While there's no Grubling Mice in the area, slime trails indicate they've been through here. Perhaps they've been bringing food or something else to the immense and powerful King Grub Mouse that lives in the area?
Description and Requirements
The Sand Crypts is a location in the Sandtail Desert region requiring a minimum rank of Baron/Baroness and the Living Garden Key to enter. It is the alternate version of the Sand Dunes, and can only be accessed after catching a Carmine the Apothecary in the Living Garden and being transported to the Twisted Garden.
Using the wrong cheese (anything but Graveblossom) will transport the hunter back to the Sand Dunes, and the following message will be displayed in the Hunter's Journal:
Almost as if an illusion was suddenly shattered, the world around me snaps back to normal. Using X Cheese has brought me back to the normal world.
If an M400 Hunting Research Assignment locates the M400 in the Sand Dunes, a hunter can encounter it in the Sand Crypts, but will be dropped to normal reality for hunting with the wrong cheese.
These are the shops that can be found in the Living Garden:
Sand Crypt Mice
|King Grub||35,000||8,500||Sand Dunes Mice||Dol Essence|
|King Scarab||175,000||22,500||Sand Dunes Mice||Living Garden Theme Scrap 3|
|Sand Colossus||20,500||1,500||Sand Dunes Mice||Aleth Essence|
|Sarcophamouse||17,000||2,550||Sand Dunes Mice||Aleth Essence|
|Scarab||16,500||3,500||Sand Dunes Mice||Ber Essence|
|Serpentine||25,250||1,650||Sand Dunes Mice||Aleth Essence|
King Grub Minigame
This minigame is not 'activated' in the usual sense. To play, a hunter needs to arm Grub Salt Charms and hunt normally. As the player catches mice, the salt meter will increase (i.e. the King Grub Mouse will be weakened), although the meter is capped at a maximum of 50 salt. The hunter can use Grub Scent Charms whenever he/she wants to to attract the King Grub Mouse; hunting before completely filling the meter is more difficult, but may result in fewer net essences spent over the course of the minigame. The meter will reset after successfully catching the King Grub, with the following message in the Hunter's Journal:
- Whoa, the King Grub mouse nearly wrecked my trap! He definitely dislodged all the salt and left his ah... distinct smell about the place! I'll need to re-salt and scent my trap before attracting another one.
- I should unequip my Grub Scent Charms and save them for later.
A hunter can choose to arm a Shattering Charm instead of a Grub Scent Charm to attract a King Scarab. Catching him resets the salt meter as well, leaving the following message in the Hunter's Journal:
- Success! Though it took an incredible amount of salt, patience, and luck, I was able to catch the massive and terrible King Scarab mouse! Of course, I'll have to re-salt my trap before attracting any more big game.
Hunting tips by Larry
You're going to need a lot of Graveblossom Camembert here. The mice in these crypts don't seem to like anything else! Plus, any other cheese just doesn't feel... appropriate here in this world.
There don't seem to be any grublings in these crypts, but there's definite evidence they've been here, with slime trails littering the ground. At any rate, Grubling Chow Charms won't help here.
Instead, listen close and you'll hear the roar of the King Grub Mouse. He's huge, and powerful, and up to no good! Now, while catching him is definitely in your best interests, he's not going to be an easy fight!
First, you'll need to liberally apply coatings of salt to your trap by purchasing and using Grub Salt Charms, then when you feel you've salted your trap enough, purchase and use some Grub Scent Charms to draw him to your trap and steal his Garden Essences.
The King Grub Mouse is hoarding Garden Essences, but why?
- The Grub Salt Charm and Super Salt Charm increases the salt level by 1 and 2 respectively.
- The Grub Scent Charm allows the attraction of King Grub Mouse.
- The Shattering Charm allows the attraction of King Scarab Mouse.
History and Trivia
- The Twisted Garden opened on 14 November 2012, along with the Living Garden.
- The King Scarab mouse was added on 14 January 2013.