We should leave examples out because we simply don't know how luck works. Any catch that does occur, no one knows if it was because of luck or power. -- Grexx 13:25, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
Dave talked about luck in today's live Feedback Friday. He mentioned it wasn't explained well in the Wiki, so I think we should correct it ;) This is what gathered from the video:
- Luck is nonlinear - the more you have, the more effective it becomes. So 8 luck is more than twice better than 4 luck.
- Luck is more effective against stronger mice. 4 luck against a stronger mouse would be of more benefit than 4 luck against weaker mice.
- Luck works as a separate rule, regardless of the power type and what your chances are. The Polar Bae is high luck because the mouse can slip and fall unconscious (but it's not hard-coded sort of thing; it's your imagination about what makes those traps lucky).
-- Camomiletea 02:00, 14 March 2009 (UTC)
Time to update?
Is it just me, or is about time for this article to get some attention? The tone feels "off" compared to the rest of the wiki, and the information is well over a year old (not that it's necessarily inaccurate, but Longtail has changed a lot of the game mechanics). I'll be happy to work on it, but don't want to go making big edits on what should be a pretty important article without team consensus. --GoBecky 01:29, 7 July 2010 (UTC)
- I agree. Go ahead and try to improve it; it does need attention. Thanks! -- camomiletea 22:25, 7 July 2010 (UTC)
Trap setups section
It has been pointed out on the official wiki suggestions thread (by Pieter-Jan Deprest) that MSB isn't taken into account in this section.
Reading this section, I would propose to completely remove the Trap setups section. Anything that could possibly go there, can be found by looking at Traps#Weapons and sorting by Luck. It talks about highest possible luck and lowest possible luck, well, all that is in the Traps#Weapons table in a much nicer format. Thoughts? kiwimousehunter 23:47, 2 September 2010 (UTC)
- I disagree. The table under trap/bases would just show luck for that particular trap/base not the setup's luck. Also, it doesn't take non-LE trap's luck into account without sorting through all the different traps/bases. Nor does it take the Golden Shield into account. Keeping this here is more accurate and informational. --azorious 01:40, 3 September 2010 (UTC)
A few more statements on luck by devs
Maybe some of this would be relevant to mention here:
"Some hunters are skeptical on luck. Please shed some light on the mechanics?
- Having luck on your trap will help you catch mice and it increases the chance of loot drops. (The higher you have the
- It's proportional to the chance of that drop. (So on rare loot the % gain won't be that much.)
- Also if a loot has a frequent drop luck won't affect that much.
- Luck won't have a dramatic effect with trap loot against the Warmonger since he always drops loot.
- Eg. Against the Pack mice a trap with 0 luck and 20 luck.
- The 20 luck trap will get about 10% more drops compared to the 0 luck trap."
"King Gauntlet and luck?
- You won't get a dramatic increase with drop rates."