Hi, I'm new to the Wiki. I have a suggestion for all the Trap Type pages. Currently, we have Effectiveness before Types. this puts a list of the mice that can be caught before the list of traps available. I think it makes more sense for it to be ordered the other way around: Trap Types first, then what can be caught with them. Comments? --Escobar2 01:44, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
- Done. Welcome to the wiki! In the future, this is a minor change that could be done without asking. But better to ask first if you're not sure! -- B.Rossow talkcontr 02:10, 9 February 2009 (UTC)
less effectiv against Tactical???
May I ask if somebody can confirm this. If so it must be a recent change/tweak/adjustment since I have a saved Dojo log with my Slumber and back on February 7th I didn't get any messages of being less effective. _____m. 13:59, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
- Yup I confirmed it myself the day before. I believe they tuned it due to the release of the ACRONYM, which would have been overpowered if allowed to be used against Tactical mice, especially the Masters. You can see the discussion here -- Grexx 14:03, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
ACRONYM less effective against Tribal Island Physical Mice
Although this is mentioned under the ACRONYM, it needs to be confirmed if the effectiveness of other Arcane traps is decreased against Physical mice in the Tribal Islands. Clarification might be warranted under the Effectiveness section of this page stating that exceptions do exist (and possibly cross linked to the appropriate location/trap pages). M Shrew 22:41, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
ACRONYM = Normal Effectiveness Against Acolyte Mice
It seems like Arcane traps are normal effectiveness against the new Acolyte Mice based on the catch log either from the one who caught it, Ora Smith (if it's still available in the log), or from this screenshot I took.
- It's difficult to confirm just by looking at a catch in this case. I read someone complaining that the ACRONYM was less effective against the Acolyte. Unsure if that is intended gameplay or a mistake on the developers part. Since a less effective catch doesn't show any message, we can only deduce from this that it isn't very effective against them. We'll need further information from other players who have missed the mouse. -- Grexx 07:07, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- The two acolytes who nibbled at my runic gave me a "My weapon was less effective against this mouse." I've also seen multiple postings in the forums saying the same. I was using ACRONYM/Polar/Runic at the time. --PChemMan 21:43, 14 March 2009 (UTC)
To Split or Not To Split?
As I have claimed the task of revising this article given the recent introduction of the Forgotten trap power type (and most likely the Forgotten trap itself once someone collects all 4 blueprint pieces and all 6 loot items from the Jungle of Dread mice), I must first decide whether to split the article into Arcane and Forgotten or to just leave it all in one article. I will list some pros and cons of splitting:
- Each individual article could be of comparable length to the Physical, Tactical, Shadow, and Hydro articles. In other words, we would only have one trap list and one mouse list per article. However, this would be at the cost of either the list of mice it's effective against or the list of mice that are actually of that type.
- The "Description" section would be easier to read and simpler to understand.
- We would not have to arbitrarily choose between Arcane and Forgotten for the title (or make a new title that they both redirect to)
- Forgotten and Arcane type mice would have to be listed twice in the collection of power type articles - once for what type they are and once for what type of trap is effective against them.
- In the future, the devs may introduce more power type pairs (or even triplets) like this, and setting the precedent of splitting such articles could make the Wiki quite ugly.
- It would be less apparent to the casual browser of the MH Wiki that these 2 types are strongly related.
With the possible future and the casual visitor in mind, I believe the right thing to do is to rename this article "Arcane/Forgotten", or if slashes aren't allowed, replace the slash with " & " or simply the word " and ".
If there is no significant objection within the next hour, I shall begin editing the article under the assumption that it will be renamed and not split. --Dreamwalker 21:54, 11 August 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, now that I've thought about it some more, splitting it does seem like the better idea. It would be hard to make a clean article about 2 different power types, and my example of a "power type triplet" is not reason to keep everything together. It's actually reason to split them because it would be ridiculous to have 3 together. So now I'm under the assumption they'll be split. =) --Dreamwalker 22:00, 11 August 2009 (UTC)