Need refund amounts for the Cape Clawed General Store. They refund amounts are actually clearly shown in the General Store tab now, so it's just a matter of dropping by there and filling in the information. I'd do it myself, but won't be back there so soon. Appreciate any help :) -- Grexx 11:40, 12 September 2009 (UTC)
- Verified sale and refund prices of all cheese, trapsmiths, and GS today, except for Seasonal Garden (since I can't get there yet). ericb 13:03, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
There's been an update of stuff in the General Store here. I can't get to the area myself, so if anyone could update it, that would be great :) -- shaun1e 21:23, 26 August 2010 (UTC)
The three shop pages are inconsistent in their layout. Cheese Shoppe arranges shops alphabetically, and lists prices in the same order as the game (cheapest first). Trapsmith arranges shops in the order that they are likely to be first encountered, and lists prices in the same order as the game. General Store arranges shops in the order that their containing region occurs (Bazaar is listed before Training Grounds even they are encountered in the opposite order), and lists prices alphabetically by item name instead of following game order.
Personally, I like the Trapsmith layout best. Any objections to re-arranging all three pages to have a consistent style? Anyone want to argue for which one of the pages should be the master style for the other two to copy? ericb 13:03, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
- I would argue for the General Store layout.
- Sorting locations: Alphabetical order as on Cheese Shop is too confusing now with so many locations; at least I feel it's confusing. There are all sorts of forks in the paths now, and you can't really say which location is likely to be encountered first by someone, since they can skip locations for a time, and then go back (i.e. the Trapsmith order). However, the regions have a certain order that every player should be familiar with from the Travel page.
- Sorting items/prices: I also think the items should be in alphabetical order by item, rather than by price. I know it's different from the in-game layout, but that just makes more sense if you are looking for a particular ingredient to buy. Alphabetical generally makes it easier to find. For most I would guess that price is a secondary concern. -- camomiletea 14:48, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
- I agree that sorting by logical order encountered is challenging. I like arranging them by region in the order that regions show up in travel. That gives a rough order that shops will be encountered. Since most shops don't have that many items, I would argue that the Wiki should match the order of the in game location. No strong preference. --Ralphminer 20:37, 15 September 2010 (UTC)