MHWiki:Manual of Style - Bases
- 1 Adding New Bases to the Wiki
- 2 Base Page Layout
Adding New Bases to the Wiki
- New Bases need their own page. See the layout below.
- Create a Redirect for the base using its name without the word "Base", if necessary.
- Add the base to any disambiguations or related pages that may be appropriate. For example, a new Rift base is likely to need to be added the Riftwalker Set page.
- Add the new base and its stats to the Bases page.
- Any information about the base that is likely to become stale ("most powerful", "strongest", etc.) should either be placed in the History and Trivia section or avoided completely.
Base Page Layout
The Base pages are as laid out below. This can also be used as the basic structure in creating a new Base page. Note that the sections should always be laid out in the order in which they are shown below, which is in the order of importance that most players will consider the information.
Bold the base name wherever it appears on the page to help guide the user's eye to relevant info. Follow the bolding and capitalization conventions outlined in the included examples to help provide a consistent look and feel to the various base pages.
Article starts with an optional very brief editor's description of the base. Details should be left for the various sections below the InfoBox.
The Bacon Base is a Limited Edition base and can no longer be acquired by Hunters.
The Birthday Cake Base is only available during MouseHunt's Birthday events.
The Claw Shot Base has special bonuses when used in Claw Shot City.
Follow that info with the Base Template.
This section should always be included.
Include a bolded note about availability if the base is not limited edition but can only be acquired during certain events.
There are a few possibilities in this section:
Example of a reconstruction formula:
Note: Certain bases have special sections that should be used. Use existing base pages as a guide for placement. Examples include bases in the Riftwalker Set.
Use this section if a base has specific effects in a small number of locations.
Use this section if effects are not location based.
Both sections areoptional. Include any special effects when paired with specific bases or charms, special loot effects, or effects on specific mice.
History and Trivia
Combined Trap Effectiveness
Due to the very, very large number of trap/base combinations, this section will no longer be used on the individual weapon and base pages.