It's MouseHunt's Sixth Birthday and the King has decided to get down! Building a giant Dance Hall in the Vacant Lot for everyone to dance and celebrate! Unfortunately, the loud music has also attracted some pesky uninvited partiers.
Description and Requirements
The Dance Hall is a special location first available during MouseHunt's Sixth Birthday event in 2014, requiring a minimum rank of Recruit to enter. Mice are unable to steal gold or points, but may steal multiple pieces of cheese if not caught.
The area includes a Heads-up Display to track progress in building the elements of a dance hall. When initially entering, the display includes a button to build the Dance Floor, with a pop-up hint of Build a dance floor to attract a conga line of mice! and a display message to "Hunt with Cupcake Colby to gather 60 Party Supplies and start rebuilding the Dance Hall!". Once built, the following message appears in the Hunter's Journal:
- I built a Dance Floor!
- Now that I've built a dance floor, a Conga Line of mice has formed to party down! I'll have to catch them in sequence to capture El Flamenco!
- I earned 3 SUPER|brie+ and 2 Party Charms for upgrading the Dance Hall.
After reconstructing the dance floor, the HUD then tracks the progress on the Conga line, showing captured mice, the current target mouse, and protected mice still to be uncovered before reaching El Flamenco as the tenth mouse in the cycle. Hovering over the mice shows a pop-up The Conga Line is dancing up a storm! Catch the mice in order to unlock and defeat El Flamenco!. Each catch of a mouse in the Conga Line leaves the following message in the Hunter's Journal:
- I caught a mouse in the Conga Line!
- Another one bites the dust!
After catching El Flamenco, a new Conga Line is started with this message:
- A conga line approaches!
- Grim their eyes, heavy their feet,
- a lockstep whirlwind of defeat.
Additionally, on the first capture of El Flamenco, this additional message appears:
- I defeated El Flamenco in a dizzying dance battle!
- To commorate his first defeat, I earned a special gift from the King: A DLU+ Gift Box!
On subsequent encounters, this message changes to:
- El Flamenco got served!
- His conga line dissolves in confusion.
Once the dance floor is unlocked, the bottom of the HUD shows five buttons for various further improvements to the dance hall, each available after earning a particular amount of Party Supplies, and each offering a reward and a message in the Hunter's Journal when built:
|Get Party Charms when you catch Terrible Twos Mice!||200||I built a Chaperone Table!|
|Adds Cupcake Colby Cheese and Party Charms to your Dance Tournament rewards!||90||I built a Dance Competition Leaderboard!|
|Mice drop Cupcake Colby Cheese in addition to potions.||130||I built a Buffet Table!|
|Attract the Pintail Mouse who drops treasure scroll cases!||110||I built a Pin the Tail on the Donkey!|
|Gain +5 Luck while at the Dance Party!||160||I built a Sound System!
The pounding beats of Untz Untz Untz have cast the mice into a sandstorm trance, giving my trap +5 luck while at the Dance Party!
Making all five improvements leaves the following message in the Hunter's Journal:
- The Dance Hall is complete!
- I earned:
- for completing the Dance Hall!
The Dance Leaderboard is retroactive in effect: if a hunter completes a tournament before building the leaderboard, but does not actually claim the tournament reward until after, the claimed reward will include the bonus cheese and charms.
Once the Buffet Table is in effect, the following message is left in the journal when a mouse drops extra Cupcake Colby cheese:
- My Buffet Table provided the perfect distraction causing the XXX Mouse to drop bonus loot!
Once the Chaperone Table is in effect, the following message is left in the journal when a Terrible Twos is caught:
- The Chaperones quickly checked its pockets, revealing some charms!
- 6 Party Charms were added to my inventory!
On the right of the Heads-up Display are indicators of useful supplies: a button to arm Cupcake Colby cheese with the hint Craft Cupcake Colby to catch the event mice!, a button to arm Party Charms with the hint Use Party Charms to loot more Colby Potions and Party Supplies!, an icon to track current Party Supplies inventory with the hint Gather Party Supplies to rebuild the Dance Hall!, and an icon to track current Cupcake Colby Potion inventory with the hint Use normal bait to gather Colby Potions.
- Oh no! These high quality super expensive lights must have been hit by quite the power surge to have exploded like this!
- Something must be going wrong with the power generator. Maybe the mice in the Meadow have some clues...
Once the hunter moves to the Meadow, it was possible for any mouse in that area to drop the Limited Edition collectible Drained Rocket Pack, along with the following message:
- I found what appears to be a miniature rocket pack!
- Its power cell appears to be entirely drained and a strange foreign magic seems to ebb around the unit.
- Whoever owned this might have been the one who was messing with the power generator.
- Tiny sooty footprints lead towards the Dance Hall! Perhaps you can find the owner there...
On returning to the Dance Hall, a hunter can now attract Moussile Mice; the first capture of this mouse will award the hunter with the Limited Edition collectible Inert Riftwood, along with this bonus message:
- Capturing a Moussile Mouse revealed another clue!
- I found a fragment of material that has faint traces of the same type of energy now being produced at the power generator.
- The metal seems to fade in and out, as though it's from another plane of existence. Could this be evidence of the twisted world spilling further into our own? Could this be some sort of a rift opening?!
- Clearly, the Moussiles are to blame for the generator sabotage!
- Convinced I've learned all there is to know for now, the King gave me a reward!
- 30 King's Credits have been added to my inventory.
These are the shops that can be found in the Dance Hall:
Birthday Party Mice
1 El Flamenco Mice could only be caught at the end of the Conga Line.
2 Pintails were only present after the Donkey Tail addition was completed.
3 Glitchpaw Mice were only present on 7 March 2014 after some unplanned downtime.
4 Moussile Mice could only be caught after collecting Exploded Lightshow and Drained Rocket Pack, starting on 19 March 2014.
Regular cheese is used to hunt mice dropping Cupcake Colby Potions. Cupcake Colby cheese hunts birthday event mice that drop Party Supplies. Use of Party Charms increases loot rates, by doubling potion drops or adding an extra two supplies for each hunt that produces loot in the first place. The El Flamenco mouse can only be found at the end of each Conga line of 10 mice.
Hunting tips by Larry
Put on your dancing shoes and prepare to get down and groove! Well... once we get this place up and running again! Seems those pesky party mice have wrecked the interior and torn everything down! It looks like it's up to you to get this party started!
• Hunt with different types of cheese to find Cupcake Colby Potions.
• Arm Cupcake Colby to attract those party-pooping mice to recover precious Party Supplies.
• Collect enough Party Supplies to restore the Hip and Hop back into this hall!
• Once the Dance Floor has been restored, you can then use Party Supplies to spruce up the place by adding various upgrades to your dance hall.
• Party Supplies can also be used in the party shoppes to purchase some extra special items!
Make sure you do your best to party to the max and build all five upgrades to get a chance at the First Place Dance Hall Trophy to show off all your hard work!
The final and most important party commodity is the Disco Ball! This important item is being held by a mouse particularly interested in the expertise of dancing. Capturing this vermin will prove especially challenging due to a unique defense formation: a mouse conga line!
The Disco Ball is of such value that the shop keeper at the Dance Hall will sell you a new trap, as well as a variety of new trap skins, in exchange for a Disco Ball and some gold. So get out there and PARTY HARD!