Talk:Trap Setup Options for the Training Grounds
What defines "very effective" and "less effective" when comparing traps of different power types? Is it a percentage gain in power, halving? Doubling? Something more specific would be nice.
- See the Wiki page on Effectiveness. http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?xid=mousehunt_strategy&app_id=10337532241&c_url=http%253A%252F%252Fapps.facebook.com%252Fmousehunt%252Fboards.php&r_url=http%253A%252F%252Fapps.facebook.com%252Fmousehunt%252Fboards.php&sig=0936ad0f294126dec6eedd6539607b9b&topic=31998#topic_top indicates that the power multiplier may be as much as a factor of eight. -- Ralphminer 03:08, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. I have asked for clarification on this random value of '8'. -- Austin 15:00 GMT+9.5 26 May 2009
Tactical versus Physical
This is the area that most GrandMasters need their first Tactical Trap. Using the most powerful Physical Trap in this area (Digby Drill Bot) is an option for some, despite the increased run offs from Tactical Mice.
The table showing what trap is best for the various scenarios is valuable for those wanting to know advice, but doesn't indicate how those values came to be.
- This is based on the Catch Rate Estimate tool http://mousehunt.thetoxiczone.com/catch_rates_estimates.html with the Lucky Golden Shield Inactive -- Ralphminer 03:08, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- The Blue prints are droped from Tactical mice - so if you are using a physical trap - you will be better off with luck. -- Ralphminer 03:08, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
How much benefit does a trap with "very effective" add to a catch?
ie: to catch a given physical mouse more than 70% of the time, you need a trap with power "X". When catching an equivalent tactical mouse, does it become X/2, X/4 ? Similarly for the very effective bonus - is that X*2? X*4?
At some point, a minimalistic tactical trap will be worse than a high end physical trap. Where is this cross over? Some new hunters entering this area would like to know where to invest their hard saved gold, and whether the 400,000+ gold just spent on a Digby Drill Bot was a waste of gold.
- The purpose of this Trap Setup Option pages is to provide a side by side comparrison of the various ways different hunters may choose to play the game. It goes beyond the scope of these articles to determine the optimal walkthough or to determine if hunters will get their return on investment on particular traps. -- Ralphminer 03:08, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- I understand that ROI is not within the scope of these pages, but it's a question on some hunters minds. "Is this trap worth it?" ie: The Bottomless Grave versus the lower Shadow Traps, and a high power Physical trap in areas that other power types dominate. Some details to quantify the effectiveness for the 'less' and 'very' for new hunters may be a good thing. --Austin 15:29 GMT+9.5 26 May 2009
Mutated Venus Mouse Trap
Should not the Mutated Venus Mouse Trap be added to possible trap combinations in the table? I would do it myself, but I am not sure how to calculate rankings for getting items. --Zarremgregarrok 10:55 (GMT+2) 8 August 2009
- You make a good point - I will add the Mutated Venus Mouse Trap to this table. Ralphminer 12:18, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
- May I suggest another addition? One of the better trap setups is Mutated Venus Mouse Trap with Dehydration Base. Even better GPH and GPC then Mutated and Explosive. --Zarremgregarrok 18:30 (GMT+2) 31 August 2009