Direct donations for SUPER|brie+ can be made via the MouseHunt donation page. For hunters spending real money, the per-piece cost using the options on the Donation page is far better than that on the Offers page (see the Sponsored offers section below).
Lucky Golden Shield
For most donations, hunters are also rewarded with a Lucky Golden Shield bonus that adds +7 Luck to their trap combination for a period of time. The duration, as well as the amount of SUPER|brie+ received for each donation, is shown below (all prices in U.S. dollars). A golden shield replaces the standard silver MouseHunt logo in the top-left of the game. A faded golden shield will also appear on the Hunter's Profile page, indicating that the additional luck benefit is active.
|Donation Amount||SUPER|Brie+ received||SUPER|Brie+ per dollar||Shield Duration|
|$1.00||15 pieces||15 pieces||1 Month|
|$3.00||75 pieces||25 pieces||1 Month|
|$7.50||325 pieces||43.33 pieces||1 Month|
|$10.00||500 pieces||50 pieces||1 Month|
|$25.00||1,600 pieces||64 pieces||2 Months|
|$50.00||3,500 pieces||70 pieces||4 Months|
|15 pieces||1 Month|
|$3.00||SB+ Gift Basket
|25 pieces||1 Month|
|30 pieces||1 Month|
|40 pieces||1 Month|
|20 pieces||1 Month|
|$10.00||Muridae Mega Kit
|40 pieces||1 Month|
|$1.00||Shrink Ray Trap||None||None|
|$3.00||Grungy DeathBot Skin||None||None|
|$3.00||Fluffy DeathBot Skin||None||None|
NOTE: Bonus time is not cumulative. Starting from the time of donation, the golden shield will be active for a period of time as detailed above or for the amount of time remaining prior to the donation, whichever is longer. (In other words, two consecutive donations of $1.00 will not yield two months' use of the golden shield.)
The remaining shield duration can be seen at the Traps Inventory page.
The SB+ Gift Basket will be added to the inventory of the person who donated, and has to be sent to the person that they wish to give it to. The Lucky Golden Shield will be applied to the recipient of the gift basket.
There are many payment methods available, including PayPal, Cherry Credits, SocialGold and Facebook Credits via Pay Now. The following methods also used to exist, but are non-existent at this time: Boku and Rixty
All these items are added to the donator's inventory. The Baskets can be sent to friends via the Give To Friends function.
SUPER|brie+ can also be obtained by completing a sponsored offer or by purchasing it with real money through the sponsored offers page. Players who successfully complete an offer will receive a Lucky Golden Shield for 1 month.
Sponsored offers may nominally be free or may require the purchase of goods or services. Offers range from completing surveys to applying for credit cards to purchasing subscriptions and more. All such offers, of course, come at a price regardless of whether they are "free" or not.
Increased commercial email
- Hunters completing sponsored offers, particularly the "free" offers, are almost always required to submit personal information including name, address, phone and email address, often along with other demographic information, to complete the offer. Doing so subjects the hunter to an immediate increase in commercial email and almost certainly results in the user's email address being given, traded or sold to countless direct marketing (i.e. "spam") companies. This is noted within the offer terms, but many users fail to read and/or understand the "fine print".
- At the very least, hunters may be well advised to create a separate email address to be used for such offers and to never use their day-to-day address for such offers as the amount of additional email generated is significant, to say the least.
- Hunters completing sponsored offers can expect to spend anywhere from 10 minutes to half an hour or more completing the terms of a single "free" offer in return for half a dozen to a few dozen SUPER|brie+. Generally speaking the more time an offer takes or the more personal information is required, the greater the reward. Hunters can do their own cost/benefit analysis to decide if it is worth spending time on a survey and irreversibly revealing personal information to marketing companies instead of making an actual cash donation.
Per-piece cost and other considerations
- Hunters should also be aware that real-money purchases made through the links on the sponsored offers page have a considerably higher per-piece cost compared with using the direct donation options described in the Donations section above. In addition, it is likely that far less of the money spent in this manner reaches the MouseHunt developers, which in turn means less money for game development, prizes, promotions, and so on. For these reasons, hunters are advised against using these purchase options unless absolutely necessary.
Having said all of this, the "free" sponsored offers provide an opportunity to get SUPER|brie+ with no out-of-pocket expense and may be a useful alternative for hunters who know what they're getting into.
At present, hunters can complete sponsored offers via Offerwall or Offerpal Media.
- Birthday Gift Basket
- Clockapult of Winter Past Skin
- Cornucopia Basket
- Festive Gift Basket
- Fluffy DeathBot Skin
- Grungy DeathBot Skin
- Icy RhinoBot Skin
- Jumbo Festive Gift Basket
- Halloween SUPER|brie+ Gift Basket
- Heart of the Rabbit Gift Basket
- Massive Festive Gift Basket
- SB+ Gift Basket
- Spring Gift Basket
- Wishing Well Basket