Have something to say?
I've been trying to do it every time I see it, and I'm a little boggled by your reasons for not doing it. I understand there are more examples of it not being italicized around the wiki, but is that really a relevant excuse for reverting italicized ones? Shouldn't technical correctness be something we're generally aiming for? Revengeance 08:58, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- I think there needs to be a balance between technical correctness, consistency, and maintainability. If you really think that you can italicize every occurrence on the wiki AND convince all future editors to do the same, go for it. I'm all for correctness in most cases, but in a situation such as this where it will be virtually impossible to keep up with and where the result will be a mishmash of italics and standard text, I think common sense wins out. Not a single player who comes here looking for info is going to be confused or offended by seeing MouseHunt without italics, but I know without a hint of doubt how it will be perceived when they see it varying from page to page and even paragraph to paragraph. If you're going to do it, it simply cannot be on an "every time I see it" basis -- you're going to need to commit to quickly and thoroughly scouring the wiki in one fell swoop so that everyone else's hard work doesn't get turned into an inconsistent mess AND you're going to have to commit to regularly patrolling the Recent changes page to ensure that all future edits maintain the italics. IMHO, of course. Beyond my opinion, there's also precedence set by other game-based wikis. (Wikipedia is not included among these -- there's a big difference not only in purpose between Wikipedia and sites like this but also in sheer userbase numbers. It's a lot easier to maintain consistency on a single topic page rather than an entire site, and it's a lot easier with hundreds or thousands of editors watching that single page than with a tiny handful of editors actively working on an entire site like this.) Here are some other game wikis I found via Google that do not italicize: Urban Dead ... Call of Duty ... EverQuest 2 ... Fable ... and so on. These are simply the first few I stumbled upon, not a hand-selected bunch, and not one of these wikis italicizes the game name beyond the main page, if there. Again, just my insomniac opinion. -- B.Rossow talkcontr 11:02, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Argh, you hit me with another short story! I'm just gonna agree with you because I'm way too tired to comprehend all that tonight. @[email protected] Revengeance 12:04, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
Comment by vandal
Is this some kind of joke? being a control freak is not in my interests unlike geting the point across. you on the other hand feel you must have your own words on this and nothing else. so I will continue to edit pages as I please. --Madrocker
- You'll edit how the site owners decide you'll edit. Removing blocks of legitimate info from pages without discussion and continuing to do so after you've been asked to stop is vandalism. I'd strongly suggest you reconsider your attacks on the Mole Mouse page. -- B.Rossow talkcontr 16:50, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Do you own this site then??
- If I owned this site, you'd already be banned for your repeated vandalism. I'm one of several diligent editors who patrol the site and make improvements as needed. The page you keep attacking was developed through discussion and consensus. Your repeated removal of information that explains the hunting strategy is vandalism. Period. And on a related note, if you can't even appropriately add a comment to a Talk page, you have absolutely no business making changes to live wiki pages. Sign your posts, indent your comments, and use the edit summary box. -- B.Rossow talkcontr 16:57, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Do you own this site then??
Exactly now go away. I remember whenn I first edited that page and i failed to mention anything about why you used White cheddar, so I added why, then you decided plagurise it and put it in your own words, now whos the vandal? you I think