Hmm I do recall this being discussed someplace, but here should be a more suitable spot. The gameplay category seems to me, to be quite redundant. Everything on the wiki is related to the game, so unless we have a clearer definition of what belongs under the gameplay category, I think it might be a good idea to do away with it. -- Grexx 03:54, 18 March 2010 (UTC)
- I agree - doesn't seem to provide value -- Ralphminer 11:21, 18 March 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe this should be the root category? I think this category would be better then Category:Browse --Nux 22:07, 18 March 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with deleting this. --Dreamwalker 01:22, 31 March 2010 (UTC)
- I think the Categories as a whole need some looking over. Category:Browse seems to be useful, but the naming is too ambiguous to serve a useful purpose. This is going to require some thinking over. My thoughts is that Categories as a whole should be modelled after Site Maps. It currently serves as a partial site map, but the hierarchy is unclear due to numerous reasons, and so can't be properly utilized. Getting the hierarchy cleaned up will aid in overall page design greatly. Some useful reading on site maps is available here and here.
- I won't be able to follow up on this for the next 2 months at least, and my guess is it'll still be outstanding then, though it would be great if someone does get started on it :) If someone does get started, I'll try to drop by now and then to offer some help. In the meantime, I'm moving this topic over to the talk page on the Editor's Corner. A quick appraisal would be that this is quite a large project since it involves thinking over the logical layout of the wiki, which is in a bit of a mess right now. There is no clear top-level category and some odd categorization here and there, and some more unnecessary double categorizations and so on, which can be fixed only with a clear hierarchy. This would require a category by category look through to see where in the hierarchy each category belongs.
- Please continue further discussion on categories at MHWiki talk:Editor's Corner#Organization of Categories -- Grexx 17:15, 6 April 2010 (UTC)