Ancient Box Trap
|Ancient Box Trap|
|Power Type: Forgotten|
|Weapon Statistics||Weapon Info|
|Power Bonus:||10%||Cost:||158,175+ gold|
|Attraction Bonus:||0%||Limited Edition:||No|
|Cheese Effect:||No Effect||Smashable:||No|
|Larry's Loot Lexicon:||MouseHunt Info Page||Image:||External Link|
|The ancient ghost mice which roamed Gnawnia before even the castle existed require an old-fashioned trap strategy, and the Ancient Box Trap is about as old-fashioned as they come. A heavy stone box teeters precariously upon an Ancient Relic Staff, waiting for a mouse to pull the Ethereal Rope and cause the box to slam shut and magically fuse with the base. This may seem like a deceptively simple trap set-up, but ancient mice enjoy the classics.|
The Ancient Box Trap is not sold by any Trapsmith. It can only be crafted using the proper components.
|Formula: Ancient Box Trap|
|Recipe can be unlocked by:|| Catch any of the following:|
Fetid Swamp Mouse
Magma Carrier Mouse
Stonework Warrior Mouse
|Ancient Box Trap Blueprints||1||158,175||
|Ancient Relic Staff||1||N/A|
|Encrusted Metal of Time||1||N/A|
|Engraved Solid Stone Slab||1||N/A|
|Hinge of Eternity||1||N/A|
|Timeless Mystic Gem||1||N/A|
If you attempt to craft this weapon with fewer than 17,000,000 points, the following message is displayed:
- Unable to craft item.
- You are attempting to craft a trap component that you do not meet the points requirement for.
- You require 13,500,000 points to craft this component.
History and Trivia
- 2 September 2009: Before this date, a minimum of 19,000,000 points was required to craft the Ancient Box Trap. The point requirement was lowered to make the trap accessible to most hunters with the title of Knight.
- 8 June 2010: Prior the release of MouseHunt version 3.0, the description was:
- "A trap design that has long withstood the test of time. The parts of this trap emit a powerful glow capable of mesmerizing power-hungry, greedy mice. The heavy stone box teeters precariously upon the Ancient Relic Staff awaiting a mouse to pull the Ethereal Rope and cause the box to slam shut and magically fuse with the base. It is only this simple, long-forgotten trap that is capable of defeating the powerful Acolyte mouse."== History and Trivia ==
- 29 July, 2015: The point requirement for the Ancient Box Trap was lowered from 17,000,000 to 13,500,000.