The correct title of this article is SUPER|brie+. The omission of the | is due to technical restrictions.
SUPER|brie+ (also commonly referred to as Super Brie, SB+ or simply SB) is a "magical" type of cheese. It has the best attraction rate for a variety of mice throughout MouseHunt. It can also be used in conjunction with various potions to create specialty cheeses.
SUPER|brie+ can be obtained in various ways, including real-money donations to the developers, trading with other hunters, gifts from friends, and by completing sponsored offers. These options are discussed below.
- Cheese Shop Description 1:
- SUPER|brie+ offers a 99% attraction rate for many of the mice in Gnawnia.
- This special, extra fragrant brie is only available as a gift to the supporters of MouseHunt.
- This cheese will be delivered to any location, no need to return to a township!
- Cheese Shop Description 2:
- This cheese offers a 99% attraction rate for many of the mice in Gnawnia. Crafty mice are unable to steal more than one piece of this cheese when hunting in dangerous environments!
- Inventory Description:
- This special, extra fragrant brie is only available as a gift to the supporters of MouseHunt. Due to the magical properties of SUPER|brie+, crafty mice are unable to steal multiple pieces of this precious cheese from hunters who hunt in dangerous environments. This cheese offers a 99% attraction rate for many of the mice in Gnawnia
SUPER|brie+ is by far the best cheese to use in a variety of environments, not only in those found in Gnawnia. Its 99% attraction rate holds true for most mice, with the exception of those most often found in the Mousoleum, Meditation Room, Pinnacle Chamber, Catacombs, Forbidden Grove, Acolyte Realm, Lagoon, Jungle of Dread, and Dracano, which require the use of specific cheeses. In addition to boosting attraction rate, SUPER|brie+ also slightly increases the odds of encountering many mice such as Burglars, Black Widows, Workers, Cooks, Furoma Students and prize mice.
Donations for SUPER|brie+
Direct donations for SUPER|brie+ can be made via the MouseHunt donation page. For hunters spending real money, the per-piece cost using the options on the Donation page is far better than that on the Offers page (see the Sponsored offers section below).
For each donation, hunters are also rewarded with a Lucky Golden Shield bonus that adds +7 Luck to their trap combination for a period of time. The duration, as well as the amount of SUPER|brie+ received for each donation, is shown below (all prices in U.S. dollars). A golden shield replaces the standard silver MouseHunt logo in the top-left of the game. A faded golden shield will also appear on the Hunter's Profile page, indicating that the additional luck benefit is active.
|Donation Amount||SUPER|Brie+ received||SUPER|Brie+ per dollar||Shield Duration|
|$1.00||15 pieces||15 pieces||1 Month|
|$3.00||75 pieces||25 pieces||1 Month|
|$7.50||325 pieces||43.33 pieces||1 Month|
|$10.00||500 pieces||50 pieces||1 Month|
|$25.00||1,600 pieces||64 pieces||2 Months|
|$50.00||3,500 pieces||70 pieces||4 Months|
NOTE: Bonus time is not cumulative. Starting from the time of donation, the golden shield will be active for a period of time as detailed above or for the amount of time remaining prior to the donation, whichever is longer. (In other words, two consecutive donations of $1.00 will not yield two months' use of the golden shield.)
The remaining shield duration can be seen at the Traps Inventory page.
There are many payment methods available, including PayPal, Boku, Cherry Credits, Rixty and Facebook Credits via Pay Now.
Getting SUPER|brie+ in-game
An easy way to gain 3 SUPER|brie+ per day is to install the MH toolbar and to run 9 legitimate searches with the search engine.
The King occasionally doles out SUPER|brie+ to his hunters as incentives for the hunt. Hunters can also receive SUPER|brie+ as a reward for successfully catching a Mobster, Glitchpaw or Black Widow Mouse.
SUPER|brie+ can also be obtained through trade requests (see External links below) or by receiving it as a gift from a friend.
SUPER|brie+ is available seasonally as drops from Cupid mice (in February around Valentine's Day), Hollowhead mice (in October around Halloween), as loot from Gifts and Magically Wrapped Gifts (in December around the winter holidays) and Birthday Gifts (around MouseHunt's birthday 7 March). Occasionally, other mice have been selected by the developers to drop SUPER|brie+ as well for limited-time events such as the "Monday Mystery Mouse" begun in late 2009.
SUPER|brie+ can also be obtained by completing a sponsored offer or by purchasing it with real money through the sponsored offers page. Players who successfully complete an offer will receive a Lucky Golden Shield for 1 month.
Sponsored offers may nominally be free or may require the purchase of goods or services. Offers range from completing surveys to applying for credit cards to purchasing subscriptions and more. All such offers, of course, come at a price regardless of whether they are "free" or not.
Increased commercial email
- Hunters completing sponsored offers, particularly the "free" offers, are almost always required to submit personal information including name, address, phone and email address, often along with other demographic information, to complete the offer. Doing so subjects the hunter to an immediate increase in commercial email and almost certainly results in the user's email address being given, traded or sold to countless direct marketing (i.e. "spam") companies. This is noted within the offer terms, but many users fail to read and/or understand the "fine print".
- At the very least, hunters may be well advised to create a separate email address to be used for such offers and to never use their day-to-day address for such offers as the amount of additional email generated is significant, to say the least.
- Hunters completing sponsored offers can expect to spend anywhere from 10 minutes to half an hour or more completing the terms of a single "free" offer in return for half a dozen to a few dozen SUPER|brie+. Generally speaking the more time an offer takes or the more personal information is required, the greater the reward. Hunters can do their own cost/benefit analysis to decide if it is worth spending time on a survey and irreversibly revealing personal information to marketing companies instead of making an actual cash donation.
Per-piece cost and other considerations
- Hunters should also be aware that real-money purchases made through the links on the sponsored offers page have a considerably higher per-piece cost compared with using the direct donation options described in the Donations section above. In addition, it is likely that far less of the money spent in this manner reaches the MouseHunt developers, which in turn means less money for game development, prizes, promotions, and so on. For these reasons, hunters are advised against using these purchase options unless absolutely necessary.
Having said all of this, the "free" sponsored offers provide an opportunity to get SUPER|brie+ with no out-of-pocket expense and may be a useful alternative for hunters who know what they're getting into.