Buy exciting traps and delicious cheese with this!
Gold is the currency of MouseHunt. It is earned by catching mice and, to a lesser extent, accepting rewards from the King. It can also be obtained through loot drops such as a Satchel of Gold or by returning surplus cheese, traps and crafting materials for a refund at the respective shops. All hunters also receive an hourly wage of 50 gold from the King.
Gold can be exchanged for traps, cheese, crafting materials, marketplace items, traveling, repairing maps at the Cartographer, and raffle tickets. When transferring gold via the Give To Friends option, the King charges a 10% tariff.
In some Locations, failure to catch a mouse can sometimes result in the mouse stealing extra gold from the hunter. However, if a hunter has less gold on hand than what a particular breed of mouse typically steals, then failure to catch that mouse will not result in a loss of gold.
If the hunter has an extremely low amount of gold, the following message is displayed:
- You are stricken with poverty!
- The King pays all his active hunters a wage of 50 gold an hour, so fear not if you do not have enough to purchase bait.
Hunters can receive 5% extra gold, capped at 1,800, when using a Wealth Charm (only mice worth more than 36,000 gold will drop less than 5%).
Satchel of Gold
The gold contained in this satchel is instantly awarded to the hunter upon being collected. This item does not appear in a hunter's inventory.
Satchels of Gold are dropped by mice as follows:
- 222 gold pieces – Red Envelope Mouse in the Heart of the Tiger Party during the Heart of the Tiger event.
- 250 gold pieces – Archer Mouse in the Training Grounds and Pirate Mouse in the Harbour.
- 500 gold pieces – Kung Fu, Nugget, and Samurai mice.
- 750 gold pieces
- 888 gold pieces – Red Envelope Mouse in the Heart of the Tiger Party during the Heart of the Tiger event.
- 1,000 gold pieces
- 2,000 gold pieces
- 2,011 gold pieces – New Year's during The Great Winter Hunt 2010
- 4,000 gold pieces - Stuck Snowball during the Extreme Toboggan Challenge
- 5,000 gold pieces
- 10,000 gold pieces – Big Bad Burroughs, Dojo Sensei and Silth mice.
- 15,000 gold pieces – Big Bad Burroughs and Silth mice.
- 20,000 gold pieces – Big Bad Burroughs mouse.
- 50,000 – Chrono mice.
Satchels of Gold can also be found as follows:
- 1,000 gold pieces – in Low Charge Eggs, Stolen Birthday Gifts, and War Supplies
- 5,000 gold pieces – in Gifts dropped by Elf and Abominable Snow mice around Christmas 2008, Medium Charge Eggs, and War Supplies
- 10,000 gold pieces – in High Charge Eggs, Ronza's Green Satchels of Surprise, Stolen Birthday Gifts, and War Supplies
- 50,000 gold pieces – in Mysterious Boxes and War Supplies