Your Work Inspires
Hi Camomiletea, really appreciate the help with checking the Mouse pages for lost information and putting it back in :)
-- Grexx 08:07, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
|In recognition of the excellent contributions that Camomiletea has made to the MH Wiki.|
-- Grexx 21:39, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
Some notable contributions:
- Helping recover lost information about Mice loot drop frequency.
- Putting lots of effort into making Location Quick Reference a reality, starting from discussions on the old General Path article.
As a relatively new player, I greatly appreciate the effort you've put into making this wiki useful. I'd suggest, though, that the wiki should keep all the individual pages for the minor crafting items. The master list is definitely worth having, but, for instance, there is no longer any information about how to get Ethereal Rope other than to go to the Jungle of Dread and just hunt.
When you removed the main article on Ethereal Rope, you mentioned that it was too short. On Wikipedia, I'd agree with you, but on a closed-universe wiki like this one, it seems to me that we'd be better off having all the articles so that hunters can find what information is available and so that there's a place to put further info if it turns up.
What are your thoughts? (And if this issue has been discussed elsewhere, please point me to the conversation!)
Chrylis 02:26, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
- The info on obtaining Ethereal Rope is located within the Jungle of Dread article, in the Mice section... I agree it could be made clearer; I actually argued against only putting the location. Previously the specific mice were listed who dropped the loot. You can read the discussion, and add your input over here: Talk:Crafting#Cleanup_of_Crafting_article (and please do, I need some support!) -- Camomiletea 02:59, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
Regarding your comment yesterday regarding the blingbot: "DeathBot (Chrome Edition) Needs full-res image Replacement needed"
I have the blingbot, but haven't done anything with images on the wiki ... where do I upload the image to? Do I use the enlarged camp page image? (i.e., the one which will also show base + cheese?) WyndStryke 19:29, 26 September 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, the enlarged camp page image is fine. If you can, we've previously tried to standardize the images with a regular Wooden base and no bait (e.g. you can equip cheddar and sell it to the shop) -- there are a lot of images that don't follow the standard though... I see a lot of images are hosted on ImageShack or Tinypic... -- Camomiletea 19:50, 26 September 2009 (UTC)
Hi Camomiletea, just noticed that the http://pics.livejournal.com banner images that are linked for Clearing, GGT and Lagoon are coming up with an error message. Do you still have them and are you able to re-upload please? No hurry, I'm slowly going to make my way around, adding all the current banners since there's now the 'stepped' wooden bit, rather than the smooth arc. :) Lamballs 16:38, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- This sometimes happens with livejournal... The picture may or may not come back. I have a smaller "preview" image created out of it (http://pics.livejournal.com/camomiletea/pic/000stdk7/s640x480), but no original one (can't reupload). -- camomiletea 17:05, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- I just thought of the MHWiki:Image_Links which is one place to check for duplicate image links in case one goes down; unfortunately nobody duplicated the location banner images other than the King's Gauntlet. -- camomiletea 17:09, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
I have a question, and I believe it will lead to a lengthy discussion; Why have you removed the power rankings from all the traps? I did not see any discussion on doing so recently, but maybe I missed some kind of decision on the issue. I have always found that information helpful, and I think many other have as well. I know that the power statistic is not the only important thing to consider when deciding on which trap to use/buy for a specific situation, but I do not think that it a harmful statistic to have. I wonder what your thought process on this was? Do you feel the ranking is no longer accurate, or that they need to recalculated based upon some new information? Do you worry that by ranking them as the "Most Powerful" trap that some readers may equate that to "Best" trap of its power type? My concern is that I have not found any charts/lists that one can easily use to compare all the traps of a power type to see which is the "best" for a particular situation. --Niehusa 01:49, 25 December 2009 (UTC)
Okay...I stand corrected, I have apparently never looked down far enough on the traps page to see that there is tabulated data on all the traps. I understand the reasoning for this move, but I still think that it could be presented in a better format somehow. I think that smaller charts of just a single power type would be very nice, as the charts we have can not be sorted by more than one attribute at a time. --niehusa 02:13, 25 December 2009 (UTC)
