Difference between revisions of "Whisker Woods Rift"
(→Whisker Woods Mice: mbw loot)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''the , the ! the is the Rift. ''
Revision as of 04:27, 21 May 2016
If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound? Yes, It sounds like the angry yelling of crowded mice! Bursting forth from the surrounding area is the entrance of a new Rift. Can you head deep into the angered overgrowth of the Whisker Woods Rift and calm it down?
Description and Requirements
The main gameplay for this area consists in generating Rage levels among the mice, to attract better mice. There are three factions of mice in the area: Crazed Clearing, Gigantic Gnarled Tree, and Deep Lagoon. Each faction has 8 mice: three that are attracted when the rage level for their faction is between 0 and 24 (each catch raises the rage level by 1), another three attracted for rage levels of 25 through 49 (each catch raises the rage level by 2, unless it would go past 50), a mini-boss that is only attracted when the rage has reached 50, and a mouse that is attracted only when the correct charm is armed, regardless of current rage level (raises the rage level by up to 6, unless it would go past 50). Catching a mouse leaves a message in the Hunter's Journal:
- The rage in the XXX increased by X!
Hitting 25 rage in any faction leaves this message:
- My continued presence has angered the mice of the XXX!
- More dangerous mice have descended from the branches above!
Hitting 50 rage leaves a message specific to the faction, such as:
- The Tri-dra Mouse emerges from the surface of the lagoon, snapping at me in fury!
- I must catch this mouse in order to calm all the mice in the Whisker Woods Rift.
- Catching the Gilded Leaf Mouse enraged all mice!
- The mice of all three areas were enraged by 2!
If a faction-specific charm is used, the increase in rage will go to the charm's faction rather than the faction of the caught mouse, altering the message as follows:
- "My XXX Charm funneled the rage of this mouse into the XXX, increasing the rage by X!
The faction-specific charms can be crafted with loot dropped by any of the mice (although the loot is more common with the harder mice); the loot and charms can also be traded at the Marketplace. When catching a mini-boss or Monstrous Black Widow, the rage levels of all three factions are reset to 0, unless a Taunting Charm was consumed to keep the rage levels high; this message is left in the journal:
- I defeated the XXX Mouse!
- Intimidated by his defeat, the other mice shrink back into hiding.
Each mini-boss drops a crafting ingredient required for Lactrodectus Lancashire cheese. Trying to use this cheese before all factions are enraged gives a message warning that the cheese is not effective:
- The Rift seems too peaceful to attract the attention of the Monstrous Black Widow Mouse! Until all the areas are crying out in fury, I should save my Lactrodectus Lancashire Cheese!
Once all three factions are enraged to at least 25, use of this cheese makes it possible to attract the final mouse, the Monstrous Black Widow, although the chances for attracting her are higher when the rage levels of each faction are high. Catching her guarantees a Widow's Web loot, used in purchasing the Fracture and Fissure bases, as well as for crafting a Taunting Charm; she is also more likely to leave better loot like Rift Ultimate Luck Charm, Rift Ultimate Power Charm, and Plankrun's Whisker Woods Rift Notes if a hunter got all the way to 50 rage in each faction before hunting her. Catching her leaves this message:
- I defeated the Monstrous Black Widow Mouse! A hush falls over the Whisker Woods Rift as the mice cower in awe at your astonishing accomplishment...
The Heads-Up Display shows the current rage level of each faction (blue for 0-24, yellow for 25-49, red for 50), along with a graphic of the mice attracted from the faction at that level; hovering over the rage meter shows the current count of cheese ingredients obtained from that faction's mini-boss. Below the rage meter is a display of the current quantity of faction charms, with a button to arm the charm. Hovering over the charm shows the recipe for crafting the charm, with a count of inventory obtained towards that purpose, and with a button to perform the crafting.
|Faction||0-24 rage||25-49 rage||Charm-specific
|Crazed Clearing||Mossy Moosker
Red-Eyed Watcher Owl
|Cherry Sprite||Cyclops Barbarian||Rift Cherries||Cherry Charm||Tasty Spider Mould|
|Gigantic Gnarled Tree||Spirit of Balance
|Red Coat Bear
|Naturalist||Centaur Ranger||Rift-torn Roots||Gnarled Charm||Creamy Gnarled Sap|
|Deep Lagoon||Twisted Treant
|Grizzled Silth||Tri-dra||Sap-filled Thorns||Stagnant Charm||Crumbly Rift Salts|
These are the shops that can be found in the Whisker Woods Rift:
Whisker Woods Mice
The Rage level in a mouse's home Faction determines it's availability. Faction mice are unaffected by Rage levels in the competing Factions. Mice can also drop Calcified Rift Mist if a Rift Vacuum Charm or a Super Rift Vacuum Charm are armed, but that is not shown in the table.
- 1 The Cherry Sprite only appears when Cherry Charms are armed.
- 2 The Gilded Leaf is available only when Magical String Cheese is armed.
- 3 The Gilded Leaf mouse contributes 2 Rage to each Faction unless a charm is used to channel Rage to a specific Faction, which causes 6 Rage to be contributed to the targeted Faction.
- 4 The Grizzled Silth only appears when Stagnant Charms are armed.
- 5 The Monstrous Black Widow is only attracted to Lactrodectus Lancashire Cheese.
- 6 The Monstrous Black Widow is only available when the Rage for all three Factions is at 25 or above.
- 7 The Naturalist only appears when Gnarled Charms are armed.
Hunting tips by Larry
Just listen to all that noise!
Three distinct groups of mice live in this area, and they're always arguing amongst themselves! Amidst the madness, the Monstrous Black Widow Mouse makes this her home, so if you want to catch her, you'll have to brave the shouting and get sucked in!
As you catch mice from a group in this area, it will enrage mice from that group more and more. As the rage in each group rises, some mice will squeak "I'm telling!" and run to go get larger mice from their group to stand in for them!
The only way to stop this madness is to push a group to the limit, drawing out their biggest, baddest challenger.
Defeat this raging monster, and all of the awestruck mice in the area will run away in fear, forgetting their rage for a while...
You'll also be rewarded with valuable crafting ingredients for your efforts. Keep them safe! You'll need them to lure out the elusive Monstrous Black Widow Mouse!
Sound tricky? It is! Here's a tip: Visit your Crafting Recipe Book and you'll find formulas useful in figuring out which buttons to push. When you have the right cheese and all the mice are angry, she is bound to show up!
Hunt well and hunt bravely! The mice might look really scary, and they really are, but don't be afraid! The worst you can do is get them angry and riled up, right?
History and Trivia
- The Whisker Woods Rift was released on 28 January 2015.