Master the Magic of the Boiling Cauldrons
- 1 Overview
- 2 HUD
- 3 Reward Track
- 4 Spooky Aura
- 5 Spooky Shuffle
- 6 Mice Available at Gloomy Greenwood
- 7 Hunting Strategy
- 8 Shops
- 9 History and Trivia
- 10 Links
|Master the Magic of the Boiling Cauldrons|
|Number of Mice:||36|
|Event Starts:||13 October 2021|
|Event Finishes:||2 November 2021|
|Shoppes Close:||9 November 2021|
|A dark and dangerous forest that earned its moniker from its blanket of billowing green fog and the inescapable sense of dread that envelops all those who dare approach it. The trees seem to close around you, choking out the light, while the shadows of the unknown dance in the distance behind the glow of a mysterious hut.
A very spooky place indeed!
Hunters aim to defeat Baba Gaga and her minions by using the cauldrons in the location. They should collect various ingredients from the mice in the Gloomy Greenwood and then put those ingredients into the cauldrons in order to start brewing up different varieties of cheese, each of which attract a distinct pool of mice.
When hunting with any type of brewed cheese, the Gloomy Greenwood mice will drop an ingredient called Mousedrake Root, which is used to brew Evil Extract. Evil Extract is then used as currency to purchase items from the shops in the Gloomy Greenwood, the highlight being the potions found in the Apothecary.
As part of the Halloween event, brewing up batches of Evil Extract also allows Hunters to gain rewards from the Reward Track. Finally, the Spooky Shuffle from previous Halloween events has returned with some new items from the Floating Islands and its expansion, the Empyrean Sky Palace.
The HUD can be divided into roughly three parts horizontally: each of these parts are covered in more detail below.
From left to right, the Hunter can access:
- A tracker showing the Hunter how many more marginal batches of Evil Extract must be brewed in order to reach the next cumulative milestone on the Reward Track
- A link showing the description of the unique reward at the next cumulative Evil Extract milestone on the Reward Track
- A link showing the entire Reward Track
- Graphic indicators which change depending on what cheese the Hunter arms:
- Window – from top to bottom in the image:
- Standard Cheese / Old Halloween Cheese and Scream Cheese
- Bonefort Cheese
- Monterey Jack-O-Lantern
- Unused art asset
- A tracker for Spooky Shuffle Tickets and a link to play the Spooky Shuffle
- A link that gives a brief overview of the event, summarised from the newspost
From left to right, the Hunter can access:
- A tracker for Reactive Reagent, its description and a shortcut link to the Premium Shop for purchasing it via donation
- Various trackers for the bait used in the Gloomy Greenword as well as the respective ingredients used to craft them:
- Basic Bait including:
- Monterey Jack-O-Lantern – Arm and disarm / Quick-brewing
- Pungent Pumpkin's description
- Bonefort Cheese – Arm and disarm / Quick-brewing
- Marshmarrow's description
- Polter-Geitost – Arm and disarm / Quick-brewing
- Ghost Pepper's description
- Scream Cheese – Arm and disarm / Quick-brewing
- AvocAAAAHdo's description
- Tracker for Evil Extract – Quick-brewing
- Tracker for Mousedrake Root and its description
|Cumulative Evil Extract
|Marginal Evil Extract
|1||1||10 Gloomy Gathering Charm|
|3||2||1 Boiling Cauldron Trap|
|6||3||1 Cursed Skull|
|10||4||1 Alchemist's Cookbook Base|
|15||5||1 Cursed Skull|
|20||5||1 Steaming Pumpkin Spice Latte Trap Skin|
|25||5||1 Gloomy Greenwood Journal Theme|
|30||5||10 Ultimate Spooky Charm|
|35||5||1 Spooky Reward Box|
|40||5||2 Cursed Skulls|
Crushing a Cursed Skull will award you one week of the Spooky Aura from the time of crushing.
When the Spooky Aura is active, Hunters will receive:
- 30% Power Bonus
- Chance to find Wealth Charm, Super Wealth Charm, Extreme Wealth Charm and Ultimate Wealth Charm
- Chance to find Cursed Gold.
See here for this year's contents
Mice Available at Gloomy Greenwood
- The Gloomy Gathering Charm adds +1 to all AvocAAAAHdo, Ghost Pepper, Marshmarrow, Mousedrake Root and Pungent Pumpkin drops.
Hunting Tips by Larry
A coughing figure emerges from the trees in a plume of smoke. As they fan the smoke away, you recognize the familiar face of Larry!
He extinguishes a small flame from the tip of his Moustache as he greets you.
Greetings Hunter and welcome to the Gloomy Greenwoods!
The good news is we finally found a way into this dark and mysterious place! The bad news is someone else beat us to it!
