Haunted Terrortories 2014
- 1 Description and Requirements
- 2 Mice
- 3 Cheese Preference
- 4 Charms
- 5 Hunting Strategy
- 6 Shoppes
- 7 Activities
- 8 Hunting tips by Larry
- 9 Links
What evils lurk in the depths of the corn maze? Was that a mouse running through the pumpkin patch, or something more sinister? Dare you enter... the Haunted Mansion? There's only one way to find out what lurks in the Haunted Terrortories: gather up a good stock of 'Trick' and 'Treat' cheese by visiting your friends' profile pages, and get hunting! You'll need to trap mice with both kinds of cheese to reach the final challenge.
Description and Requirements
The Haunted Terrortories is a special location available during the 2014 Halloween event, requiring a minimum rank of Recruit to enter. Mice are unable to steal gold or points, but may steal multiple pieces of cheese if not captured in the Haunted Terrortories.
The Heads-Up Display shows the progress through the area. Along the top is a background image that corresponds to the current charm (Candy, Shortcut, Spooky, Extra Spooky, or all others). On the top left is a mention of the current zone ("Corn Field", "Haunted Manor", "Pumpkin Patch", or "Boss!"); additionally, the message will include "Area limit reached! You should swap baits!" if the hunter has filled up the meter for the current cheese. On the top right is a link to the Spooky Shuffle mini-game. In the next row, the left side shows the hunter's current inventory of Ghoulgonzola and Candy Corn cheese, with buttons to arm or disarm them. Then there is a graphical display of all 141 hunts required per cycle through the area (10 per side in the Corn Field Maze, 20 per side in the Haunted Manor, 39 per side plus Trick and Treat in the Pumpkin Patch, and then the boss icon for Mousataur Priestess). On the bottom of the HUD is a listing of the hunter's inventory of four particular charms, Candy Charm, Shortcut Charm, Spooky Charm, and Extra Spooky Charm, and a button to arm or disarm each. Hovering over each charm gives the following hints:
- Candy Charms attract mice that drop Candies!
- Shortcut Charms have a 75% of pushing you ahead 3 squares, and a 25% chance of throwing you back!
- Spooky Charms attract scarier mice!
- Extra Spooky Charms attract way scarier mice! Only Count/Countesses and up can arm these dangerous charms!
- Halloween Candy is dropped by all available mice when hunting with Candy Charms armed and by some available mice when hunting with other charms or no charms armed. The table below only lists it for mice where Candy Charm is not required.
- Candy Apple and Spooky Mask are dropped by all mice in the Haunted Terrortories.
- 1 The Trick and Treat mice only appear as the last mouse of their respective Trick or Treat tracks, and only with the Ghoulgonzola or Candy Corn cheese armed.
- 2 The Mousataur Priestess appears only after both the Trick and Treat mice are caught.
- 3 The Candy Goblin only appears when Candy Charms are armed.
- 4 The use of Shortcut Charm requires pairing with Candy Corn or Ghoulgonzola cheese to change the population; otherwise, the same mice are attracted as for all other charms.
- 5 Brain Bits loot is only possible when any of Skello-ton, Brain Extractor, or Maniacal Brain Extractor is armed. Use of Brain Charm or Super Brain Charm makes encounters of zombie mice more frequent.
- 6 Scrap Metal loot is only possible when Digby DrillBot or Chrome DrillBot is armed.
- 7 Glitchpaw mice were available only during 21-29 October 2014.
The Trick and Treat mice are the only mice present when Ghoulgonzola or Candy Corn cheese is armed, regardless of any charms armed, when Hunters reach the 40th square in the Pumpkin Patch.
The Mousataur Priestess is the only mouse present, regardless of any cheese or charms armed, when Hunters reach the Boss Encounter.
- Attract the Candy Goblin in all three stages of the Haunted Terrortories and cause mice to drop Halloween Candy as loot.
- The Candy Cat Mouse drops Candy Charms as loot.
- Catching a Candy Goblin with a Candy Charm armed creates a message in the Hunter's Journal:
- The Candy Goblin mouse was so enamored with my Candy Charm, it dropped a whole bundle of Halloween Candy!
- The mouse was so focused on swiping my Candy Charm that it dropped a bonus Halloween Candy!
- Reduces the available mice to just the Shortcut Mouse and Grey Recluse Mouse in all three stages of the Haunted Terrortories.
- There is a 75% chance of catching a Shortcut Mouse, which moves the Hunter ahead 3 squares.
