- 1 Overview
- 2 Lost City HUD
- 3 Lost Curse Minigame
- 4 Lost City Mice
- 5 Hunting Strategy
- 6 Shops
- 7 History and Trivia
- 8 Links
|Region: Sandtail Desert|
|Travel Requirement:||Living Garden Key|
|Required Power Type:||Arcane|
|Required Cheeses:||Dewthief Camembert|
|Required Charms:||Searcher Charm|
|Number of Mice:||6|
|Release Date:||14 November 2012|
|This city suffered a terrible curse and was lost between dimensions! The mice residing here are ghostly apparitions as well, trapped between dimensions in an incorporeal state.|
The Lost City is a location in the Sandtail Desert region requiring a minimum rank of Baron/Baroness and the Living Garden Key to enter. The Living Garden Key is obtained from the Cartographer at the Muridae Market.
Accessing the Twisted World
The Twisted World locations of Twisted Garden, Cursed City, and Sand Crypts can only be accessed by capturing Carmine the Apothecary with Duskshade Camembert in the Living Garden. Capturing Carmine the Apothecary will move the Hunter to the Twisted Garden and the following message is displayed:
On catching Carmine the Apothecary, a light flashes and a spell she had prepared in advance erupts! Nightmarish tendrils of dark smoke burst from the ground around me, and before I knew it the world had changed before my very eyes into a wild and twisted version of itself.
I can feel this world itself attempting to reject me and send me back, but I must stay as long as I am able to find out what Carmine is doing in this hidden, dark place.
Almost as if an illusion suddenly shattered, the world around me snaps back to normal. Using X Cheese has brought me back to the normal world.
If an M400 Hunting Research Assignment requires capturing the M400 in the Lost City, Hunters can encounter it in the Cursed City, but will be dropped to normal reality for hunting with the wrong cheese.
The Living Garden Sequence
Hunters will need to hunt the areas in the Living Garden sub-region in a specific order. The following steps outline the basic requirements for accessing and hunting in each location. Additional information on minigames and other activities can be found on the individual location pages.
The steps of the cycle that can be completed in the Lost City location are highlighted in bold.
- Step 1: Living Garden
- Step 1a: Hunt with Standard Cheese in the Living Garden to collect Dewthief Petals.
- Step 1b: Use Dewthief Petals to purchase Dewthief Camembert.
- Step 2a: Hunt with Dewthief Camembert in the Lost City to collect Dreamfluff Herbs.
- Step 2b: Hunt with Dewthief Camembert in the Sand Dunes to collect Duskshade Petals.
- Step 2c: Use Dreamfluff Herbs and Duskshade Petals to purchase Duskshade Camembert.
- Step 3: Living Garden
- Step 3a: Hunt with Duskshade Camembert in the Living Garden.
- Step 3b: Capture Carmine the Apothecary to open the Twisted World and travel to the Twisted Garden.
- Step 4: Twisted Garden
- Step 4a: Hunt with Duskshade Camembert in the Twisted Garden to collect Graveblossom Petals.
- Step 4b: Use Graveblossom Petals to purchase Graveblossom Camembert.
- Step 5a: Hunt with Graveblossom Camembert in the Cursed City to collect Plumepearl Herbs.
- Step 5b: Hunt with Graveblossom Camembert in the Sand Crypts to collect Lunaria Petals.
- Step 5c: Use Plumepearl Herbs and Lunaria Petals to purchase Lunaria Camembert.
- Step 6: Twisted Garden
Lost City HUD
Hunters can access and track the following using the Heads-Up Display:
Lost Curse Minigame
To activate the Lost Curse Minigame, Hunters need to catch a mouse while the Searcher Charm is armed.
The following message will be displayed in the Hunter's Journal when the curse is lifted:
- The power of my Searcher Charm dispelled the Lost Curse, lifting the curse from the Lost City!
I should unequip my Searcher Charms and save them for later.
The HUD message will also change to The curse is lifted! The Essence Collectors have stopped hiding! Watch out for that Cursed Mouse! Once the minigame is activated, Essence Collector mice can be attracted to the Hunter's trap, and the Cursed mouse will not be attracted for the first three hunts. The curse will reappear once the hunter encounters a Cursed mouse and the following message will be displayed:
- The terrible power of the Cursed Mouse re-ignited the curse on the Lost City!
