|In recognition of the excellent contributions that Mikeyco has made to the MH Wiki.|
-- Grexx 09:58, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
Some notable contributions:
- Creation of Editor's Corner navbox.
- Revamp of the various location articles & creation of location mice table.
- Consolidation of Maps and Keys into single page.
- Revamp of Brie Alchemy Potions page.
- Revamp of Starting out page to incorporate the new newbie introduction.
- Standardizing all the individual Mouse articles.
- Consolidation of Gift articles.
- Standardizing all the individual Weapons pages.
- Standardizing all the individual Base pages.
It's good to see an editor who can work so fast lol. Even though you've just started helping edit the MH Wiki for a couple of days, you've done a lot of useful work! Thanks again for all the help :) -- Grexx 09:58, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
Lol I know I've just recently posted this, but thanks again! With the Mouse pages up with the Hunting Strategy and Bait Preference sections, we should be getting better information from players now. Many of them have difficulties editing a wiki but shouldn't have an issue if provided with the basic structure :) Same goes for the locations. -- Grexx 12:15, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
Unable to Update
Hi I noticed your comment about problems with updating. There's basically 2 solutions to this. First is to make sure you are logging in from the following address: http://mhwiki.hitgrab.com/wiki/index.php/MouseHunt_Wiki. If you are accessing the page through the MH Toolbar, don't use that to do edits. There'll be some problems.
If you are still facing problems, it could be that your IP address keeps changing between edits and page views. In that case, you will need to enable a proxy server to proceed with any further edits.
Hope that helps :) I know you might have difficulty replying this too, so feel free to message me on facebook. -- Grexx 14:48, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for the quick response. I actually researched this matter on other Wikis and tried what they have to say. I don't really know what happened, but I can suddenly edit now. Starting from when I first replied at Brossow's talk page. --14:52, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- Ok good to know you've managed to solve your problem! -- Grexx 14:53, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
By the way, you can use an extra page to do the work rather than on your user page. Most users use a sandbox page, something like User:Grexx/Sandbox. You could create your own using User:Mikeyco/Sandbox, and add the link to your user page.
As for the edit problem, do check that you are using the correct wiki address. There are 2 addresses, one starting with mhwiki.hitgrab.com and the other starting with mousehunt.hitgrab.com. Make sure you are using the first one. -- Grexx 17:35, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- That explains most of the problems I'm having. I'm using the second domain. Sometimes, I also get logged-out for no reason at all (my IP address didn't change). --Mikeyco 17:38, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- Yes I had the exact problem. The 2nd link comes from the toolbar, while the first link comes from the lore tab on the game itself. Getting logged out is due to the same issue. If you're doing editing work, you'll need to stick to the first address. -- Grexx 17:40, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for your help! I'll be going over most of the pages in the next couple of hours so this should help a lot. --Mikeyco 17:42, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
Maps & Keys
Don't forget about the respective redirects to the new page. Additionally, there's one thing I want to point out. It's ok to have a link to a redirect. It's no different from a section link. In fact linking to the original name itself is usually a better idea, since section names can be changed more easily. Also, that beats having to update multiple articles that link to the same page. An example would be using [[Maps and Keys#Keeper's Candle|Keeper's Candle]], when [[Keeper's Candle]] would suffice. -- Grexx 13:16, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- I see. That way, only redirects will need to be changed whenever section names change. Alright. I'll change them then. --Mikeyco 13:19, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
I like the new look you gave it, it's really good. However I checked the floating elements and there is an issue for 800x600 displays for the pros & cons boxes. It'll be good if you can move the pros & cons box below, or into a simple writeup. -- Grexx 10:16, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- Alright. I didn't check with other resolutions besides mine. I'll get to it after I edit one last page. --Mikeyco 10:17, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
I noticed you entered a note about the mouse rarity in the Birthday mouse description. We'll have to be very careful with these descriptions as there are associated percentages with each word for the mouse loot drop frequency, and care must be taken not to confuse players. I think the only terms we can use safely are commonly found and rarely found, since they belong to both extremes. Anything else in between is quite subjective and thus should be avoided. -- Grexx 18:22, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- Alright then. Seasonal mice should probably have no rarity note on them based on your suggestion. --Mikeyco 18:24, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- Blah, I just remembered. The mice have different rarity in different locations. Like the Dwarf mice, which is quite rare in the Lab but ridiculously common in the Town of Digby. I think in the safest way is probably to adopt a neutral "mice can be found in X location" format. Sorry for the confusion! -- Grexx 