted on MouseHunt's wall photos, with its details depicting a Ronza's Boxing Week and New Year's Specials.
- On 3 November 2009 at approximately 4 PM EST, Ronza departed from Gnawnia. Any hunters who were hunting on her airship when she lifted off received this message: "Ronza cut the tethers to her ship and took off into the sky. On her way out, she dropped me off at the Town of Gnawnia, free of charge, where I resumed the hunt."
- On 2 November 2009, the following was announced : "Ronza leaves this Tuesday (Nov 3). Visit her shop before she flies away!"
- On 20 October 2009, the mice in Ronza's Traveling Shoppe started to drop new loot: Rockforth cheese and Teddy Bear.
- On 20 October 2009, Ronza landed in Gnawnia offering the following items:
|Traps||HitGrab Rockin' Horse||158,500||9,100|
|Crafting Items||Rainbow Mohawk Wig of Awesomeness||60,000||NA||Used for crafting |
HitGrab Rainbow Rockin' Horse
- On 19 October 2009, a few flyers from Ronza were found stating her two-week stay would begin the following day.
- On 16 October 2009, Ronza's airship was first sighted on the top right corner of the full map, and a new empty field was found south of the Gnawnia Castle and to the right of Calm Clearing. Approximately 20 hours later, the ship moved further southwest, and was then directly next to Dracano. Shortly after, developer Dave Vanderburg posted in the Recent News and Updates forum, alerting us that Ronza "hopes to make landfall sometime next week" and that "her final destination is the empty spot just south of the Gnawnia Castle."
- During downtime for a hardware upgrade on the 21 September 2009, a picture was uploaded, saying "This October a friend of the Kingdom will be returning after a long voyage!" On the subsequent Feedback Friday, the developers said that it was a reference to Ronza.
- On 9 March 2009, Ronza anchored near the Town of Gnawnia in the Gnawnia region during MouseHunt's Birthday Giveaway and departed four days later. She offered the following items:
|Birthday Cake Base||12,350||0|
|Crafting Items||Party Hat||15,000||NA||Used for crafting PartyBot|
- On 5 January 2009, the following was announced before Ronza's embarkment: "A few determined hunters seem to be holding Ronza's ropes to prevent her take off. Hurry, before she cuts the lines!!"
- On 3 January 2009, the following was announced: "Ronza was all set to take off but still needs to recuperate from the party, she plans to leave on Monday."
- On 31 December 2008, Ronza anchored near the Town of Gnawnia in the Gnawnia region. She offered the following items:
|Crafting Items||Splintered Wood||175||NA|
- On 15 December 2008, the following was announced: "The weather has cleared and Ronza has been spotted in the sky above the Gnawnia castle!" Later that same day, Ronza anchored near the Town of Gnawnia in the Gnawnia region and departed four days later. She offered the following items:
|Crafting Items||Splintered Wood||175||NA|
- On 13 December 2008, the following was announced: "A merchant air ship was forced to make a landing on an island east of Gnawnia until the weather clears up."
- On 11 December 2008, just after the Elf and Abominable Snow mice were introduced, the MouseHunt news feed was updated to include the message, "Despite the stormy weather, one brave merchant has been spotted flying towards Gnawnia." The statement was subsequently updated to read, "Despite stormy weather and strong headwinds slowing their arrival, a brave merchant is flying towards Gnawnia." It was later revealed that these statements referred to Ronza.
- On 27 November 2008, the area in the Burroughs region where Ronza's Traveling Shoppe used to be located became a permanent location known as the Bazaar. It now houses a Cartographer, Cheese Shoppe, and General Store.
- On 18 October 2008, Ronza anchored near the Town of Digby in the Burroughs region and departed three days later. She offered the following item:
- On 16 August 2008, Ronza anchored near the Town of Gnawnia in the Gnawnia region during the Hunter's Reward Weekend and departed two days later. She offered the following item:
|Traps||DeathBot (Chrome Edition)||512,800||136,500|