thank you for editing the miss type i made on the page "king's stockade" and editing the mistakes. Can i add u in mousehunt, what's your username in mousehunt? :P
Hi Camomiletea, really appreciate the help with checking the Mouse pages for lost information and putting it back in :)
-- Grexx 08:07, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
|In recognition of the excellent contributions that Camomiletea has made to the MH Wiki.|
-- Grexx 21:39, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
Some notable contributions:
- Helping recover lost information about Mice loot drop frequency.
- Putting lots of effort into making Location Quick Reference a reality, starting from discussions on the old General Path article.
Your Newbie Help page
Hi, a quick note regarding the newbie help page. I really like what you've done with the page - it's clear a lot of thought and effort went into it, and if there's anything I can help with I'd be happy to - though clearly you're almost done. That said, I have a reservation about your mentioning the BG and Acro as recommended traps for the Mos. For players starting now, the way to gain rank quickly and explore more of the game is to reach the Dojo relatively soon after gaining GM rank. In the Dojo, of course, these traps are useless. The Bottomless Grave is useful for gathering gold in the Mos if one intends to remain there for a length of time (and even more so when the Mos was the highest area), but it itself costs a huge amount of gold for a trap useful in an area which most hunters relatively quickly "outgrow." Additionally, it cannot compete with the performance of cheaper traps in the Dojo for quickly gaining points and rank.
As for the Acro trap, I see no reason why anyone able to get it, or with it, would be spending much time on the Mos. If I'm wrong on this, let me know, of course. -- Pakaran 14:11, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for your input! What would you recommend to put in that table cell? I could be unspecidifc and say "any shadow or arcane type trap" instead. Camomiletea 17:03, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
- I think that's a good idea. Any Shadow or Arcane trap sounds great. By this rank they should be able to figure out for themselves more power = better catch = more expensive = not necessarily a good choice vs moving to next location.
- Anyways I wouldn't worry too much about the specifics. Once the majority of the information is there, everything will fall in place, since you'll be able to compare it with the previous and following location writeups, and anything out of place is more easily spotted :) -- Grexx 17:15, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
I've made some minor adjustments to some of the locations and added a brief introduction to the use of the page. Also, about the Training Grounds info, have you tried using any of the Physical traps there? To my knowledge they don't work well, so shouldn't be in the recommended trap list. -- Grexx 16:55, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you. I think this page may be ready to move out someplace. Only Catacombs left, and I'm not up to that level yet, although I could write up based one forum posts and other Wiki info... I don't think I put the physical traps under recommended - only under minimal for TG. I got ZLM right away, personally, but there is a thread in Newbie forum that says at a minimum you need to have FF. Camomiletea 17:07, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
- Oops I meant minimum trap. I'm not sure if it should be there at all, anyways I'll drop by there for a few catches to confirm. And other than that, yup it's certainly almost ready! Just doing a little tidying up before the launch :D I'll complete the Catacombs writeup since you're not familiar with the location, then we'll let you have the honor of creating the new page and announcing on the forums :) We'll stick to the name Location Quick Reference as per our discussion on the general path talk page. -- Grexx 17:15, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
- Oh my, it does appear that Physical traps can work decently in the Training Grounds. I just missed an Archer Mouse using the DDB/Exp without a less effective message. I'll be staying there for a while more to confirm the rest of the mice. While not necessarily ideal, it does fit the criteria of minimum trap. Looks like the effectiveness page needs an additional line about this too. -- Grexx 17:38, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
- I was just wondering if we should include a "Next Destination" line about where to go next. -- Grexx 18:29, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
- Ok done with the touch-up and gave everything the twice over. Once you find everything else is in order, go ahead and put it up :) -- Grexx 19:02, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
Your Mouse Gallery
Hey, I see that you're working on a Mouse Gallery - which is awesome. I was working on one too, I called it my MouseViewer but I haven't really been able to keep it up to date with all the new mice. Though, I would like to give you the link so that you can feel free to use any of the images and information I've collected on it. http://gtaero.net/files/code/mousehunt/.
--Navarr 19:51, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks! Actually, my gallery is more limited - I would like to update it with mice I personally caught, rather than all mice ever caught. I really like your Mouse viewer, it's very cool. Camomiletea 19:55, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
Hi... thanks for the tip. It took a while, but I had finally come across a reference to using the correct link. I wasn't using the MH toolbar though - I was just using the Wiki link at the bottom of every MH page. It was rather annoying, as I had added a new entry (Hitgrab Horsey) but because it took an hour to figure out why I wasn't able to commit my changes, someone else had already gone in and scooped me. sigh.
Also, just had the same problem even trying to add this comment in here! grr! :)
Points and gold numbers
Just curious, how are you getting all the point and gold numbers so fast? Are you checking the profiles of the people who've got in by hand? -- Pakaran 22:40, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, I check them in people's profiles. I hope I'll be in Whisker Woods soon! -- Camomiletea 22:43, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
- Me too! May not be all that soon, though, since I'm using wc/exp/acro for staling. May end up switching to swiss and target base or something soon... -- Pakaran 22:46, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
Request for input
Shelder Mouse should be Shelder Turtle Mouse
Please check Here
- I tend to believe the evidence of my eyes within the game itself. Here it's called "Shelder Mouse", and here when someone caught it:
5:36pm Aaron Gathright sounded the Hunter's Horn. I was successful in my hunt! I caught a 3 oz. Shelder mouse from the S.S. Huntington II worth 2,598 points and 303 gold.
My weapon was very effective against this mouse.
-- Camomiletea 23:47, 4 June 2009 (UTC)
- My mistake, sorry. Pus 00:00, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
Response of sorting idea
"Nth most powerful" (type) traps
Hey, we have a lot of weapon articles that list the relevant weapon as being the nth most powerful (either of its type or overall). When new traps are released (like now), those tend to lag getting updated (the chromebot was listed as 5th most powerful, when it's actually 9th, behind all new traps but the mutant - I removed the note about overall "rank" from its article).
There are also issues with power bonus - the Ambush, for example, I believe ranks behind the PartyBot and ChromeBot with every single base, even though its power is above theirs. The Ambush in particular is no longer listed as "nth highest" anything... but the issue will come up with other traps. I just think we need to standardize how we make those sorts of remarks (perhaps only doing so for the top "few" in a power type, or only when it's relevant), and also make sure not to mislead people (while being objective too - we can't say things like "BG sucks" even if we feel that way). Just some thoughts... which I'm putting here since you're the most active editor at present. -- Pakaran 20:35, 25 July 2009 (UTC)
- I agree; I think that [perhaps only doing so for the top "few" in a power type, or only when it's relevant] was the original intent too, so if a trap is like 5th on the list, it's probably no longer significant enough for a note. If you would like to update the trap articles, please feel free to :) Thanks! -- Camomiletea 20:45, 25 July 2009 (UTC)