MHWiki:Manual of Style - Weapons
- 1 Adding New Weapons to the Wiki
- 2 Weapon Page Layout
Adding New Weapons to the Wiki
- New Weapons need their own page. See the layout below.
- Create a Redirect for the weapon using its name without the word "Trap", if necessary.
- Add the trap to any disambiguations or related pages that may be appropriate. For example, a new Rift trap is likely to need to be added the Riftwalker Set page.
- Add the new trap and its stats to the Weapons page and to the appropriate section of the Power Type page. Tables in both places have the same layout, so you'll only need to copy and paste the entry from one into the other.
- Any information about the trap that is likely to become stale ("most powerful", "strongest", etc.) should either be placed in the History and Trivia section or avoided completely.
Weapon Page Layout
The Weapon pages are as laid out below. This can also be used as the basic structure in creating a new Weapon page. Note that the sections should always be laid out in the order in which they are shown below, which is in the order of importance that most players will consider the information.
Bold the trap name wherever it appears on the page to help guide the user's eye to relevant info. Follow the bolding and capitalization conventions outlined in the included examples to help provide a consistent look and feel to the various weapons pages.
Article starts with a very brief editor's description of the weapon. Details should be left for the various sections below the InfoBox.
The Ancient Gauntlet is a Limited Edition Physical weapon.
Follow that info with the Weapon Template.
This section should always be included.
Include a bolded note about availability if the weapon is not limited edition but can only be acquired during certain events.
There are a few possibilities in this section:
The Ambush Trap (if unintentionally smashed) can be reassembled from Ambush Trap Parts.
Use this section if a weapon has specific effects in a small number of locations.
Use this section if effects are not location based.
Both sections areoptional. Include any special effects when paired with specific bases or charms, special loot effects, or effects on specific mice.
This section is optional. It should be included when there is a skin available for the weapon, such as Costumed Ambush Skin for Ambush.
This section is optional. It should be included when the weapon is available for smashing, such as Obelisk of Slumber and Mouse DeathBot. The section header should also include a link to the Hunter's Hammer article.
History and Trivia
Combined Trap Effectiveness
Due to the very, very large number of trap/base combinations, this section will no longer be used on the individual weapon and base pages.