- 1 Overview
- 2 Heads-Up Display
- 3 Pollution Levels
- 4 Mice
- 5 Hunting Strategy
- 6 Location-Specific Effects
- 7 Shops
- 8 History of Toxic Spills
- 9 History and Trivia
- 10 Links
Hunters can only travel freely to and from Toxic Spill if their current rank matches or exceeds the severity of the spill. Hunting inside the spill with a rank lower than the severity of the spill will result in Hunters being involuntarily moved to the Laboratory.
|Travel Requirement:||Laboratory Map Piece|
Rank required by Pollution Level
|Required Cheese:||Rancid Radioactive Blue Cheese|
|Number of Mice:||23|
|Release Date:||21 January 2014|
|Pollution spewing out of the Laboratory has resulted in this hideous Toxic Spill! The Hunter's Title required to enter is dependent on the current contamination level.|
The Toxic Spill is a location in the Burroughs region requiring a minimum rank of Hero and the Laboratory Map Piece to enter. Mice in this location may steal points, gold, or multiple pieces of cheese if not captured.
Though Hunters ranked Hero and above can enter the Toxic Spill, the ability to do so is based upon the severity of the pollution levels, ranging from Hero to Archduke/Archduchess. As the severity of the Toxic Spill falls and rises, lower ranks are permitted or denied access to the location. The available mouse population changes depending on the rank currently permitted to hunt. Refining of Crude Pollutinum into Pollutinum can be done at any time when the hunter has Crude Pollutinum in their barrel.
- WARNING: You are currently at the maximum title for this Toxic Spill, you have X hours X minutes time until you will be removed from the spill back to the Laboratory.
When a Hunter with a rank below that of the current severity of the Toxic Spill attempts to hunt while inside the spill, the Hunter is ejected from the spill and the hunt takes place in the Laboratory instead, with the following message in the Hunter's Journal:
- The pollution levels have gotten worse and are at a level more dangerous than I can handle! I have been evacuated to the Laboratory for safety!
The Heads-up Display covers several aspects of the area. In the top left is a count of the current number of hunters in the area.
Cheese and Charms
On the right side is a display showing the hunter's inventory of Rancid Radioactive Blue, Magical Rancid Radioactive Blue, Rotten Charms, Super Rotten Charms, Soap Charms, and Super Soap Charms and allows Hunters to arm or crafted each charm.
The tool-tips for each cheese and charm read as follows:
- Rancid Radioactive Blue is the best common cheese here.
- Magical Rancid Radioactive Blue attracts more of the most toxic mice.
- Rotten Charms attract mice that drop Soapy Suds.
- Super Rotten Charms attract more mice that drop Soapy Suds.
- Soap Charms give a power and luck bonus against Polluted mice. Refine +1 Crude Pollutinum per hunt with this armed!
- Super Soap Charms are the rarest, adding a strong bonus against Polluted mice. Refine +2 Crude Pollutinum per hunt with this armed!
Rank and Progress
Across the bottom of the HUD is an arrow showing whether the spill is rising or falling, the 8 Rank levels of the area, the current status of the spill determining which ranks can currently hunt in the spill and the amount of time remaining until the next spill level.
Hovering the mouse over the arrow when the spill is rising displays the following tooltip:
- Pollution levels are currently rising! Hunters with low titles may be moved to the mainland for their own safety.
Hovering the mouse over the arrow when the spill is falling displays the following tooltip:
- Pollution levels are currently falling!
Hovering the mouse over the ranks gives the length of that rank.
The amount of Crude Pollutinum the hunter has collected and the quantity of Crude Pollutinum that can be refined per successful hunt is shown in the lower right. Clicking on the green button next to it allows the Hunter to toggle between collecting and refining Crude Pollutinum.
If the Hunter hovers their mouse over the amount of Crude Pollutinum, the following tooltip is shown:
- Convert Crude Pollutinum into refined Pollutinum every hunt. Upgraded barrels and Soap charms refine it faster. While refining, you can't gather Crude Pollutinum.
- (if refining Crude Pollutinum) Currently refining X Pollutinum per hunt!
- You have refined a total of X Pollutinum.
A successful catch will create the following Journal entry:
You scrubba-lubba-dub-dubbed your barrel and refined x Crude Pollutinum into x Pollutinum!
A unsuccessful catch will create the following Journal entry:
The mouse attacked your barrel while it was open for refining. You lost x Crude Pollutinum!
Different Barrels can store and refine different amounts of Pollutinum:
|Special Item||Extra Refine|
|Default||200||1||S.U.P.E.R. Scum Scrubber||+1 Pollutinum|
|Small Barrel||210||2||Soap Charm||+1 Pollutinum|
|Medium Barrel||225||3||Super Soap Charm||+2 Pollutinum|
If the Hunter does not have a Hydro weapon armed, a message appears in the display warning:
- Only traps with Hydro power work in the Toxic Spill.
- You must arm Rancid Radioactive Blue to attract mice in this area.
|Cleanup Times and Maps by Pollution Level|
|Grand Duke/Grand Duchess||24 Hours|
Rank Requirements and Loot
Rancid Radioactive Blue Cheese will attract The Polluted mice found in the Toxic Spill according to the table below.
Magical Rancid Radioactive Blue will greatly increases the attraction rate of the Mutated Behemoth during the Archduke/ Archduchess level.
Magical Rancid Radioactive Blue will attract all but the Mutated Behemoth when used during Hero up to Grand Duke/Grand Duchess contamination levels. The more severe the pollution level, the greater the chance of attracting more powerful breeds.
Rotten Charms or Super Rotten Charms are required to attract the Lab Technician Mouse.
Super Rotten Charms are required to attract the Hazmat Mouse.
Hunters can complete the Refine Pollutinum adventure in the Toxic Spill
Hunting tips by Larry
YUCK! This Toxic Spill is disgusting! Full of sludge, goo, grime, and scrap!
The Toxic Spill has had dastardly effects on the mice here! Some have grown to massive proportion, while others have gained powerful abilities! These mice are incredibly challenging adversaries!
The severity of the spill is determined by its contamination level. High levels of contamination are where the most powerful mice reside, while lower levels are home to weaker breeds. The contamination level also determines what title a hunter requires in order to enter the area. These levels will slowly rise and fall with the production schedule of the Laboratory and the ebb and flow of the Rodentia Ocean tide. The King has decreed that once the Toxic Spill levels start to go beyond a certain point, the production must stop until the toxic levels subside back down to a level suitable for hunters of Hero rank. In order to lure the Polluted mice to your trap, you'll need a more pungent version of Radioactive Blue Cheese called Rancid Radioactive Blue Cheese. This bait can be made from Radioactive Curd and Sludge, however, the King has also dispatched a cheese vendor to the area, allowing you to purchase the bait from the Cheese Shoppe here.
In addition to Rancid Radioactive Blue Cheese, a new Magical Radioactive Blue Cheese has been drummed up by the scientists at the Laboratory. This new cheese is extremely potent and demands the attention of the Polluted mice. With this bait armed, it will allow you to attract any mouse from any tier up to Grand Duke! It may not pull the powerful Archduke mice out of hiding before levels have reached a certain toxicity, BUT they can not resist it either once they have revealed themselves! You'll also want to arm your most powerful Hydro trap! The mice here are some of the most challenging you'll find, meaning each bit of Power and every ounce of Luck will benefit you.
During your hunting endeavours, you'll likely come across a unique item called Crude Pollutinum. This gooey resource can be refined into Pollutinum: a more useful version of itself. Pollutinum can be used to craft a wide variety of useful items including, charms, bases, trap skins, and more!
Well, that's all the advice I have for you, hunter. Grab some soapy water and get to work! This place is hideous.
- The S.U.P.E.R. Scum Scrubber Trap adds 1 Crude Pollutinum upon each successful catch (as long as the Waste Barrels are not full) and creates the following Journal entry:
- Your S.U.P.E.R. Scum Scrubber scrubbed the mouse clean and found 1 Crude Pollutinum!
- The S.U.P.E.R. Scum Scrubber Trap will, while refining Crude Pollutinum at the Toxic Spill activate its super-scrubbing mode and refine an additional unit of Crude Pollutinum with each mouse a hunter catches!
- The Washboard Base provides an additional 5 Luck and +5% Power Bonus for a total of 13 luck and 15% Power Bonus when armed in the Toxic Spill.
- The Rotten Charm attracts the Lab Technician Mouse.
- The Super Rotten Charm attracts the Hazmat and Lab Technician Mouse.
- The Soap Charm has an additional 10 Luck and +5000 Power when armed in the Toxic Spill.
- The Soap Charm while refining Crude Pollutinum provides a bonus of +1 to the amount of Crude Pollutinum you can refine each hunt. This charm also prevents the loss of Crude Pollutinum during the refining process when you fail to catch a mouse.
- The Super Soap Charm has an additional 12 Luck and +8000 Power when armed in the Toxic Spill.
- The Super Soap Charm while refining Crude Pollutinum provides a bonus of +2 to the amount of Crude Pollutinum you can refine each hunt. This charm also prevents the loss of Crude Pollutinum during the refining process when you fail to catch a mouse.
|Toxic Scroll Case||3
|Rancid Radioactive Blue Cheese||450
2 Radioactive Blue Cheese
1 Radioactive Sludge
|Magical Rancid Radioactive Blue Cheese||450
10 Radioactive Blue
1 Magic Essence
|Curds and Whey||12||3|
10 Scrap Metal
|Small Waste Barrel||25,000
1 Canister Ring
25 Scrap Metal
|Medium Waste Barrel||50,000
4 Canister Ring
50 Scrap Metal
1 Small Waste Barrel
|Large Waste Barrel||100,000
8 Canister Ring
100 Scrap Metal
1 Medium Waste Barrel
|Refined Pollutinum Base Blueprints||766,000||N/A|
History of Toxic Spills
In the initial release of the Toxic Spill, the spills' severity and timing were randomised, with the severity lowering as Hunters caught mice within the spill until the spill was entirely cleaned up. Initially, lower-ranked hunters were only allowed into the spill when higher-ranked hunters have progressed enough to decrease the contamination level of the spill. An update subsequently fixed the duration of each contamination level to a regular period of time.
During each spill, Crude Pollutinum (now known as Stale Crude Pollutinum) could be looted from mice in the spill but could not be refined until the spill was entirely cleaned up. Any Stale Crude Pollutinum in a Hunter's inventory now can be converted anytime into Crude Pollutinum.
|21 January 2014||Duke/Duchess|
|12 February 2014||Grand Duke/Grand Duchess|
|03 April 2014||Count/Countess|
|22 April 2014||Grand Duke/Grand Duchess|
|20 May 2014||Archduke/Archduchess|
|17 June 2014||Archduke/Archduchess|
|13 August 2014||Count/Countess|
|02 October 2014||Grand Duke/Grand Duchess|
|10 November 2014||Archduke/Archduchess|
|20 April 2015||Archduke/Archduchess|
|16 June 2015||Duke/Duchess|
|04 November 2015||Archduke/Archduchess|
|12 February 2016||Count/Countess|
|31 March 2016||Duke/Duchess|
|14 July 2016||Archduke/Archduchess|
|21 February 2017||Archduke/Archduchess|
|19 April 2017||Grand Duke/Grand Duchess|
History and Trivia
- 21 January 2014: The first Toxic Spill occurred. Hunters ranked Duke/Duchess were the first to be allowed entry.
- 4 November 2015: The King assembled a crew to clean up Toxic Spills at a much more predictable pace. As with past spills, Hunters are allowed into the Toxic Spill location based on their Rank, but each level now lasts a standard period of time.
- 12 February 2016, the standard time for each level below Count/Countess was reduced by 2-4 hours.
- 18 July 2017: The Toxic Spill was revamped into a permanent location. The mechanism for refining Crude Pollutinum was changed. Soap Charms and Super Soap Charms were given extra location-specific effects with regards to the refining of Crude Pollutinum. Magical Rancid Radioactive Blue Cheese was introduced for usage in the Toxic Spill. The location description was also changed. The previous description read as:
- A sudden burst of pollution from the Laboratory has resulted in this hideous Toxic Spill! The Hunter's Title required to enter is dependant on the current contamination level. As hunters clean the area and lower the contamination, less experienced hunters will be permitted to enter. Hunters are not allowed in the area when there is no pollution to clean up.