- 1 Overview
- 2 Heads-Up Display
- 3 Pollution Levels
- 4 Mice
- 5 Hunting Strategy
- 6 Location-Specific Effects
- 7 Shops
- 8 History of Toxic Spills
- 9 History and Trivia
- 10 Links
|Travel Requirement:||Laboratory Map Piece|
Rank required by Pollution Level
|Required Cheese:||Rancid Radioactive Blue Cheese|
|Number of Mice:||23|
|Release Date:||21 January 2014|
|Pollution spewing out of the Laboratory has resulted in this hideous Toxic Spill! The Hunter's Title required to enter is dependent on the current contamination level.|
The Toxic Spill is a location in the Burroughs region requiring a minimum rank of Hero and the Laboratory Map Piece to enter. Mice in this location may steal points, gold, or multiple pieces of cheese if not captured.
Though Hunters ranked Hero and above can enter the Toxic Spill, the ability to do so is based upon the severity of the pollution levels, ranging from Hero to Archduke/Archduchess. As the severity of the Toxic Spill falls and risess, lower ranks are permitted or denied access to the location. The available mouse population changes depending on the rank currently permitted to hunt. Refining of Crude Pollutinum into Pollutinum can be done at any time when the hunter has Crude Pollutinum in their barrel.
The Heads-up Display covers several aspects of the area. In the top left is a count of the current number of hunters in the area.
Cheese and Charms
On the right side is a display showing the hunter's inventory of Rancid Radioactive Blue, Magical Rancid Radioactive Blue, Rotten Charms, Super Rotten Charms, Soap Charms, and Super Soap Charms and allows Hunters to arm or crafted each charm.
The tool-tips for each cheese and charm read as follows:
- Rancid Radioactive Blue is the best common cheese here.
- Magical Rancid Radioactive Blue attracts more of the most toxic mice.
- Rotten Charms attract mice that drop Soapy Suds.
- Super Rotten Charms attract more mice that drop Soapy Suds.
- Soap Charms give a power and luck bonus against Polluted mice. Refine +1 Crude Pollutinum per hunt with this armed!
- Super Soap Charms are the rarest, adding a strong bonus against Polluted mice. Refine +2 Crude Pollutinum per hunt with this armed!
Rank and Progress
Across the bottom of the HUD is a display showing whether the spill is falling or rising, the 8 Rank levels of the area, showing which ranks can currently contribute to the hunt and the amount of time remaining to the next spill level.
Hovering over the ranks gives the length of that rank.
The amount of Crude Pollutinum the hunter has collected,whether you are collecting or refining and the quantity of Crude Pollutinum that can be refined per successful hunt is shown in the lower right. The tooltip reads as follow:
- Convert Crude Pollutinum into refined Pollutinum every hunt. Upgraded barrels and Soap charms fefine it faster. While refining, you can't gather Crude Pollutinum. Currently refining x Pollutinum per hunt!
Where x is dependent on which weapon and charm combination you have armed, See table below.
|Weapon Armed||Super Soap Charm armed||Soap Charm armed||Any other Charm armed|
|S.U.P.E.R. Scum Scrubber||8||7||6|
|All other Hydro Weapons||7||6||5|
- You must arm Rancid Radioactive Blue to attract mice in this area!
|Cleanup Times and Maps by Pollution Level|
|Level Length||Toxic Spill|
|Grand Duke/Grand Duchess||24 Hours||Arduous|
Rank Requirements and Loot
Rancid Radioactive Blue Cheese is the only cheese able to attract The Polluted mice found in the Toxic Spill.
Rotten Charms or Super Rotten Charms are required to attract the Lab Technician Mouse.
Super Rotten Charms are required to attract the Hazmat Mouse.
Hunters can complete the Refine Pollutinum adventure in the Toxic Spill
Hunting tips by Larry
YUCK! This Toxic Spill is disgusting! Full of sludge, goo, grime, and scrap!
The Toxic Spill has had dastardly effects on the mice here! Some have grown to massive proportion, while others have gained powerful abilities! These mice are incredibly challenging adversaries!
The severity of the spill is determined by its contamination level. High levels of contamination are where the most powerful mice reside, while lower levels are home to weaker breeds. The contamination level also determines what title a hunter requires in order to enter the area. As mice are captured, the contamination level will slowly drop, making the area safe enough for less experienced hunters.
