"The power bonus of both weapon and base are added together and then applied to the total power of the trap, increasing its power."
The power bonus attribute on certain bases, weapons, charms, and cheese increases the power of a trap. The power bonus from the components are first added together, and is then applied to the combined power of a trap. Fractional power is rounded up to the nearest whole number.
Using the Swiss Army Mouse Trap, Stone Base, and Power Charm as an example:
|Swiss Army Mouse Trap||1,200||2%|
|Total Power: 1,470 * 113% = 1,662|
The maximum power bonus historically attainable was 88%, achieved by pairing the event-only Birthday Party Piñata Bonanza (35%) with either the Tiki or Tribal Base (18%) and an Ultimate Power Charm (20%), and while hunting in the Festive Snow Fort with a 15% bonus from the Snow Cannon; this setup pre-dated the bonus from Toxic Brie. Without relying on limited edition components or events, the highest power bonus possible is 80%, using the Chrome MonstroBot (22%), the Tiki Base (18%), an Ultimate Power Charm (20%), and Empowered Brie Cheese (20%). However, please note that while these setups yield the highest power bonuses in the game, they do not always provide the highest possible power. It is also possible to use the Tower Amplifier to increase power by up to another 75%, although this is generally only useful with Tactical traps, or when using Physical traps to hunt the M400 Mouse.
The following items offer an additional Power Bonus when used in combinations or in correct locations:
- Seasonal Base adds 18% Power Bonus when used in the Seasonal Garden location
- Spellbook Base adds 8% Power Bonus when paired with Spellbook Charm
- Glacier Gatler adds 20% Power Bonus when paired with Snowball Charm
- Ice Blaster adds 10% Power Bonus when paired with Snowball Charm
- Wrapped Gift Trap adds 10% Power Bonus when used in Festive Snow Fort and MegaBuy Mart event locations
- Derr Power Charm adds 5% Power Bonus when used in the Derr Dunes location
- Dreaded Charm adds 300% Power Bonus in the Jungle of Dread location
- Elub Power Charm adds 5% Power Bonus when used in the Elub Shore location
- EMP400 Charm adds an unspecified bonus against M400 mice
- Flamebane Charm adds 150% Power Bonus when used in the Fiery Warpath location
- Growth Charm adds 3% Power Bonus when paired with Soiled Base
- Mining Charm adds 30% Power Bonus against Digby Dirt Dwellers
- Nerg Power Charm adds 5% Power Bonus when used in the Nerg Plains location
- Rook Crumble Charm adds 300% Power Bonus against Mystic Rook and Technic Rook
- Super Warpath Archer Charm adds 50% Power Bonus against the Archer sub-group of The Marching Flame
- Super Warpath Scout Charm adds 50% Power Bonus against the Scout sub-group of The Marching Flame
- Super Warpath Warrior Charm adds 50% Power Bonus against the Warrior sub-group of The Marching Flame
- Wild Growth Charm adds 8% Power Bonus when paired with Soiled Base
The Physical Brace Base adds a 25% Power boost when paired with a Physical weapon, although this boost is computed more like the Tower Amplifier rather than a Power Bonus (for example, Physical Brace Base, Tacky Glue Trap, and Mobile Charm provide 370 Power and 5% Power Bonus; this is then scaled by 25% from 389 to 486, whereas 370 Power and 30% Power Bonus would be 481).