The Spooky Shuffle is a mini-game present in the Heads-up Display of the Halloween event location. It is a memory-style matching game, with 18 cards containing 9 pairs of Halloween items. The cards are randomly shuffled to a different location for each hunter, although once the shuffle occurs for all cards face-down, individual cards do not move location until a hunter completes the game. On the bottom of the game are the rules:
- Match cards to win prizes! You lose a ticket for every wrong guess, so choose wisely!
Failing to make a match will use one Spooky Shuffle Ticket.
On the top right is a count of the user's current inventory of Spooky Shuffle Tickets. On the top left is a message giving current status; depending on what has been clicked, it will be one of:
- Match cards to win prizes!
- Try and match that card with its twin!
- Sorry, no match there!
- A match! I received XXX as a reward!
Each match made also leaves a message in the Hunter's Journal:
- I made a match in the Spooky Shuffle and received XXX as a prize!
Making all 9 matches awards a hunter with an additional bonus of 10 SUPER|brie+ with the following popup message:
- Nice work!
- Wow, you've found all the spooky matches!
- You've earned some bonus SUPER|brie+! for clearing the board!
It then resets the board to a fresh shuffle, and leaves this message in the Hunter's Journal:
- I completed a Spooky Shuffle board and earned 10 SUPER|brie+!
During the Halloween 2016 event the rewards available were tied to the Hunter's rank and included items useful in similarly ranked locations.
The following pairs of items are available for matching:
- 2 Candy Charms
- 3 Candy Corn Cheese
- 1 Extra Spooky Charm
- 3 Ghoulgonzola Cheese
- 5,000 Gold
- 3 Halloween Candy
- 2 Shortcut Charms
- 1 Spooky Charm
- 5 SUPER|brie+
This admission ticket allows a hunter to make a card pair selection in the Spooky Shuffle. Flip two cards and see if they match!