I was sent out with a small band of the King's finest to discover the source of the green smoke that has been billowing out of this murky wooded area recently. To our surprise, we stumbled upon a tiny, chicken-legged hut that seems to have just wandered in to roost in the middle of the woods! We approached cautiously and heard the most wonderfully horrific vocalizations coming from the creature inside. The angelic voice echoed through the trees as it sang a soothing but unsettling song that sent shivers down my spine.
I looked inside and couldn't believe my eyes! It was Baba Gaga! THE Baba Gaga! Known throughout Gnawnia for her mastery of dark magic, alchemy, and the performing arts! I always thought she was just a legend but boy was I wrong! Her captivating performance was accompanied by dancing cauldrons that hung on her every word as they bubbled and brewed up batches of strange and potent cheeses as well as another dark and sinister-looking solution that was hastily bottled and put away before Baba Gaga exited the hut.
The whole forest seemed to be enchanted by Baba Gaga's hypnotic voice. She appeared to be using this mystical melody to enthrall the mice of the Gloomy Greenwoods by offering unparalleled strength, unlimited wealth, and unimaginable power! She sang tales of how the mice of Gnawnia would rise up and overthrow the King and his Hunters as long as they continued to gather and bring her the precious ingredients she needed to complete her sinister concoctions.
The King needs your help in putting a stop to Baba Gaga's dastardly plot and the only way to do it is to use her own cauldrons and recipes against her!
You must use Baba Gaga's Recipe Book and her two enchanted cauldrons to brew up batches of bait to lure different groups of mice out of the woods. Each mouse group is partial to gathering specific ingredients and has a penchant for a particular type of cheese. Start hunting with any Standard Bait (or your old Halloween cheeses) and gather up the first ingredient to get started. Consult the recipe book and it will tell you what you need to do.
The cauldrons themselves are magical and will automatically brew any recipe that you throw into them! They are even capable of starting new brews on their own if you have enough excess ingredients to queue them up!
You must brew your way up to Scream Cheese as that's the only thing shrill enough to interrupt Baba Gaga's enchanting melody and lure her out of hiding. Capture that frighteningly talented witch and put an end to her nefarious plan!
Baba Gaga's most sought after ingredient is a dangerously powerful herb called Mousedrake Root. Only the spookiest mice in the Gloomy Greenwoods are daring enough to collect it in large quantities. Unlike all other ingredients that grow in these woods, Mousedrake Root is the only one capable of brewing Baba Gaga's secret weapon: Evil Extract. This wicked liquid is what Baba Gaga uses to create the most powerful and valuable potions that Gnawnia has ever known! I recommend brewing up as much Evil Extract as you can and exchanging it in the General Store for some of her coveted concoctions!
Hunt these spooky mice, collect their ingredients, and brew up your own batches of bone-chilling baits and Evil Extract! Master the cauldrons until you can brew something loud enough to attract Baba Gaga's attention.
Be wary once the singing stops...
Double, Double Toil and Trouble
Gather your courage and head deep into the Gloomy Greenwoods to face the monstrous, yet gorgeous, Baba Gaga! Learn her sinister recipes and use them to brew up some bubbling batches of bloodcurdling bait! Master the alchemical arts and bring down Baba Gaga with her own boiling cauldrons!
Brew Monterey Jack-O-Lantern Cheese
Brew Bonefort Cheese
Brew Polter-Geitost Cheese
Brew Scream Cheese
Brew an Evil Extract
- Collect Mousedrake Root by hunting with any brewed cheese.
- Brew 15 Mousedrake Root in a cauldron to distill a batch of Evil Extract for purchasing potions!
Capture Baba Gaga
- Catch Baba Gaga using Scream Cheese
This adventure takes place in:
These are the shops that can be found in Gloomy Greenwood.
|Sealed Treat Scroll Case||1 Ancient Relic|
|Sealed Trick Scroll Case||3 Ancient Relics|
|Gloomy Gathering Charm||25 Pungent Pumpkins||N/A||N/A|
|Spooky Charm||1 Pungent Pumpkin||N/A||N/A|
|Super Spooky Charm||1 Marshmarrow||N/A||N/A|
|Extreme Spooky Charm||1 Ghost Pepper||N/A||N/A|
|Ultimate Spooky Charm||1 AvocAAAAHdo||N/A||N/A|
|Rift Spooky Charm||1 Mousedrake Root||N/A||N/A|
(Items Not Spent)
|Eerie Base||120,000 gold||Master title to equip|
|Eerier Base||320,000 gold||Own an Eerie Base to purchase|
Grandmaster title to equip
No weapons in Trapsmith this event.
History and Trivia
- When the Hunter travels to the Gloomy Greenwood via clicking the travel shortcut located in the Travel page, the following message can be seen:
- Following Larry's directions I make it to the hut. I recite the rhyme: "Hut of brown, now sit down." and the door creaks open...