|Number of Mice:||23|
|Release Date:||10 April 2008|
|Full of fresh air and plenty of sunshine, the Harbour seems to attract the types of mice who boast of sea salt in their veins.|
The Harbour is a location in the Gnawnia region requiring a minimum rank of Initiate to enter.
The Harbour is the first area Hunters will access where mice can steal gold, points, or extra cheese and where they can visit a Cartographer and purchase a Treasure Map.
Hunters accessing the Harbour for the first time will only have access to Physical weapons, but the mice here have a weakness to all Power Types, except the Pirate Mouse, Barmy Gunner, Bilged Boatswain, Cabin Boy, Corrupt Commodore, and Dashing Buccaneer which have a weakness only to Hydro, Physical and Tactical weapons.
Hunters must capture a Pirate Mouse to obtain a pirate bounty. When Hunters begin the search for the mice listed on the crew manifest provided by the Pirate Mouse, the Pirate Crew mice are added to the mouse population of the Harbour. Capturing all 3 mice listed on the crew manifest will reward the player with booty from the pirate bounty. Hunters must claim 5 Pirate Bounties which each reward A Map Scrap used to complete the Calm Clearing Map Piece.
The Harbour HUD tracks the Hunter's open Pirate Bounty and progress on claiming the Calm Clearing Map Piece.
- When Hunters first enter the Harbour, the HUD shows the following message:
- Pirate ships are besieging the Harbour!
- Catch a Pirate Mouse to reveal the crew manifest and recover stolen Map Scraps!
- It also includes an image of a blank map in five pieces.
- Capturing a Pirate Mouse changes the HUD to the following:
- The Pirate Mouse sang like a canary!
- He gave you clues on how to find his pirate crew…
- Begin Search
- Selecting Begin Search will reveal the ship crew manifest showing the 3 Pirate Crew mice that must be captured to complete the bounty. All 5 Pirate Crew mice will be added to the mouse population and can be attracted until the final mouse on the manifest is caught. The 5 mice are then removed from the mouse population and will not return until Hunters begin another bounty. The Pirate Mouse will continue to appear in the mouse population, but will not provide a new bounty until any open bounties are claimed.
- An open bounty shows the following on the HUD:
- Capturing a mouse on the bounty will check it off on the HUD and creates a journal entry:
- I caught a member of the pirate crew!
- It looks like this one was the ship's [crew position]. I found some clues about where they're hiding their ill-gotten loot!
- Catching the last crew member creates a journal entry:
- I caught a member of the pirate crew!
- It looks like this one was the ship's [crew position].
- This was the last member of the crew - time to loot their ship's pirate booty!
- Capturing the final mouse will highlight the Claim Booty button on the HUD. Claiming the bounty opens a pop-up showing its contents and creates a journal entry:
- I captured the crew of [Ship Name], and plundered the ship's Pirate Booty!
- I looted:
- [List of bounty loot]
- With the crew defeated, the King's Coast Guard quickly scuttled the rogue vessel, sending it to the bottom of the ocean.
- There are always more pirate crews to hunt!
- The first 5 bounties claimed will reward A Map Scrap that fills in the incomplete map in the HUD.
- Each bounty will also reward:
- 1,000 gold
- 1,000 points
- 1 - 3 pieces of a Standard Cheese
- Once all 5 map scraps have been recovered, the Assemble Map button is highlighted and Hunters can then assemble the Calm Clearing Map Piece and gain access to the Calm Clearing location.
- Because this method for obtaining the Calm Clearing Map Piece replaced an older method, Hunters who already own the Calm Clearing Map Piece will see a mouse-over on the HUD that reads:
- Greetings, experienced Hunter!
- While you've already found the path to the Calm Clearing, there are still pirates holding treasure nearby!
Almost all mice in this area are from the Indigenous Mice group and are weak to all Power Types.
The Pirate Mouse and Pirate Crew mice are part of the Aquatic Order and Hydro traps are very effective against them. Physical and Tactical traps are of normal effectiveness. All other Power Types are ineffective.
Pirate Mouse and Pirate Crew mice
Hunters must capture a Pirate Mouse in order to obtain a crew manifest that allows them to complete a Pirate Bounty. Opening a Pirate Bounty adds 5 Pirate Crew mice to the mouse population.
Pirate Crew mice are very plentiful while Pirate Bounties are active, but cannot be encountered without an open, uncompleted bounty.
Completing a bounty removes the Pirate Crew mice from the mouse population and claiming it will allow the Pirate Mouse to provide a new bounty.
Cheese Preference and Loot
Standard Cheese attracts most mice in the Harbour.
White Cheddar Cheese will reduce the mouse population by repelling the Brown, Grey, and White mice.
