Attraction Bonus Calculation
From MouseHunt v1.0, I've known the attraction bonus to be a modifier onto the cheese attraction rate. For example, using Swiss cheese with 80% attraction rate with a 10% trap attraction bonus will result in 80% x 110% = 88% attraction rate. However I've noticed that there's a certain ceiling on the maximum attraction rate possible, which I think is pegged at 95% for anything but SB+. The information was gathered by using Brie with 90% attraction rate and 20% trap attraction bonus, which would be 90% x 120% = 108%! Again this was my information way back in MH v1.0, but from my current hunts it still seems to apply.
The bonus itself is easy enough to prove by using a trap setup with 0% and 10% bonus in the same location. Unfortunately I do not have enough hunt logs to prove the information, so I'm leaving it off the page proper. If anyone can gather enough data from other players, please do update the page. The difficult part to prove is the ceiling, although I suspect players who constantly rely on the target base would be able to provide good information on the ceiling %. -- Grexx 17:49, 25 February 2009 (UTC)
- Since I was hunting quite a bit with the Target in the recent past I would be able to provide some data and also would be willing to collect more if needed. Maybe you could explain what I need to do. Also send you a F/R.... _____m. 14:22, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
- From my data, Brie should have 80% attraction rate in Burroughs/Furoma and 90% in Gnawnia regions. So if you used it with a Target Base, you should have had at least 96-108% attraction rate, almost perfect. We'll just need to deduce from the log results what the ceiling could be. Its easy to confirm casually, but we'll need data from more locations and weapon types before it can be even considered for entry into the wiki proper.
- Of course, this is all provided the attraction bonus is multiplied onto the cheese attraction rate. But again, there's only 2 possibilities. Either its added on, which is even more unlikely, or its multiplied. Additionally, the data should come from at least 200 hunts at the same location with the same cheese and attraction bonus, so it's almost a must that the same trap is used throughout.
- Hopefully, by gathering some preliminary data, it will get the ball rolling and someone will organize a larger scale data collection effort. -- Grexx 15:59, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
- I took a look at this in order to create the catch rates estimate tool, here are some of the results (these all use Radioactive Blue in the Catacombs as it's the largest sample size I have):
Attraction Bonus Attracted Hunts Attraction Rate 95% CI 95% Min 95% Max 0% 7,513 9,884 76.01% 0.84% 75.17% 76.85% 5% 2,934 3,754 78.16% 1.32% 76.83% 79.48% 10% 14,654 18,722 78.27% 0.59% 77.68% 78.86% 15% 3,947 4,889 80.57% 1.11% 79.46% 81.68%
- If we assume an attraction rate of 76% for Radiocative Blue in the Catacombs (based on the 0% attraction bonus results) we can then look at the various theories and see if they work:
- Cheese Attraction + Attraction Bonus
Attraction Bonus Expected Result Within min/max range for 95% 0% 76.00% Yes 5% 81.00% No - Too High 10% 86.00% No - Too High 15% 91.00% No - Too High
- This doesn't seem to fit.
- Cheese Attraction * Attraction Bonus
Attraction Bonus Expected Result Within min/max range for 95% 0% 76.00% Yes 5% 79.80% No - Too High 10% 83.60% No - Too High 15% 87.40% No - Too High
- So this doesn't seem to fit either.
- Here's my alternate theory:
- The attraction bonus offers a second chance to attract a mouse if the first fails, so Cheese Attraction + ( (1 - Cheese Attraction) * Attraction Bonus)
Attraction Bonus Expected Result Within min/max range for 95% 0% 76.00% Yes 5% 77.20% Yes 10% 78.40% Yes 15% 79.60% Yes
- All mice are attracted equally to the cheese.
- Hunter's Title does not affect attraction rates.
- Noted problems:
- Radioactive Blue actually appears to have an attraction rate of about 90% in the Mousoleum, either it's different based on the location, the forgotten mice have a lower attraction rate, or there are mice that aren't attracted at all (such as appears to be the case with Vampires in the Catacombs). -- Twentypence 10:30, 07 May 2009 (UTC)
maximum attraction bonus
What about valentine's charm? or is limited to only non-LE trap components?