Lost City Mice
Capturing the Cursed Mouse will restore the Lost City Curse in the Lost Curse Minigame. This mouse will not be encountered for the 3 hunts immediately after the curse is lifted.
Safeguard Charms can be armed to prevent the attraction of the Cursed Mouse.
Essence Collector Mouse
Cheese Preferences and Loot
Avoids Safeguard Charms
Requires Lifted Curse
|Ethereal Enchanter||13,500||2,580||Aleth Essence|
|Ethereal Engineer||15,000||1,200||Aleth Essence|
|Ethereal Librarian||14,500||1,850||Aleth Essence|
|Ethereal Thief||16,500||1,650||Aleth Essence|
Mice with Special Requirements
- M400 – This mouse will sometimes be available in the Lost City when Hunters are actively working an M400 Hunting Research Assignment. It is attracted only to Fusion Fondue which will not attract any other mice. It drops a wide variety of loot.
Hunters should arm Dewthief Camembert to collect Dreamfluff Herbs from the mice found in the Lost City. Hunters can then use Dreamfluff Herbs (along with Duskshade Petals) to purchase Duskshade Camembert.
- Aurora Base - Limited Edition - has a chance to generate a random essence (from Aleth to Icuri)
- Hothouse Base - Limited Edition - Doubles the range of Garden Petals and Herbs dropped by mice in this location.
- Living Base - Doubles the range of Garden Petals and Herbs dropped by mice in this location.
- Searcher Charm: Catching a mouse with this charm armed will dispel the Lost City Curse in the Lost Curse Minigame. Lifting the curse allows the Essence Collector Mouse to be attracted. Lifting the curse also prevents attraction of the Cursed Mouse for three hunts.
- Safeguard Charms repel the Cursed Mouse.
- M400 Bait Research Assignment - This assignment may require Hunters to track down specific items from Lost City mice in order to complete it.
- M400 Hunting Research Assignment - This assignment may require collecting 1 Piece of M400 Intel from mice in the Lost City and/or capture the M400.
Hunting tips by Larry
I hope you managed to build up a large collection of Dewthief Cheese , hunter. The mice in this city don't seem to like anything else!
Long ago something strange happened to this city: it became trapped between two dimensions. You will only find ghostly appertains here, but do not be fooled - these mice are very much alive! Existing in multiple dimensions has it's advantages and the mice have learned to control them. These mice can swipe your cheese while still being mostly immune to your trap. It would seem that they are bound to our reality by their inherent magical aspect. Because of this weakness, your Arcane traps will be extremely effective at countering these wispy foes.
If you're looking to collect the most Garden Essences here, you'll want to dispel the Lost Curse that affects you while here. To do that, purchase a Searcher Charm from the store and catch a mouse. Simple as that! When the curse is dispelled, the Essence Collector Mouse is free to roam, and you're free to catch it and steal his cache of Garden Essences! But beware, should the Cursed Mouse show, the Lost Curse will be renewed and you'll need to use another Searcher Charm again.
Be sure to collect all the Dreamfluff Herbs you can while you're here. You'll need them to create cheese to keep hunting with!
These are the shops that can be found in the Lost City:
1 Aleth Essence
1 Dewthief Petal
|Dewthief Camembert 4-Pack||3,000
3 Dewthief Petal
1 Magic Essence
1 Duskshade Petal
1 Dreamfluff Herbs
|Duskshade Camembert 4-Pack||4,400
3 Duskshade Petal
3 Dreamfluff Herbs
1 Magic Essence
1 Graveblossom Petal
|Graveblossom Camembert 4-Pack||6,000
3 Graveblossom Petal
1 Magic Essence
1 Lunaria Petal
1 Plumepearl Herbs
|Lunaria Camembert 4-Pack||7,100
3 Lunaria Petal
3 Plumepearl Herbs
1 Magic Essence
|Tiny Platinum Bar||60,000||60,000|
|Rift Base Blueprints||7,500,000||7,500,000|
History and Trivia