S.S. Huntington IV
- 1 Overview
- 2 S.S. Huntington IV Mice
- 3 Hunting Strategy
- 4 Shops
- 5 History and Trivia
- 6 Links
- This article is about the hunting location. For the Map Piece, see S.S. Huntington IV (item).
|S.S. Huntington IV|
|Travel Requirement:||S.S. Huntington III map piece|
|Recommended Power Type:||Hydro|
|Number of Mice:||19|
|Release Date:||4 June 2009|
|This fine vessel has been granted permission by the King to sail the open ocean east of Gnawnia, and has been upgraded with hundreds of thousands of interlocking hull fragments, allowing it to breach even the dangerous Iceberg with ease.|
The S.S. Huntington IV is a location in the Rodentia region requiring a minimum rank of Legendary and having crafted the S.S. Huntington III map piece to enter. Mice in this location may steal points, gold, or multiple pieces of cheese if not captured.
Hydro weapons are strongly recommended when hunting aboard the S.S. Huntington IV.
Hunters will need to locate the Compass, Sextant, and Telescope from mice aboard the S.S. Huntington IV in order to craft the Ocean Navigation Kit. The Ocean Navigation Kit is required to travel to the Tribal Isles locations.
Crafting the S.S. Huntington III Map Piece
Hunters require the S.S. Huntington III map piece in order to travel to the S.S. Huntington IV. There are two ways in which this map piece can be crafted, but each requires the same crafting items and will cost the same amount of gold.
This single-step recipe creates the S.S. Huntington III map piece required for travelling to the S.S. Huntington IV location.
Unchristened Ship Formulas
This two step recipe creates the S.S. Huntington III map piece required for travelling to the S.S. Huntington IV location.
Before MouseHunt updated to Version 3.0 on 8 June 2010, Legendary Hunters were encouraged to follow Formula 2.1 and 2.2 to craft the S.S. Huntington map piece in order to ensure crafting success.
If Hunters use Formula 2.1 to craft the Unchristened Ship, crafting of S.S. Huntington III map piece is completed with the following formula:
|Formula 2.2: Christened Ship|
|King's Reserve Bubbleh||1||210,000|
|Recipe costs represent Shoppe prices only. The cost of items obtained through other sources will affect the total cost of crafting.|
S.S. Huntington IV Mice
All mice aboard the S.S. Huntington IV are part of the Aquatic Order, except the Crown Collector and Nibbler mice, which are part of the Indigenous Mice group.
Hydro weapons are the most effective weapons for capturing mice in this location, but all mice found here also have a weakness to Physical and Tactical weapons.
Cheese Preference and Loot
Standard Cheeses will attract all mice aboard the S.S. Huntington IV except the Cook Mouse
SUPER|brie+ is required to attract the Cook Mouse and improves the attraction rate of the Shelder Mouse.
Galleon Gouda reduces the mouse population and provides the higest attraction rate of the Shelder Mouse.
|Hydra||9,640||5,760||X||X||X||Bolt of Cloth|
|Salt Water Snapper||1,980||1,200||X||X|
Mice with Special Requirements
- Relic Hunter Mouse – This mouse visits the S.S. Huntington IV on an irregular basis. It does not consume cheese or charms. Hunters must have an Ancient Relic in their inventory to attract this mouse. The Ancient Relic will be taken by the Relic Hunter Mouse in exchange for a Relic Hunter Scroll Case.
- M400 – This mouse will sometimes be available aboard the S.S. Huntington IV when Hunters are actively working an M400 Hunting Research Assignment. It is attracted only to Fusion Fondue which will not attract any other mice. It drops a wide variety of loot.
Standard Cheese will attract all mice found aboard the S.S. Huntington IV, except the Cook Mouse
The Cook Mouse is only attracted to SUPER|brie+
The Shelder Mouse is extremely rare regardless of bait used, but SUPER|brie+ provides a greater attraction, and Galleon Gouda provides the best attraction. Galleon Gouda is found as a reward inside Shelder Treasure Chests.
The Ocean Navigation Kit is required to travel to the Tribal Isles region. Hunters must find the Compass, Sextant, and Telescope while hunting aboard the S.S. Huntington IV in order to craft the Ocean Navigation Kit.
- M400 Hunting Research Assignment - This assignment may require collecting 1 Piece of M400 Intel from mice aboard S.S. Huntington IV and/or capture the M400.
- Zurreal Trap Research Assignment - This assignment requires Hunters to collect 1 Mesh Netting from Leviathan or Squeaken mice aboard the S.S. Huntington IV.
S.S. Huntington IV mice are worth points during some Tournaments.
Many mice in the S.S. Huntington IV are often found on Relic Hunter Treasure Maps.
Tribal and Shelder Hunt Treasure Maps require capturing mice found aboard the S.S. Huntington IV, in the Jungle of Dread, and in Dracano. This map requires catching a Shelder Mouse.
Hunting tips by Larry
Welcome aboard, MouseHunter!
What a lovely job you did constructing this vessel. . . it’s a pity that it’s overrun with mice already.
If you want to clean up a bit, you should know that many of the mice here live in the open water. As such, you will find them especially weak to Hydro traps, which you can buy from the Trapsmith onboard.
If you're looking to sail far off into the ocean, you'll need to build yourself an Ocean Navigation Kit. I'm sure some of the mice here will have stolen the necessary components at some point or other...
These are the shops that can be found aboard the S.S. Huntington IV.
title to equip
title to equip
title to equip
History and Trivia
- 4 June 2009: This location was introduced as the S.S. Huntington II.
- Two days after MouseHunters noticed that the ship in the map of the Harbour was changed to a wreck, this location was discovered. According to developers, the location was named "Huntington because it has the word hunting in the name. It's named as the second because the first one that was in the Harbour sank."
- 24 May 2012: With the introduction of the Iceberg, the ship was renamed to the S.S. Huntington III
- The previous name, S.S. Huntington II, came with the following description:
- This fine vessel has been granted permission by the King to sail the open ocean east of Gnawnia. Who knows what exotic hunting grounds are out there just waiting to be discovered..?
- 11 December 2018: With the arrival of the Great Winter Hunt 2018 the ship was changed to S.S. Huntington IV with the following text.
- A particularly icy Festive Comet has crashed into the Rodentia Ocean, obliterating the S.S. Huntington III! Fortunately, the King's Royal Astronomers observed that the comet was off-course and would land in the ocean instead of its usual landing spot near the castle. This allowed the King's Royal Engineers to construct a replacement ship ahead of time with the ample supply of Splintered Wood in the King's Royal Sawmill. You can find the new and improved S.S. Huntington IV just north of its previous location.