Price for Novice Traps
For those wondering why they're different from the Trapsmith, the price of the Wooden Base is factored into the price of the High Tension Spring (600 + 300 = 900 gold) and the Tacky Glue Trap (550 + 300 = 850 gold). This is also how it is shown in the in-game tutorial. Please see this screenshot for proof. --Mikeyco 09:00, 14 March 2009 (UTC)
New Larry page 
I think it might be a good addition to the Starting Out page also. -- Camomiletea 20:53, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
Starting in Meadow?
I'm not sure if it's just an error/glitch, but i managed to get one of my friends to start playing MouseHunt today, and he started out in Town of Gnawnia.
I removed his profile pic and name for privacy reasons. --S18067 14:43, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
- …erm… why does it say » Hunting Since: Dec 05, 2009 ... Hunter’s Title: Novice (34 % ) « if he started playing today?
- ____m. 22:04, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
- dunno... He literally only started on 7 Aug. I know he didn't MH before. --S18067 18:28, 15 Aug, 2010 (UTC)
- Ever since Novice was split into Novice and Recruit, percentage points in Novice have been very easy to gain, and I'm sure the event-triggered diamond mouse helps out greatly. I was looking up Larry's Sandwich today because I notice it's a collectible I don't have. It's not listed on the Collectibles page of this wiki yet. --Dreamwalker 23:11, 10 October 2010 (UTC)
- Wait, nevermind. I didn't notice the thing about his "Hunting Since" date. Perhaps he installed the app on that date but didn't even make his starting trap selection until Aug 7th? I did something similar to that with MythMonger last year. --Dreamwalker 23:13, 10 October 2010 (UTC)
Changes to introduction
It seems the page is out-dated again. Browsing a few random Novice ranked players, it appears to be a hunt for a Dwarf mouse which has stolen Larry's sandwich. From what it looks like:
- 1st Hunt is a failed Dwarf hunt (I sounded my Hunters Horn for the first time! The Dwarf Mouse that stole Larry's sandwich took a piece of cheese from my trap and got away! )
- 2nd hunt is a random mouse. (I caught a mouse, but it's not the Dwarf I'm looking for. )
- 3rd hunt is a random mouse again, however it can be a failure to capture a Dwarf.
- 4th Hunt is a capture of Dwarf mouse.
I've not seen any results pointing towards a Dwarf attraction on the second hunt. I don't know what else would be different however. Draobyek 11:22, 4 October 2010 (UTC)
- I've updated the intro sequence based on looking at several Novice ranked players, but I'm not sure whether it changed to 4 hunts or whether the FTA just doesn't appear in their journal. I'm not brave enough to create a new FB account just to redo the tutorial myself, though. Does anyone have a friend just starting that can improve our notes? -- 12:51, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
- The whole thing has been revamped. I joined Hi5.com to try MH over there and see for myself the new changes. I'm making notes; but if you'd like to try it too, that's a way to see what the new players see. Major rewrite is needed for this article. -- camomiletea 02:45, 3 November 2010 (UTC)
- I'm wondering if it would be a better idea not to follow the in-game newbie guide closely, but rather make a general outline for newbies instead? -- Grexx 12:49, 3 November 2010 (UTC)
- I copied the text of the tutorial thing except for one message too. Hopefully, it's not the same message we both skipped ;) I'm missing the bit just after: "What? Where did... Hey! A cheeky Dwarf Mouse just stole my sandwich! Let's get your trap set up now so that you can help me catch that thieving rodent!" -- camomiletea 01:55, 8 November 2010 (UTC)