- Catching a Shortcut Mouse creates a message in the Hunter's Journal:
- Yes! Catching a Shortcut Mouse leapt me three spaces ahead in the Corn Maze/Haunted Manor/Pumpkin Patch!
- However, a hunter cannot move past the start of a zone if both sides aren't completed; in that case, the journal includes this additional message:
- Catching a Shortcut Mouse leapt me ahead in the Corn Maze!
Unfortunately, I couldn't travel the full distance as I didn't have three open spaces ahead of me.
- There is a 25% chance of catching a Grey Recluse Mouse and being moved back 1 square.
- Catching a Grey Recluse Mouse creates a message in the Hunter's Journal:
- Shoot! Catching a Grey Recluse Mouse knocked me back a space in the Corn Maze/Haunted Manor/Pumpkin Patch...
- However, a hunter cannot move back past the start of a zone; in that case, the journal includes this additional message:
- Thankfully, I had only just entered the Corn Maze/Haunted Manor/Pumpkin Patch, so I couldn't be pushed back any further!
- The Tricky Witch Mouse drops Shortcut Charms as loot.
- Hunting with a Shortcut Charm and any cheese other than Candy Corn Cheese or Ghoulgonzola Cheese creates a message in the Hunter's Journal:
- I tried to hunt with a Shortcut charm, but forgot to arm Trick Cheese or Treat Cheese! I should really arm one of those cheeses so I can continue my progress!
- Adds mice from The Shadow Clan and The Forgotten Mice groups in all three stages of the Haunted Terrortories.
- Some less powerful, less valuable mice are also scared away by the Spooky Charm!
- Hunters should be prepared to hunt with powerful Arcane or Shadow traps when using Spooky Charms.
- Hunters can purchase Spooky Charms in the Charm Shoppe and can occasionally find them as loot.
- Adds mice from the Gnawnia Rift in all three stages of the Haunted Terrortories.
- Some less powerful, less valuable mice are also scared away by the Extra Spooky Charm!
- Hunters should be prepared to hunt with a powerful Rift trap when using Extra Spooky Charms.
- Hunters can purchase Extra Spooky Charms in the Charm Shoppe.
Hunters must complete both sides of each section of the Haunted Terrortories before they can move on to the next section.
- Corn Field Maze - Complete both sides by:
- Treating 10 mice with Candy Corn Cheese
- Tricking 10 mice with Ghoulgonzola Cheese
- Completing the Corn Field Maze creates an entry in the Hunter's Journal:
- Phew! I successfully navigated the Corn Maze. On to the Haunted House, and the spooky mice within!
- Haunted Manor - Complete both sides by:
- Treating' 20 mice with Candy Corn Cheese
- Tricking 20 mice with Ghoulgonzola Cheese
- Completing the Haunted Manor creates an entry in the Hunter's Journal:
- Hah! That Haunted House wasn't so scary. Time to take on the scary mice in the Pumpkin Patch.
- Pumpkin Patch - Complete both sides by:
- Treating 39 mice with Candy Corn Cheese
- Catching the Treat Mouse
- Tricking 39 mice with Ghoulgonzola Cheese
- Catching the Trick Mouse
- Once both the Trick and Treat mice are captured, an entry is created in the Hunter's Journal:
- With the Trick and the Treat mice subdued, the Mousataur Priestess Mouse has nowhere to hide.
- Boss Encounter
- Once the Trick and Treat mice have been captured, Hunters are able to attract the Mousataur Priestess, regardless of cheese armed.
- Capturing the Mousataur Priestess resets progress to the beginning of the Corn Field Maze, and leaves an entry in the Hunter's Journal:
- Upon capturing the dreaded Mousataur Priestess Mouse, a thick layer of fog descended and I found myself back at the beginning of the Corn Maze.
- Unlike some earlier years, use of Candy Corn or Ghoulgonzola for the attraction does not get a head-start on the next round of Corn Maze hunting.
- If the hunter has not already unlocked the Super Brain Charm recipe by crafting it from ingredients, then the first capture of Mousataur Priestess unlocks the recipe with its typical journal message.
