would anyone with a pic of it be willing to put it up here? i'm sure many n00bs would like to see it. (like me =P)
DeathBot Chrome needs in-game description! Update please. -- Grexx 15:58, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- After searching through 100+ pages to get to all the forum topics dated August 16 to August 18, I've found the description here --Peter888 16:12, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- This limited edition version of the classic DeathBot features shiny chrome-plated panels, with a lot o' bling. The motors have been tweaked a little to bring more power to the chain gun and saw blade, the laser power has been increased by 5 kilowatts, and the missile guidance system has been improved using the newest in mouse-seeking technology.
- The King has allowed this weapon to be sold for a limited time only.
This weapon is listed as being less powerful than the PartyBot, but with the extra power bonus, there is no choice of base that would make the DeathBot (Chrome) have a lower total power than the PartyBot. Should this be clarified? -- Hyperchao 02:59, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
- That's why it simply says "in terms of power" and not total power. What we're talking about here is the raw power of the weapon, without the power bonus. If you're going to have it your way, then you might as well point out that if you factor in the power bonus, then both the PartyBot and the ChromeBot are clearly more powerful than the Ambush. --Mikeyco 09:34, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
- The distinction between total power and power is only mentioned in a few places, and they are used interchangeably in all the tables presenting weapon/base combinations. At least we can consider changing the table's header from "Power" to "Total Power". "Total Luck" instead of "Luck" while we're at it, as shown on the Trap page in the game. Back to the original point, though, to avoid having to make changes to how the "nth powerful weapon" is determined (i.e., without bonuses), I think that making a note somewhere about the total powers of the PartyBot and ChromeBot is reasonable. Ambush is less of an issue because it is of a different type and most people won't be comparing them directly. If no one else agrees, I'll drop it. -- Hyperchao 14:07, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
- The easiest way is to probably get rid of the writeup on power in the end, because it doesn't really aid players much in deciding which trap to use as there's a lot of other factors such as attraction bonus, luck, power type etc. A direct comparison with other traps should be avoided, especially in this case, the ranking between traps adds extra work for no useful purpose. It's better to talk about how the trap can be used and possibly in which locations would one start to find it useless etc. Just throwing out some ideas, so not all might be workable. -- Grexx 17:12, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
- Oh and about the tables showing the various trap/base combinations, it is clearly stated in both the section name and the section description that they are combined statistics. I don't think it can get any clearer than that. -- Grexx 17:22, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
Hey guys, the external image link for the bling bot is low-res. could anyone upload the full image? kthnxhbai! Victor.Song 16:59, 25 September 2009 (UTC)
- I've just uploaded a new image for the blingbot - it's 640x700. (For reference the original image was http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll110/tjustin1313/OMG.jpg, and the new one is http://i35.tinypic.com/2wr13is.jpg). WyndStryke 20:21, 26 September 2009 (UTC)