(Redirected from Attraction)
- "Attraction" redirects here. For other uses, see Attraction (disambiguation).
The attraction bonus boosts the attraction power of the bait being used decreasing the odds of failure to attract a mouse.
An Attraction Bonus on certain bases, weapons, and charms grants a hunter's trap a better probability of attracting mice. The attraction bonus serves as a modifier boosting the base Attraction Rate of the current baited cheese. The higher the bonus, the more likely a mouse will be attracted.
Note that a 10% Attraction Bonus reduces the odds of failure to attract a mouse by 10%. It does not increase the attraction rate by 10%. See comment by dev.
A numerical example to illustrate this:
- Assume for instance that the base Attraction Rate granted by the cheese is 60%.
- If there is an Attraction Bonus of 20%, the overall Attraction Rate is boosted to 68% and not 80%.
- 68% is obtained through the addition of two things:
- 1) The base Attraction Rate, which is 60%
- 2) The product of the remaining available attraction (in this case, 100% - 60% = 40%) and the Attraction Bonus (20%), which is 40% x 20% = 8%
- Hence, 60% + 8% = 68%
- Attraction Rate – How often a mouse is attracted.
- Power Bonus – Another important trap attribute.