Great Gnarled Tree
- 1 Overview
- 2 Great Gnarled Tree Mice
- 3 Hunting Strategy
- 4 Shops
- 5 Links
|Great Gnarled Tree|
|Region: Whisker Woods|
|Travel Requirement:||Great Gnarled Tree Map Piece|
|Number of Mice:||22|
|Release Date:||09 April 2009|
|At the edge of Whisker Woods lies a tree older than Gnawnia itself. Its magic roots stretch far underground and deep into the woods, giving life to the other trees. The shadow it casts is so massive that it began to affect the surrounding area through time, blocking necessary light from other trees. As a result, the other trees seem almost alive as they bend back and forth, seeking out the light.|
The Great Gnarled Tree is a location in the Whisker Woods region requiring a minimum rank of Master and the Great Gnarled Tree Map Piece to enter.
Mice in the Great Gnarled Tree cannot steal gold or points, but can steal cheese if not caught.
Mice in the Great Gnarled Tree are primarily weak to Tactical weapons. Arcane, Hydro, Law, Physical and Shadow weapons can also be used, though they may perform less well.
Great Gnarled Tree Mice
The majority of the mice found in the Great Gnarled Tree are part of the Forest Guild group and are primarily weak to Tactical weapons. These mice also have a weakness to Arcane, Hydro, Law, Physical and Shadow weapons.
The Bat Mouse is part of The Shadow Clan group and is primarily weak to Shadow weapons. Tactical weapons are less effective against the Bat Mouse, but Arcane, Forgotten, and Physical weapons are of normal effectiveness.
The Black Widow, Dwarf, and Nibbler mice are part of the Indigenous group and are weak to all Power Types.
Cheese Preference and Loot
Standard Cheese attracts most mice in the Great Gnarled Tree.
Gnarled Cheese is required to attract the Curious Chemist Mouse.
SUPER|brie+ will attract all mice in the Great Gnarled Tree, except the Curious Chemist Mouse.
Wicked Gnarly Cheese
|Curious Chemist||2,400||400||X||Wicked Gnarly Potion|
|Fairy||5,775||930||X||X||X||Map of the Lagoon|
|Wicked Witch of Whisker Woods||400||2,700||X||X||X|
Mice with Special Requirements
- Relic Hunter Mouse – This mouse visits the Great Gnarled Tree on an irregular basis. It does not consume cheese or charms. Hunters must have an Ancient Relic in their inventory to attract this mouse. The Ancient Relic will be taken by the Relic Hunter Mouse in exchange for a Relic Hunter Scroll Case.
- M400 – This mouse will sometimes be available in the Great Gnarled Tree when Hunters are actively working an M400 Hunting Research Assignment. It is attracted only to Fusion Fondue which will not attract any other mice. It drops a wide variety of loot.
- M400 Hunting Research Assignment - This assignment may require capturing the M400 in the Great Gnarled Tree.
- Zurreal Trap Research Assignment - This assignment requires Hunters to collect 1 Desert Travel Almanac from a Centaur Mouse in the Great Gnarled Tree or Lagoon.
Hunting tips by Larry
Welcome to the Great Gnarled Tree. Watch your step, it's a long way down!
A Trapsmith has set up shop upon the highest branch of the tree and has a unique Tactical trap for sale. You'll find this trap more effective against some of the mice that dwell in and around the Great Gnarled Tree.
These are the shops that can be found in the Great Gnarled Tree.
|Whisker Woods Scroll Case||3
|Bolt of Cloth||3,000||3,000|
|Curds and Whey||12||3|
|King's Reserve Bubbleh||210,000||210,000|
|Wooden Base with Target||1,225||225||650|
points to equip
|Swiss Army Mouse Trap||Physical||68,895||12,405||45,500|
points to equip
|Venus Mouse Trap||Tactical||299,650||53,940||490,500|
points to equip