(Redirected from Hope)
|Mouse Group: Event Mice (Misc)|
|Location & Attraction Info|
|Required Power Types:||All types except Parental||Other Requirements:||None|
|Larry's Loot Lexicon:||MouseHunt Info Page||Image:||Image Link|
|The Hope Mouse is altruistic by nature, wanting only to help others, be they human or mouse. The King has been so touched by the selflessness of these mice that he has sent out a decree. If any hunter should catch a Hope Mouse, dust him off and send him on his way, as he's likely off to do some good in the world.|
|Mouse ID#: 100|
The Developers have confirmed that the Hope Mouse has no specific preference for any kind of cheese.
Though the Hope Mouse is an Event mouse, it is available throughout the year in the Training Grounds area.
History and Trivia
- Hope mice were first released on 14 January 2010 as the developers' response to the earthquake in Haiti.
- Original description included additional two paragraphs that were later removed:
- Events unfolding in Haiti have sprung this mouse into action. We will be donating five cents to the Mission of Hope in Haiti for the first 200,000 of these mice caught. By sounding your horn you will help us reach our goal of raising $10,000.
- We greatly encourage all MouseHunters to find a charity they are comfortable with and get involved.
- When it was released, it could be found in various locations throughout the kingdom (Bazaar, Calm Clearing, Cape Clawed, Dojo, Great Gnarled Tree, Harbour, Laboratory, Meadow, Mountain, S.S. Huntington II, Town of Digby, and Training Grounds), but was later confined to just Training Grounds.
- Between 26 August and 21 September 2010, the Hope Mouse was released in various locations again, in response to the flooding in Pakistan. Its description has been changed, with the following paragraph added:
- Recent events in Pakistan have sprung this mouse into action! Many organizations, such as the Red Cross and World Vision, are currently helping out. Please consider giving them your support.
- During that time the Hope Mouse could be found in the Bazaar, the Calm Clearing, Cape Clawed, the Dojo, the Great Gnarled Tree, the Laboratory, the Town of Gnawnia, the Training Grounds, and the S.S. Huntington II.
- Hope mice sprang back into action on 19 January 2011, in response to flooding in several countries; the following paragraph was added to its description:
- Recent flooding in Australia, Brazil, Philippines and Sri Lanka have sprung this mouse into action! Many organizations, such as the Queensland Government, are currently helping out. Please consider giving them your support.
- On 11 March 2011, the following sentence was added to its description in response to an earthquake and tsunami in Japan and the coastal areas across the Pacific basin:
- Recent natural disasters occurring in Japan and other parts of the world have sprung this mouse into action!
- During that time the Hope Mouse could be found in a variety of locations including Windmill, Town of Gnawnia, Mountain, Calm Clearing, Training Grounds, Dojo, Town of Digby, S.S. Huntington II and Cape Clawed.
- On 13 November 2013, after Typhoon Yolanda hit the Philippines, a note was temporarily added:
- Join the discussionto see how you can help out too!""