SUPER|brie+ will attract all mice in the Harbour.
| Mouse|| Points|| Gold|| Standard|
| Barmy Gunner|
| Bilged Boatswain|
| Black Widow|
|480||10||X|| Ancient Relic|
|Burglar||1,420||1,250||X||X|| Brie Cheese|
| Cabin Boy|
| Corrupt Commodore|
| Dashing Buccaneer|
|Granite||285||525||X||X||X||Calm Clearing Map Piece|
Provides Pirate Bounties that give access to the Pirate Crew mice
|350||2,750||X||X||X||Satchel of Gold (250)|
Mice with Special Requirements
- Relic Hunter Mouse – This mouse visits the Harbour on an irregular basis. It does not consume cheese or charms. Hunters must have an Ancient Relic in their inventory to attract this mouse. The Ancient Relic will be taken by the Relic Hunter Mouse in exchange for a Relic Hunter Scroll Case.
- M400 – This mouse will sometimes be available in the Harbour when Hunters are actively working an M400 Hunting Research Assignment. It is attracted only to Fusion Fondue which will not attract any other mice. It drops a wide variety of loot.
Mice in the Harbour are attracted to Standard Cheeses. All but six mice are weak to all Power Types, except the Pirate Mouse, Barmy Gunner, Bilged Boatswain, Cabin Boy, Corrupt Commodore, and Dashing Buccaneer which have a weakness only to Hydro, Physical and Tactical weapons.
Hunters who reach the Rank of Journeyman will be able to travel to the Mountain and the Calm Clearing. Hunters will need to collect 5 A Map Scraps from Pirate Bounties to obtain the Calm Clearing Map Piece which allows travel to the Calm Clearing.
- M400 Bait Research Assignment - This assignment may require Hunters to track down specific items from Harbour mice in order to complete it.
- M400 Hunting Research Assignment - This assignment may require capturing the M400 in the Harbour.
Harbour mice are worth points during some Tournaments.
Hunting tips by Larry
Welcome to the Harbour, MouseHunter! I just love that cool breeze that comes in off the ocean, don’t you?
Be on the lookout for the dangerous pirate crews that are raiding the Harbour! Pirate mice are rumored to be carrying Map Scraps that could lead you to a new area. Capture a Pirate Mouse to reveal and capture their crew manifest and recover the Map Scraps, and then combine them to add a new hunting location to your map!
These are the shops that can be found in the Harbour:
The Harbour is the first location Hunters will encounter with a Cartographer.
| Item|| Cost|| Refund||Requirement|
|Gnawnia Scroll Case|| 2|
|Icebreaker License||145,000||N/A|| 25,000,000|
points to equip
| Item|| Cost |
|Curds and Whey||12||3|
|Dehydration Base Blueprints||22,330||22,330|
Pirate Ship Names and Crew Positions
The pirate ships encountered in the Harbour have a wide variety of names and their crews fill many positions aboard their ships.
These names appear in the HUD, journal entries, and pop-ups when a bounty is active. Ship names have no relation to the Pirate Crew mice that will be found on a bounty.
This is an incomplete list.
|Angry Tavern||Armoured Cereal Box||Barnacle Baron||Bottle Betsy||Bottled Fury||C# Shanty|
|Depth Charge||Lutefisk Looter||Mutiny Inc.||Rancid Milk||Ripcurl||Scallywagon|
|Scurvy Doghouse||Sea Cow||Skullduggerous Scullery||Soggy Tiger||Tipsy Clipper||Upturned Casket|
These names appear in the journal entry when a mouse on an active bounty is captured. They are not associated with specific mice.
This is an incomplete list.
|"It looks like this one was the ship's..."|
|2nd Choice Mate||Able Seamouse||Anchor||Ballast||Barnacle Wrangler||Boatswain||Bosun||Cannonball Juggler|
|Cutlass Greaser||Dead Weight||Disciplinarian||Dolphin Whisperer||First Mate||Floater||Gunnery Sergeant||Iceberg Caller|
|Manicurist||Midshipmouse||Powder Monkey||Salt Blogger||Scribbler||Soggy Henchmouse||Stowaway||Swabbie|
|Unable Seamouse||Wannabe Captain||Weevil Herder|
History and Trivia
- Up until the end of May 2009, there was a ship in the Harbour as can be seen here. At the beginning of June, hunters noticed the ship was now sunken, leading to rumours of something lurking in the Harbour. These events were later explained by the release of the S.S. Huntington II area.
- 13 July 2010: The Spotted Mouse is added to the Harbour.
- 30 June 2010: The Fog, Magic, Pugilist, Scruffy, and Silvertail mice are added to the Harbour.
- 11 April 2017: The Harbour was updated with a new HUD, a new mechanic for obtaining the Calm Clearing Map Piece, and Pirate Crews. 5 new Pirate Crew mice were added: Barmy Gunner, Bilged Boatswain, Cabin Boy, Corrupt Commodore, and Dashing Buccaneer.
- 11 April 2017: Larry's Hunting Tips were updated. This sentence was removed and replaced with text relevant to the new Pirate Crew content. The original text read: