Treasure Map or Wanted Poster is a set of mice the hunters are required to catch for a special reward. The difficulty, number and the location of the mice on the list depend on the type of map, and each type of map yields a different type of Treasure Chest (Bounty Reward in the case of Wanted Posters). The mice on the list may be caught in any order, with exception of the Ringleaders on the Wanted Posters which can only be caught after the other mice on the list.
By default, maps and posters are Common, but they can be upgraded to Rare with Rare Map Dust to increase the loot from the Treasure Chest. If a player upgrades the map, it affects all players following that map. Upgrading a map does not affect the difficulty of the mice on the list, only the rewards for completing the map. All maps can be upgraded.
A hunter can only follow a single Treasure Map/Wanted Poster at any given time. Hunters can choose to discard a map at any time, and can immediately open or join another.
Treasure Maps and Wanted Posters can be found under the Special tab of the inventory, but disappear once they are completed or discarded.
The hunter that opened the map/poster can add up to four other hunters to the team in the case of a treasure map, or one other hunter ("deputy") in the case of a wanted poster. When an additional hunter is added to the map hunt team, this message is displayed for the new member:
- You're now following a Treasure Map! Hunt down all the mice to find the Treasure Chest!
The new member also has this event added to their Hunter's Journal:
- Treasure Map: I have joined in on a treasure hunt! I should help catch the mice required to find the treasure chest!
- Wanted Poster: I have joined in on a Wanted Poster hunt! I should help catch the lawless mice to earn that Bounty Reward!
For every successful catch of mice listed in the Treasure Map, the hunter that caught the mouse receives a Treasure Map Clue collectible as loot. For every successful catch of mice in the Wanted Poster, a message is displayed in the Hunter's Journal instead, one of:
- I've caught a member of the gang! Only X remain until I can smoke out the ringleader!; or
- I've caught the crew and have found where the ringleader is hiding out! I should hunt him down to receive my Bounty Reward!
While on a team, the heads-up-display includes a count of how many mice remain to be caught; clicking on that link gives a pop-up that includes a thumbnail of each mouse, and which have already been caught. The treasure maps indicate which team members have caught which mice; posters don't. Viewing Larry's Loot Lexicon for Treasure Map Clues also lists the remaining mice, even for posters where no map clues are added to the inventory.
The pop-up also includes a button where any hunter on the team can click to apply Rare Map Dust (it does not have to be the person that started the map).
- Rare Treasure Maps reward everyone that helped with upgraded treasure chests containing:
- - Two times the points!
- - Two times the gold!
- - Two times the Ancient Charms!
- - More loot!
- - And twice the chance of super-rare loot!
- An upgraded map doubles the rewards for each hunter!
- It will not change the difficulty of the map, nor will it modify the mice required.
The pop-up also has a button to Discard the map for the original owner (no recovery possible), or to Leave the map for the additional hunters. If an additional hunter leaves, the mice they caught are still tracked for the remaining team members (no progress is lost). The leaving hunter has this message displayed in their Journal:
- I left the treasure hunt. I should hunt and catch a Relic Hunter to find a new Treasure Map!
It is possible to rejoin a map team as many times as desired, right up until the last mouse is caught, but a hunter must be on the team when the last required mouse is caught in order to receive the reward. When the last mouse is caught, all team members receive the following message in their Hunter's Journal:
- Treasure Maps:
- I successfully completed a XXX Treasure Map! Everyone who helped has been rewarded with one XXX Treasure Chest each!
- I should claim my Treasure Chest reward now!
- Wanted Posters:
- I successfully completed a Wanted Poster: XXX! The Marshall granted us our Bounty Reward for turning in this lawless gang of the Wild Bunch. Time to find another Wanted Poster!
- I should claim my reward now!
Clicking on the claim link allows the hunter the option of sharing the news via Facebook, and rewards a Luck Charm to the first three friends that follow that post.
Relic Hunter Treasure Maps
Relic Hunter Treasure Maps are found in Relic Hunter Scroll Cases which are dropped by the Relic Hunter Mouse. The Relic Hunter Mouse removes 1 Ancient Relic from the Hunter's inventory when dropping a scroll case. When Hunters reach X Relic Hunter Scroll Cases in their inventory, the Relic Hunter Mouse can still be encountered, but will no longer drop scroll cases or take Ancient Relics.
|Easy Treasure Map||15||Novice
|Easy Treasure Chest|
Rare Easy Treasure Chest
|Medium Treasure Map||20||Master
|Medium Treasure Chest|
Rare Medium Treasure Chest
|Hard Treasure Map||25||Knight
|Hard Treasure Chest|
Rare Hard Treasure Chest
|Elaborate Treasure Map||30||Baron/Baroness
|Elaborate Treasure Chest|
Rare Elaborate Treasure Chest
|Arduous Treasure Map||35||Duke/Duchess
|Arduous Treasure Chest|
Rare Arduous Treasure Chest
Area-Specific Treasure Maps
Event Treasure Maps
These Maps are found in event-specific Scroll Cases and cannot be completed after an event ends unless all Event Mice on the map have been captured. Maps in scroll cases found before the Season 3 map update of June 2015 cannot be cashed out if they are started and remain unfinished after the end of the event.
- 1 These maps cannot be cashed out if they have been started but remain uncompleted at the end of the event.
- 2 In 2012 and 2013 the scroll case and treasure chests were simply called Halloween Scroll Case and Halloween Treasure Chest. At the end of the Halloween 2012 event any remaining scroll cases in Hunter inventories were converted to standard Treasure Map Scroll Cases. In 2013 the Halloween Scroll Case was reintroduced. The names were changed in 2014 to 2012 Halloween Scroll Case and 2012 Halloween Treasure Chest.