- 1 Overview
- 2 Gameplay Mechanics
- 3 Heads-Up Display
- 4 Mice
- 5 Hunting Strategy
- 6 Location-Specific Effects
- 7 Shops
- 8 History and Trivia
- 9 Images
|Number of Mice:||36|
|Event Starts:||12 October 2022|
|Shutdown Phase 1 Starts:||2 November 2022|
|Shutdown Phase 2 Starts:||9 November 2022|
|Shops Close:||16 November 2022|
|A dark and dangerous forest that earned its moniker from its blanket of billowing green fog and the inescapable sense of dread that envelops all those who dare approach it. The trees seem to close around you, choking out the light, while the shadows of the unknown dance in the distance behind the glow of a mysterious hut.
A very spooky place indeed!
The 2022 Halloween event takes place in Gloomy Greenwood in Burroughs region.
It requires the rank of Recruit.
During this event, the Hunter aims to ultimately capture Baba Gaga.
That requires the Hunter to hunt through several stages with corresponding types of cheese, each with its own mouse pool and loot.
Mice here also drop Mousedrake Root, which can be brewed into Evil Extract to purchase Potions from the Apothecary.
In this location, the Brewing mechanic is in effect.
- There are 2 Cauldrons: Cauldron I and Cauldron II.
- Each cauldron can be used to convert certain ingredients to respective products.
- In addition to 1 brewing batch, the Hunter can queue up to 2 more batches for each cauldron.
- The conversion takes 15 hunts to finish.
- Upon finish, the brewing product is automatically added to the Hunter's inventory. The next batch in queue is put into the cauldron.
- The process can be fasten with the use of Reactive Reagent. Each Reagent let the Hunter skip 1 hunt in a cauldron of their choice. This can only be done if the number of Reagent is enough to finish the batch early.
|15 Pungent Pumpkin||10 Monterey Jack-O-Lantern|
|15 Marshmarrow||10 Bonefort Cheese|
|15 Ghost Pepper||10 Polter-Geitost|
|15 AvocAAAAHdo||10 Scream Cheese|
|15 Mousedrake Root||10 Evil Extract|
The number of Evil Extract brewed is tracked. Each milestone reached unlocks certain rewards. The rewards must be manually claimed.
|Cumulative Evil Extract
|Marginal Evil Extract
|1||1||25 Spooky Shuffle Ticket|
|3||2||10 Super Spooky Charm|
|6||3||1 Cursed Skull|
|10||4||10 Extreme Spooky Charm|
|15||5||1 Cursed Skull|
|20||5||25 Spooky Shuffle Ticket|
|25||5||1 Stewing Cauldron Trap Skin|
|30||5||10 Ultimate Spooky Charm|
|35||5||1 Spooky Reward Box|
|40||5||2 Cursed Skull|
Obtaining the Aura
During the event, the Hunter can earn Cursed Skull by reaching milestones on the Reward Track, up to 4 Skulls.
Smashing each Skull grants 7 days of Spooky Aura.
- Grants 30% Power Bonus
- Adds Wealth Charm, Super Wealth Charm, Extreme Wealth Charm, and Ultimate Wealth Charm to mouse loot pool
- Adds Cursed Gold to mouse loot pool
- When a mouse drops Cursed Gold, the amount dropped is equal to the gold value of the mouse.
See here for this year's contents
The HUD can be divided into 3 parts: Top, Middle, and Bottom.
The top part shows:
- The current Reward Track status
- A REWARDS button to bring out the Reward Track interface
- Graphic indicators which change depending on currently armed cheese
- 0: Standard Cheese / Old Halloween Cheese / No cheese armed
- 1: Monterey Jack-O-Lantern
- 2: Bonefort Cheese
- 3: Polter-Geitost
- 4: Scream Cheese
- Window - from top to bottom in the image:
- Scream Cheese
- Bonefort Cheese
- Monterey Jack-O-Lantern
- Standard Cheese / Old Halloween Cheese / No cheese armed
- The Hunter's inventory of Spooky Shuffle Ticket
- A Spooky Shuffle button to bring out the Spooky Shuffle interface
- A ? button to bring out a brief overview of the event.
The middle part show the boiling cauldrons.
The bottom part shows the Hunter's inventory of:
- Reactive Reagent
- Various Standard Cheese
- Brewing products and ingredients
All mice found in this location are part of Halloween sub-group of Event Mice mouse group.
Most power types (except Parental) are effective against these mice.
Each type of cheese attracts its own unique mouse pool and loot. The loot can be brewed into corresponding products.
Using Insidious Incense generates 1 extra when one of those loot is dropped by mice.
Detailed attraction pool and loot is shown below.
Hunting Tips by Larry
A coughing figure emerges from the trees in a plume of smoke. As they fan the smoke away, you recognize the familiar face of Larry!
He extinguishes a small flame from the tip of his Moustache as he greets you.
Greetings Hunter and welcome to the Gloomy Greenwood!
The good news is we finally found a way into this dark and mysterious place! The bad news is someone else beat us to it!
I was sent out with a small band of the King's finest to discover the source of the green smoke that has been billowing out of this murky wooded area recently. To our surprise, we stumbled upon a tiny, chicken-legged hut that seems to have just wandered in to roost in the middle of the woods! We approached cautiously and heard the most wonderfully horrific vocalizations coming from the creature inside. The angelic voice echoed through the trees as it sang a soothing but unsettling song that sent shivers down my spine.