In order to lure the Polluted mice to your trap, you'll need a more pungent version of Radioactive Blue Cheese called Rancid Radioactive Blue Cheese. This bait can be made from Radioactive Curd and Sludge, however, the King has also dispatched a cheese vendor to the area, allowing you to purchase the bait from the Cheese Shoppe here.
In addition to Rancid Radioactive Blue Cheese, you'll also want to arm your most powerful hydro trap! The mice here are some of the most challenging you'll find, meaning each bit of Power and ounce of Luck will benefit you.
During your hunting endeavours, you'll likely come across a unique item called Crude Pollutinum. This gooey resource can be refined into Pollutinum: a more useful version of itself. Pollutinum can be used to craft a wide variety of useful items including, charms, bases, trap skins, and more!
One last word of caution: While a Toxic Spill is active, Crude Pollutinum cannot be refined. The process is simply too dangerous to attempt while such high levels of radiation are present in the Kingdom. You'll need to wait until the spill is cleaned up before refining any Crude Pollutinum you find to avoid the risk of it being re-contaminated.
Well, that's all the advice I have for you, hunter. Grab some soapy water and get to work! This place is hideous.
- The S.U.P.E.R. Scum Scrubber Trap adds 1 Crude Pollutinum upon each successful catch (as long as the Waste Barrels are not full) and creates the following Journal entry:
- Your S.U.P.E.R. Scum Scrubber scrubbed the mouse clean and found 1 Crude Pollutinum!
- The Washboard Base provides an additional 5 Luck and +5% Power Bonus for a total of 13 luck and 15% Power Bonus when armed in the Toxic Spill.
- The Rotten Charm attracts the Lab Technician Mouse.
- The Super Rotten Charm attracts the Hazmat and Lab Technician Mouse.
- The Soap Charm has an additional 10 Luck and +5000 Power when armed in the Toxic Spill.
- The Super Soap Charm has an additional 12 Luck and +8000 Power when armed in the Toxic Spill.
|Toxic Scroll Case||3
|Rancid Radioactive Blue Cheese||450
2 Radioactive Blue Cheese
1 Radioactive Sludge
|Magical Rancid Radioactive Blue Cheese||450
10 Radioactive Blue
1 Magic Essence
|Curds and Whey||12||3|
10 Scrap Metal
|Small Waste Barrel||25,000
1 Canister Ring
25 Scrap Metal
|Medium Waste Barrel||50,000
4 Canister Ring
50 Scrap Metal
1 Small Waste Barrel
|Large Waste Barrel||100,000
8 Canister Ring
100 Scrap Metal
1 Medium Waste Barrel
|Refined Pollutinum Base Blueprints||766,000||N/A|
History of Toxic Spills
|21 January 2014||Duke/Duchess|
|12 February 2014||Grand Duke/Grand Duchess|
|03 April 2014||Count/Countess|
|22 April 2014||Grand Duke/Grand Duchess|
|20 May 2014||Archduke/Archduchess|
|17 June 2014||Archduke/Archduchess|
|13 August 2014||Count/Countess|
|02 October 2014||Grand Duke/Grand Duchess|
|10 November 2014||Archduke/Archduchess|
|20 April 2015||Archduke/Archduchess|
|16 June 2015||Duke/Duchess|
|04 November 2015||Archduke/Archduchess|
|12 February 2016||Count/Countess|
|31 March 2016||Duke/Duchess|
|14 July 2016||Archduke/Archduchess|
|21 February 2017||Archduke/Archduchess|
|19 April 2017||Grand Duke/Grand Duchess|
History and Trivia
- 21 January 2014: The first Toxic Spill occurred. Hunters ranked Duke/Duchess were the first to be allowed entry.
- 4 November 2015: The King assembled a crew to clean up Toxic Spills at a much more predictable pace. As with past spills, Hunters are allowed into the Toxic Spill location based on their Rank, but each level now lasts a standard period of time.
- 12 February 2016, the standard time for each level below Count/Countess was reduced by 2-4 hours.
- 18 July 2017: The Toxic Spill was made a permanent location. The location description was also changed. The previous description read as:
- A sudden burst of pollution from the Laboratory has resulted in this hideous Toxic Spill! The Hunter's Title required to enter is dependant on the current contamination level. As hunters clean the area and lower the contamination, less experienced hunters will be permitted to enter. Hunters are not allowed in the area when there is no pollution to clean up.