Difference between revisions of "Zugzwang's Tower"
(Added Rook Crumble charm)
(→Traps: effects of ZT traps were incorrect or incomplete)
|Line 168:||Line 168:|
* The [[Mystic Pawn Pincher]] increases attraction of [[Mystic Pawn]] mice and
* The [[Mystic Pawn Pincher]] increases attraction of [[Mystic Pawn]] mice and attraction of [[Technic Pawn]] mice.
* The [[Technic Pawn Pincher]] increases attraction of [[Technic Pawn]] mice and
* The [[Technic Pawn Pincher]] increases attraction of [[Technic Pawn]] mice and attraction of [[Mystic Pawn]] mice.
* The [[Blackstone Pass Trap]]
* The [[Blackstone Pass Trap]] [[Mystic]] mice and [[Technic]] mice.
* The [[Obvious Ambush Trap]]
* The [[Obvious Ambush Trap]] [[Technic]] mice and [[Mystic]] mice.
== Links ==
== Links ==
Revision as of 15:48, 26 July 2015
An ordered chaos consumes the enchanted tower as the technological chess mice do battle with their mystical counterparts, all under the auspices of a dark game master who hides in the shadows. Conquer both Kings to find what lurks beyond the chess board, but beware: this is a place of powerful magics, where things are not always what they seem.
Description and Requirements
Checkmate! I defeated a Technic King Mouse! I was transported to the Seasonal Garden. <br\> OR <br\> Checkmate! I defeated a Mystic King Mouse! I was transported to the Seasonal Garden.
Upon catching a Chess Master, the hunter is automatically transported back to the Seasonal Garden with the following message:<br\> Checkmate! I defeated a Chess Master! I was transported to the Seasonal Garden.
Upon exiting Zugzwang's Tower, by traveling or catching a King or Chess Master, the Tower Progress will reset as well as the Tower Amplifier. Reaching 0% on the Tower Amplifier does not transport the hunter out of the tower, but at that point, it is impossible to catch any further mice without traveling elsewhere.
Zugzwang's Tower Mice
Hunters are advised to use their strongest Tactical setup. Upon entering the location, hunters will only be able to attract two breeds of mice, the Mystic Pawn Mouse and the Technic Pawn Mouse; the Pawn Pincher weapons are recommended for this stage as they will allow the hunter to focus on catching Pawns from one 'team' rather than both. The Mystic Pawn Pincher and Technic Pawn Pincher are sold in the Seasonal Garden trapsmith, so in order to use one for the current amplifier charge, it must be purchased before traveling to the Zugzwang Tower. Hunters will need to catch 8 Pawns, then 2 Knights, then 2 Bishops, followed by 2 Rooks and a Queen; all from the same 'team'. Only then will that team's King be 'unlocked' and available to attract.<br\> Catching either the Mystic King Mouse or the Technic King Mouse will cause the hunter to be immediately transported to the Seasonal Garden, unless they were using Checkmate cheese, in which case the hunter will then be able to attract the elusive Chess Master if they continue using Checkmate cheese.
A 'Double Run' is when a hunter aims to catch the King from both teams. This can be achieved by first completing one team, and using Checkmate cheese to catch the first King to remain in the Tower, then arming standard cheese to attract the pieces from the second team. Upon 'unlocking' the second King, the hunter will need to decide if they wish to arm Checkmate cheese, to be able to continue hunting the Chess Master, or standard cheese to be transported to the Seasonal Garden. It is also possible to complete a double run by catching mice from both teams concurrently, this strategy is harder to succeed with because the hunter will be attempting to catch the powerful pieces (Rooks and Queens), and the final Kings from both teams when the Tower Amplifier will be significantly depleted.
Hunters may use any cheese in this location, but each time a bait fails to attract a mouse, the Tower Amplifier is reduced by 3%, so many hunters prefer to use SUPER|brie+ due to the low attraction rate of Brie or Gouda.<br\>
In order to be able to encounter the Chess Master, a hunter must use Checkmate cheese when hunting a King in order to remain in the Tower.
Checkmate cheese can also be used before hunting a King. This bait will increase a hunter's chance of attracting the most powerful mice they're able to attract. For instance, if a hunter needs to catch a Rook in order to unlock the Queen, the hunter may decide to use Checkmate cheese to increase the odds of encountering a Rook.
Hunting Tips by Larry
I hope you've got your Tower Amplifier charged, because the mice of Zugzwang's Tower are going to put up a fight unlike any other.
Long ago, the Tower mice became enchanted chess pieces in a game that never ends. The two teams, Technic and Mystic, use a clear strategy when attacking, much like real chess pieces. Catching eight Pawns releases the Knights. Catching two Knights releases the Bishops. Catching two Bishops releases the Rooks. Catching two Rooks releases the Queen, and catching one Queen releases the King.
Did you get all that? Don't worry if you didn't-- when you enter the tower, your Tower Amplifier also comes equipped with a progress bar to let you know how close you are to the King!
Each time you catch a mouse, or fail to attract, your Tower Amplifier's charge decreases. Make sure you don't leave the Tower before you catch a King, or drain your Amplifier. If you do, your progress, and your Amplifier will be set back to zero.
If your strategy is sound, and you capture the King, your progress will be reset and you will be whisked away to the Seasonal Garden. If however, you catch a King using the rare Checkmate Cheese then you shall remain in the tower and a greater adversary will await your challenge.
Everytime you hunt in the tower, your amplifier will go down making your trap less powerful.
Leaving the tower will reset it to zero!
These are the Technic mice you have caught since entering the tower.
The mice must be caught in this order: Pawn, Knight, Bishop, Rook, Queen, King.
These are the Mystic mice you have caught thus far.
Capturing either a Technic or Mystic King resets your progress and moves you back to the Seasonal Garden.
Watch your amplifier! As it drops, so will your trap power.
Good luck, and be sure to shout Checkmate when you capture a King!
- The Uncharged Scholar Charm must be charged by catching a Chess Master Mouse in Zugzwang's Tower. Doing so results in a Scholar Charm which can be used to attract Zurreal the Eternal in the Crystal Library.
- The Rook Crumble Charm provides a 300% power bonus against Mystic Rook and Technic Rook mice.
- The Mystic Pawn Pincher increases attraction of Mystic Pawn mice and decreases attraction of Technic Pawn mice. The Mystic Pawn Pincher also has increased effectiveness against Mystic Pawn mice and decreased effectiveness against Technic Pawn mice.
- The Technic Pawn Pincher increases attraction of Technic Pawn mice and decreases attraction of Mystic Pawn mice. The Technic Pawn Pincher also has increased effectiveness against Technic Pawn mice and decreased effectiveness against Mystic Pawn mice.
- The Blackstone Pass Trap has increased effectiveness against Mystic mice and decreased effectiveness against Technic mice.
- The Obvious Ambush Trap has increased effectiveness against Technic mice and decreased effectiveness against Mystic mice.
- Trap Setup Options for Zugzwang's Tower
- Banner image
- Flowchart of Seasonal Garden and Zugzwang's Tower