MHWiki:Manual of Style - Cheese
- 1 Adding New Cheese to the Wiki
- 2 Cheese Page Layout
- 2.1 Obtaining [Cheese Name]
- 2.2 Using [Cheese Name]
- 2.3 Related Items
- 2.4 History and Trivia
Adding New Cheese to the Wiki
- New Cheese needs its own page. See the layout below.
- Create a Redirect for the cheese using its name without the word "Cheese", if necessary.
- Add the cheese to any disambiguations or related pages that may be appropriate.
- Add the new cheese and its stats to the Cheese page.
- Any information about the cheese that is likely to become stale ("only", "limited-time source", etc.) should either be placed in the History and Trivia section or avoided completely.
Cheese Page Layout
The Cheese pages are as laid out below. This can also be used as the basic structure in creating a new Cheese page. Note that the sections should always be laid out in the order in which they are shown below, which is in the order of importance that most players will consider the information.
Bold the cheese name wherever it appears on the page to help guide the user's eye to relevant info. Follow the bolding and capitalization conventions outlined in the included examples to help provide a consistent look and feel to the various cheese pages.
Article starts with the Cheese Template. Please use the rtoc template to show the table of contents on the right side of the page.
Obtaining [Cheese Name]
List all sources for a cheese in this section.
Include this section only if cheese can be purchased through a Cheese Shoppe.
Include all recipes for crafting in this section.
Rancid Radioactive Blue Cheese - 1 Piece Recipe
Include this section if cheese can be created using potions.
Rancid Radioactive Blue Potion Conversion
List other sources here.
Using [Cheese Name]
List the various areas and mice or mice groups that can be attracted using the cheese.
List all items related to the cheese in these sections.
Cheeses used to create this cheese or that are created using this cheese or that are used in the same areas.
List potions that use or create this cheese
List items required for crafting this cheese. Basic items (ex. Curds and Whey) don't need to be listed.
List the item created when this cheese fails to attract a mouse and goes stale.
History and Trivia
Info on introduction, change in source or use, etc.