I looked inside and couldn't believe my eyes! It was Baba Gaga! THE Baba Gaga! Known throughout Gnawnia for her mastery of dark magic, alchemy, and the performing arts! I always thought she was just a legend but boy was I wrong! Her captivating performance was accompanied by dancing cauldrons that hung on her every word as they bubbled and brewed up batches of strange and potent cheeses as well as another dark and sinister-looking solution that was hastily bottled and put away before Baba Gaga exited the hut.
The whole forest seemed to be enchanted by Baba Gaga's hypnotic voice. She appeared to be using this mystical melody to enthrall the mice of the Gloomy Greenwood by offering unparalleled strength, unlimited wealth, and unimaginable power! She sang tales of how the mice of Gnawnia would rise up and overthrow the King and his Hunters as long as they continued to gather and bring her the precious ingredients she needed to complete her sinister concoctions.
The King needs your help in putting a stop to Baba Gaga's dastardly plot and the only way to do it is to use her own cauldrons and recipes against her!
You must use Baba Gaga's Recipe Book and her two enchanted cauldrons to brew up batches of bait to lure different groups of mice out of the woods. Each mouse group is partial to gathering specific ingredients and has a penchant for a particular type of cheese. Start hunting with any Standard Bait (or your old Halloween cheeses) and gather up the first ingredient to get started. Consult the recipe book and it will tell you what you need to do.
The cauldrons themselves are magical and will automatically brew any recipe that you throw into them! They are even capable of starting new brews on their own if you have enough excess ingredients to queue them up!
You must brew your way up to Scream Cheese as that's the only thing shrill enough to interrupt Baba Gaga's enchanting melody and lure her out of hiding. Capture that frighteningly talented witch and put an end to her nefarious plan!
Baba Gaga's most sought after ingredient is a dangerously powerful herb called Mousedrake Root. Only the spookiest mice in the Gloomy Greenwood are daring enough to collect it in large quantities. Unlike all other ingredients that grow in these woods, Mousedrake Root is the only one capable of brewing Baba Gaga's secret weapon: Evil Extract. This wicked liquid is what Baba Gaga uses to create the most powerful and valuable potions that Gnawnia has ever known! I recommend brewing up as much Evil Extract as you can and exchanging it in the General Store for some of her coveted concoctions!
Hunt these spooky mice, collect their ingredients, and brew up your own batches of bone-chilling baits and Evil Extract! Master the cauldrons until you can brew something loud enough to attract Baba Gaga's attention.
Be wary once the singing stops...
Triple, Triple Toil and Trouble
Gather your courage and head deep into the Gloomy Greenwoods to face the monstrous, yet gorgeous, Baba Gaga! Learn her sinister recipes and use them to brew up some bubbling batches of bloodcurdling bait! Master the alchemical arts and bring down Baba Gaga with her own boiling cauldrons!
Brew Monterey Jack-O-Lantern Cheese
- Collect Pungent Pumpkin by hunting with Basic Bait
- Brew a batch of Monterey Jack-O-Lantern Cheese
Brew Bonefort Cheese
- Collect Marshmarrow by hunting with Monterey Jack-O-Lantern Cheese
- Brew a batch of Bonefort Cheese
Brew Polter-Geitost Cheese
- Collect Ghost Pepper by hunting with Bonefort Cheese
- Brew a batch of Polter-Geitost Cheese
Brew Scream Cheese
- Collect AvocAAAAHdo by hunting with Polter-Geitost Cheese
- Brew a batch of Scream Cheese
Brew an Evil Extract
- Collect Mousedrake Root by hunting with any brewed cheese.
- Brew 15 Mousedrake Root in a cauldron to distill a batch of Evil Extract for purchasing potions!
Capture Baba Gaga
- Catch Baba Gaga using Scream Cheese
This adventure takes place in:
- 50,000 Cursed Gold
- 50,000 Points
- 50 King's Credits
- 30 Spooky Shuffle Tickets
- Spooky Shuffle Dust
- Boiling Cauldron Trap - Baba Gaga's Boon
- Stats bonuses:
- 1,000 Power
- 10% Power Bonus
- 15% Attraction Bonus
- 5 Luck
- Increased chance to produce a specialty potion
- Stats bonuses:
- Soul Catcher - has a bonus of 10 Luck
- Soul Harvester - has a bonus of 10 Luck
- Terrifying Spider Trap - has a bonus of 10 Luck
These are the shops that can be found in Gloomy Greenwood.
|Cheddar Cheese||10 Gold||None||10 Gold|
|Marble Cheese||50 Gold||None||50 Gold|
|Swiss Cheese||100 Gold||None||100 Gold|
|Brie Cheese||200 Gold||None||200 Gold|
|Gouda Cheese||600 Gold||None||600 Gold|
|Eerie Base||120,000 gold||None||N/A|
|Eerier Base||320,000 gold||1 Eerie Base||N/A|
|Alchemist's Cookbook Base||450,000 gold||None||N/A|
|Boiling Cauldron Trap||Arcane||2,260,600 gold||None||N/A|
|Super Spooky Charm||1,000 gold
2 Spooky Charm
|Extreme Spooky Charm||5,000 gold
2 Super Spooky Charm
|Ultimate Spooky Charm||10,000 gold
2 Extreme Spooky Charm
|Sealed Treat Scroll Case||1 Ancient Relic||None||N/A|
|Sealed Trick Scroll Case||3 Ancient Relic||None||N/A|
History and Trivia
- When the Hunter travels to the Gloomy Greenwood via clicking the travel shortcut located in the Travel page, the following message can be seen:
- Following Larry's directions I make it to the hut. I recite the rhyme: "Hut of brown, now sit down" and the door creaks open...