Stale Cheese is the by-product of baited cheese going stale from a trap's cheese effect. Depending on the type of baited cheese, one of 3 types of stale cheese will be created. Only hunters with the title of Apprentice and above will be able to collect stale cheese.
Stale cheese is automatically added to your crafting inventory.
Dried up morsels of cheese are often the result of traps made with harmful chemicals.
Standard Stale Cheese is created when most types of cheese becomes stale. They are listed as follows:
The sight of this item often draws a tear or two from even the most steadfast MouseHunter. The magic of this item seems to be empowered by its almost paradoxical existence.
Stale SUPER|brie+ is created when cheese that have Magic Essence as one of the ingredients turns stale, with the exception of Ancient cheese. They are listed as follows:
Usage: There is currently no known use for Stale SUPER|brie+.
This toxic waste is the result of radioactive blue cheese turning stale.
Radioactive Sludge is created when Radioactive Blue cheese goes stale.
Usage: It is used in crafting the Mutated Venus Mouse Trap.
Gathering Stale Cheese
- The cheese must not attract a mouse (not catching is not enough - cheese stolen by a mouse, with or without red box, cannot become stale).
- The trap's cheese effect must not preserve the cheese from staling
This suggests that to get stale cheese, one must use a trap with a stale cheese effect baited with a cheese that does not attract very many mice.
Weapons with a stale effect include
- Insanely Stale: Arcane Capturing Rod Of Never Yielding Mystery, Obelisk of Incineration, Mutated Venus Mouse Trap
- Very Stale: DeathBot (Chrome Edition), Mouse Rocketine
- Stale: Mouse DeathBot, PartyBot, Sinister Portal, Tacky Glue Trap
There is only one base to date with a stale effect.
Cheddar or White Cheddar are the two kinds of cheese with the lowest attraction. In most areas, these cheeses will still attract some mice. The Mousoleum, Catacombs, Forbidden Grove or Acolyte Realm are areas where few or no mice are drawn to standard cheeses. In these locations, traps collect the most stale cheese in the least amount of time.
Stale cheese farming is nearly as effective with a Wooden Base with Target or Birthday Cake Base rather than the Explosive. These bases attract more mice, therefore reducing the opportunities for stale cheese drops. In some areas, there is a reason to use these alternate bases because of the possibility of catching rare mice or collecting rare loot or potions (Meadow, Town of Digby, Bazaar, Laboratory).
- Cheese – Required to create stale cheese.
- Cheese Effect – Information on how cheese goes stale.
- Traps – List of traps along with their cheese effect.