|In recognition of the excellent contributions that Kirbix has made to the MH Wiki.|
-- Grexx 16:59, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
Some notable contributions:
- Creation of NVMRC Forcefield Trap or Mouse DeathBot?
- Expanding writeup for Sinister Portal or Ambrosial Portal - Which Should I Get?
- Adding Stats table to the various Base articles
Hi! It's a known fact that SB+ and Maki both increase the encounter rate for Students... It seems that the articles were recently reworded to use the word "attracted" instead, which I will agree is rather misleading. If you can think of a better way to put it, please do. -- Camomiletea 00:59, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
Where does one find evidence of increased encounter rates? I'd be curious to read that- sounds like an old wive's tale to me. You get more students with SB+, yes- you get more of EVERY mouse with SB+. There's nothing special about students in that regard.--Kirbix 01:25, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
- Further information from developers available in an archived discussion here: http://mhwiki.hitgrab.com/wiki/index.php?title=Talk:Mice&oldid=74416#Bait_preference -- Grexx 04:59, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
- Well I'll be darned. Not sure what the point of maki is, then... but whatever. It's their game. Although is it possible that maki has replaced SB+ in this purpose? I mean, that post is awfully old... --Kirbix 12:13, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
- In a sense you could call Maki a replacement meant specially for the Dojo Students, since the conversion rate is at 1:1, SB+ to Maki. SB+ is a poorer choice since it is improbable that it boosts the encounter rate of students as much as, or more than Maki.
- As for being outdated, that is also unlikely as the developers have no reason to lower the encounter rate of SB+ if it works fine. Maki is probably an added "flavour" to the game, providing alternate paths to certain game goals. So now players have 3 paths to take in the Dojo, using standard cheese for normal encounter/attraction rates, using SB+ for 99% attraction rate and increased encounter rate for students & prize mice, or using Maki for even higher encounter rate for students and possibly 90%-95%(estimated) attraction rate, but without the increased prize mice encounter rate. -- Grexx 16:50, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
I don't know if there's been any issues with people posting illegal links on the wiki since I pulled it down, but now the real one is back up! For good, I suppose. Can't very well pull it down again without being a total jerk.--Kirbix 14:38, 20 August 2009 (UTC)
The Record page has just been created and there have not been many recent updates.--Tmm stinson 16:13, 11 August 2009 (UTC)