- The discussions happened a while ago, and a task was submitted to remove the rankings from the individual trap articles. The reasoning is that all the Nth stuff gets obsolete every time there's a new trap, and it's really hard to keep track and update every individual page (we don't have enough people contributing to the Wiki on a regular basis to maintain the accuracy of information). Additionally, the traps can be compared on the overall Traps page much more easily by sorting the columns for the features you are interested in. Actually the charts can be sorted by more than one attribute at a time. You just have to go in reverse order. E.g. sort by luck first, then by power type, and you get a sorting of traps by luck within each power type. It works like in the Excel spreadsheet. -- Camomiletea 03:32, 25 December 2009 (UTC)
Your livejournal is down
- Are you sure? The pictures display fine for me? How long has it been down for you? Thanks. -- camomiletea 02:37, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, I'm sure. I get a 404 http://i.imgur.com/3trbk.png. It's been like this for a couple hours now. This is the image of yours in question: http://pics.livejournal.com/camomiletea/pic/000zbapf.png.Victor.Songtalk 04:21, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
- I found it. It's a Spicy Havarti link. It's supposed to be in my gallery -- thumbnail is still there, but the full version doesn't work. I'll contact tech support. -- camomiletea 17:01, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
- I checked all the other MH-related images and they seemed to be fine... It might be simplest to just replace the broken link, because I'm not sure how long it would take to restore the picture or if it's restorable at all. -- camomiletea 19:02, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
Feedback on bases
I took a stab at improving the base articles. My goals were to make the language more neutral while providing useful information and attempting to make the articles more consistent. Can you look this over and let me know what you think? -- Ralphminer 17:59, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
- Hi! Thanks for working on this. I think it's an improvement. At this point I'm just confused about that task. There are still rankings in the bases articles (e.g. highest / third-highest), but I don't know what else we could say about the bases in order to avoid rankings altogether. Soo... Meh. I'd ask User:Grexx who set up that task to see what his opinion is. -- camomiletea 04:19, 20 June 2010 (UTC)
I think it works pretty much the same in MH3 as in MH2 they just not officially of some type, but have certain weaknesses. That seem to be just simple rewording. But OK, that might have been confusing for new users. --Nux 20:47, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
Hi Camomiletea in fact I don't think these are going to slow down the performance. The size of the page rendered is not proportionate to the size of the wiki code. so reducing the code is not making much of difference IMHO. --Bencmq 15:12, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- Okay, maybe I'm just a little obsessive ;) It just looks cleaner, maybe make work easier for future editors. -- camomiletea 17:53, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- but don't forget readers first, then editors. --Bencmq 10:22, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
Hi Camomiletea, may I know how you got this image? I'm trying to replace that with the standardized image with wooden base, but I only managed to get a smaller version like this by saving it to the FB album. Did you stretch it digitally or is it inherently of a better resolution? Thanks in advance! :) YiKai 10:11, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
I got it from the artist's Facebook page and made no alterations. I know we try to standardize the image but at the time there was no image at all. --camomiletea 16:15, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- I see. I've replaced it with the standardized image. YiKai 20:31, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
Scruffy and White Cheddar
I noticed on your user page that you intended to test whether the Scruffy Mouse can be attracted to White Cheddar, seeing as its a White/Brown hybrid. It just so happens that I've been hunting at the Windmill today in an effort to get the Spud Egg, and I've managed to catch eight Scruffy mice over the past few hours while using White Cheddar as bait. I know you posted that some time ago, so please forgive me if you've already tested it, but I thought I'd share my results with you in case you hadn't gotten around to it and were still wanting to know. Anyway, hope you're having a good day. Cheers! —MearsMan talk 20:28, 9 April 2012 (UTC)
I noticed you were trying to track missing images by hand. For Mice and trap components (anything that goes through a template), this is now done automatically via the template page. Check out Category:Missing Image... -- 17:09, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
- excellent! Thank you. -- camomiletea 19:31, 22 July 2014 (UTC)