A hunter's progress is not lost when traveling outside of the Haunted Terrortories, but does not carry over between years.
|Gouda Cheese||1 Halloween Candy|
|Gilded Cheese||2 Halloween Candies|
|Marble String Cheese||1 Rift Candy|
|Swiss String Cheese||2 Rift Candies|
|Brie String Cheese||4 Rift Candies|
|Spooky Charm||600 gold|
1 Ghoulgonzola Cheese
1 Candy Corn Cheese
|Extra Spooky Charm||850 gold|
1 Ghoulgonzola Cheese
1 Candy Corn Cheese
|Mining Charm||1 Halloween Candy|
|Amplifier Charm||2 Halloween Candies|
|Artisan Charm||5 Halloween Candies|
|Dreaded Charm||3 Halloween Candies|
|Cackle Charm||3 Halloween Candies|
|Warpath Commander's Charm||20 Halloween Candies|
|Ultimate Power Charm||1 Cobweb|
|Ultimate Luck Charm||1 Cobweb|
|Rift Vacuum Charm||2 Rift Candies (spent)|
1 Null Gauntlet (not spent)
Trick or Treat
- You were treated!
You received 3 Candy Corn Cheese!
Made by adding sugary syrup and just a hint of marshmallow to ordinary white cheese, Candy Corn cheese is a sweet treat that pleases human and rodent alike. It attracts plenty of mice in the Haunted Terrortories, where candy is the main form of sustenance for many creatures. Although Candy Corn is safe for all ages, its sweetness can be overwhelming: mice who overdo it and eat too many kernels will end up with a stomach ache and bad dreams.
- You were tricked!
You received 3 Ghoulgonzola Cheese!
Brought to life by placing a pan of pumpkin-infused curd beneath a thunder bolt, Ghoulgonzola has a life of its own-- and a penchant for playing tricks on Halloween revelers. This cheese has been known to pop out of bushes in large flocks, startling passersby, and ring doorbells before flying away. Even after being caught and eaten, Ghoulgonzola will continue to make trouble, fluttering around in your tummy and making rude sounds to embarrass you in company.
- You were treated!
- Ooh, piece of hidden candy!
You received 1 Halloween Candy!
These candies have a delicious chewy center and are highly sought-after by the various Shop Keepers in the Haunted Terrortories. Swing by one of their shops where you can trade for their wares with these tasty morsels of sugar-coated happiness! Oh! Piece of Candy!
- Ooh, piece of hidden candy!
- I rang your doorbell but no one answered! Setup your Halloween profile cheese to Trick or Treat your friends!
Hunters must match pairs of cards to receive rewards. There are 9 pairs of cards per game and their positions remain fixed until a new game is started. Each time a Hunter fails to make a match, a Spooky Shuffle Ticket is spent. 2 Spooky Shuffle Tickets can be found in each daily Loyalty Chest. When Hunters run out of Spooky Shuffle Tickets the cards are shown as locked and the game cannot be played until the Hunter procures more Spooky Shuffle Tickets.
Matched sets remain visible until the game is complete. The 9 items available to match are as follows:
- 3 Candy Corn Cheese
- 3 Ghoulgonzola Cheese
- 5 SUPER|brie+
- 2 Candy Charms
- 2 Shortcut Charms
- 1 Spooky Charm
- 1 Extra Spooky Charm
- 3 Halloween Candies
- 5,000 gold
Successfully completing a Spooky Shuffle game rewards the Hunter with 10 SUPER|brie+.
Hunters can participate in the following Tournaments:
- Bad Moon Rising
- Extra, Extra! Scare All About It!
- Halloween Haunting
- Scary Shortcuts Tournament
- Zombies, Zombies, Zombies!
Hunters can research the following Library Assignments:
- Requires 500 Library Points
Hunters can hunt for Haunted Terrortories mice and earn rewards by completing Treasure Maps.
Hunting tips by Larry
Jeepers! I don't like the look of this place, MouseHunter!
The Haunted Terrortories consist of three unique areas; The Corn Maze, The Haunted Manor and the Pumpkin Patch.
Your bait choice is of unique significance here. By hunting with Ghoulgonzola Cheese, you'll trick each mouse you catch. By hunting with Candy Corn Cheese, you'll treat each mouse you catch. You'll need to both treat and trick mice in your current area to attract mice from the next area.
You'll have to trick and treat your way through all three areas to catch the Trick Mouse, Treat Mouse and an even deadlier mouse that is currently ruling the Terrortories!
If you're low on cheese for trick-or-treating, catching Hollowhead mice might earn you more! They can be caught using almost any type of cheese, although they are most often attracted by SUPER|brie+.
Keep an eye out for special mice this year! Tricky Witch mice will drop Shortcut Charms, which you can use to zip ahead (or maybe fall behind), and Candy Cat mice will drop Candy Charms, which will cause all mice to drop candy and have a bonus chance of attracting a very candyful mouse indeed!
Good luck! If you need me, I'll be hiding behind the tree outside the entrance!