18:46, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- Okay. I'll check it out. --Mikeyco 18:49, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- I think it's going to take quite a bit of effort to figure out the rarity for all mice. It might be a good idea to just remove rarity altogether. --Mikeyco 18:52, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- Agreed. Let's do away with mentions about rarity. Too many unknowns, and the game itself is fluid. Black Widow mice frequency for example, have recently been raised. -- Grexx 18:55, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- True enough. A lot of things did change recently. Most of them starting from after Birthday mice started skittering around. I don't know if it's just me, but after they were introduced, my catch rate using Ambush Trap dropped significantly (by around 7%). I'm currently hating my hunting sessions in the Dojo. --Mikeyco 18:59, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
Loot Drop Frequency
I noticed you stated a drop frequency for the Scavenger Mouse loot drops. You'll need to avoid doing that unless it's been posted by a Developer. See the discussion in Talk:Mice#Mouse Loot Drop Frequency for further information. -- Grexx 11:22, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- Okay. Thanks for the suggestion. --Mikeyco 11:25, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- Hi! Could you please double-check the drop rates? I just fixed drop rate on Granite mouse (we don't have info on the drop rate for Meteorite) and Mole mouse (we only know the drop rate for Furoma map, not the Back Cover, and it was extremely rarely, not just simply rarely). I can't go through all the mice again, so please help fix it back. Thanks! -- Camomiletea 01:13, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
- I went through them actually, and I think I fixed them. But there were a lot. Please be careful in future. -- Camomiletea 02:01, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry about that. :( --Mikeyco 05:20, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
Adding as Facebook Friend
Just pointing out that your security settings are so high, I can't add you as a friend, not even using FB search :P -- Grexx 18:29, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- Oh. LOL. I forgot about that. I'll add you instead. --Mikeyco 18:32, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
Weapon/Base Table Generator
WOW! .... Just wow!!!! This is very nice! Thanx a bunch for this one!
I will definitely use it .... even if you have no time or energy to implement my suggestions. Please have a look at my updated layout of the Weapon Tables.
- I upped the cellpadding to 5 to be similar to the Base Tables (i.e Polar Base).
- I also introduced a new column with the respective Base Power (w/o name though).
- It would be very helpful but not necessary if you could preset the colour for every other row.
- And last but not least: Is it possible to add the comma into the Power figures?
BTW: Your pull down menu selector is a bit misleading since I had to choose Weapon to generate a Base Table and vice versa.
Otherwise: Awesome! Thank you again for this handy tool! _____m. 23:32, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. I forgot all about the commas. I was supposed to fix that and now I'm wondering why I didn't. Hmm... maybe it is a bit misleading. Now that I think about it, it seems to be reversed. I'll fix that in a moment. I'll also try to implement your suggestions. --Mikeyco 05:52, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- Alright. It's been updated. I made the cellpaddings a permanent change. Both tables should have it set as 5. I made the new Base Power (unnamed header) column, along with the right-aligned names, optional. They can be turned on via the checkboxes located below the generator form. The alternating colors/colours are back. I originally removed them because they go berserk when you change the sorting method (nothing can be done about it, it's the Wiki software's fault). And last but not least, I finally added the missing commas. They should work even if you get a negative number (although you most probably won't ever get a negative number in statistics anyway). Also, the behavior for the generator form's drop-down menu has been changed. The original behavior was that if you set it to Weapon, it'll expect you to enter the Base stats and output the Weapon Table. I guess that's what made it confusing to work with. It's inverted now. If you select Base, you enter the stats of the Base and generate its corresponding Weapons table. Please let me know if you find some more things that need fixing. --Mikeyco 08:34, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- Slick! I forgot one thing last night: Alphabetically the Target comes after the Wooden Base. But since this can be easily fixed by myself don't bother to do this until I got some (more) feedback on the layout.... maybe there will be more adjustments anyway. Thank you again - for all of you effort and work on the Wiki! _____m. 09:18, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
- Truly a useful tool for the ever lazy editors who never get any work done on the MH Wiki :P Now they can play with tables the whole day long! -- Grexx 11:44, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
- LOL. That's what me and _____m. have been doing lately. Hence no editing spree from me. That's about to change soon though since the tool is pretty much complete already. Unless the format changes again. :D --Mikeyco 11:48, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
- Mikey can you run the stats for Mouse Mary weapon again. The correct trap power is confirmed 250. I think you used the 255 figure. Thanks! -- Grexx 11:46, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
Hi, long time no see... Would you be willing to update your ingenious Table generator? Regards, _____m. 10:31, 8 June 2009 (UTC)